Squad for 2024.

jroyales

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, Happyed said:

Rawsthorne is a big loss. We have options on that wing but there’s a chance now for someone to make that shirt their own. I’m not convinced by Johnson. Anyone know when Sambou is back?

I think Johnson is primarily a centre or full-back. He's a good player, though not quick enough for wing in my opinion.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Shame about Whittel. Was one of the unsung hero's of 2019 promotion winning seasons and then was one of the only shining lights of the 22 an 23 seasons. Think he could have forced his way into the team over the course of the season.

• Like 3

Disappointed to see the news of the departure of Emmerson Whittel, a player who had certainly proved his worth with his service to our club, both prior to and following his spell in Australia. He was a strong player with a first class work rate and an aggressive edge, that made him both a valuable and valued player.

With his experience and age, no doubt it won't be long before he joins another club, possibly one in Championship. Now, that would be ironic. Good luck to him.

• Like 6

On 19/03/2024 at 13:41, Logic said:

Disappointed to see the news of the departure of Emmerson Whittel, a player who had certainly proved his worth with his service to our club, both prior to and following his spell in Australia. He was a strong player with a first class work rate and an aggressive edge, that made him both a valuable and valued player.

With his experience and age, no doubt it won't be long before he joins another club, possibly one in Championship. Now, that would be ironic. Good luck to him.

Singed for hornets

Shame about Emerson. He was a hundred percenter, no doubt. But, sometimes someone else's 80 % is better. Tbh it was almost definite he was going to the butterflies, I would've put a clause in his release that he couldn't play against us. As I've said previously,  the ex players should've proved a point last year.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, chiefgeneral said:

See Cian Tyrer has gone to Worky on loan. I'd have him further up the pecking order than Johnson

I agree he looks a good player hopefully a couple of good games at Workington will push his claims for a start for us

32 minutes ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

It’s quite strange to be in a position where we can loan good players out rather than being desperate to get them from elsewhere- though Tyler Dupree can come back, if he wants. 

Doubt it, he's at Wigan isn't he? Though I thought I'd recalled we were DR with Wigan and now Salford..