Sat 14th Oct: Super League Grand Final: Wigan Warriors v Catalans Dragons KO 18:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more
    • Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points
    • Catalans Dragons by 1 to 6 points
    • Catalans Dragons by 7 to 12 points
    • Catalans Dragons by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/10/23 at 17:30

Discuss the Super League Grand Final: Wigan Warriors v Catalans Dragons here.

• Like 1

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

What a great match up. Hard to disagree these have been the best two teams this season.

Through the teams I think Cats have the edge in the middles.and hooker,  Wigan a better 2nd row. Wigan edge the centres, but Catalans wingers marginally better? Halves and full back is all guile and experiance for Catalan, against speed and flair from French and Field (Harry Smith is steady).

In my normal vein of Anyone but Wigan, going for a Cats win.

Should hopefully be a fantastic contest.

With respect to the Pie Eaters on here, it would be wonderful to see a victory for Les Cats to enable a GF victory link to Hull via Steve Macnamara. (He said, rather desperately!)

Unfortunately I think Wigan's experience will see them through.

• Like 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

7 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Should hopefully be a fantastic contest.

With respect to the Pie Eaters on here, it would be wonderful to see a victory for Les Cats to enable a GF victory link to Hull via Steve Macnamara. (He said, rather desperately!)

Unfortunately I think Wigan's experience will see them through.

You saved me the trouble OF.

31 minutes ago, tiffers said:

Tomkins to throw an outrageous dummy, go 30yards and offload to a support player to crash over on 72mins and hang on for a 16-12 win.

That would be the ultimate send off for a true legend of the game (love him or hate him).  I love the way he always gives the support (as does Josh Charnley) to Joining Jack campaign when he scores.

• Like 3

There are some great stories around this final and some fantastic match ups. Catalans certainly have the edge in terms of experience in the spine positions but Wigan have the advantage in freshness/pace in those same spots. Grand Finals very rarely see a team open up and play free flowing rugby, so in a tight battle I'm possibly just edging for the Catalans experience to win it for them but French/Field only need a slip of concentration or two to punish teams. 

I'll go with the draw, nobody to score in Golden Point and us to share the trophy after playing until about 10pm😀 (Not that I'm sitting on the fence)

Still no confirmation of this game being anywhere on French TV, it's being advertised on équipe TV which is the équipe internet site, so to see the game you have to register and find the site, it's on Catalan TV in Spain but only in Spain. Madness, there's no news for the Toulouse game either. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, barnyia said:

Still no confirmation of this game being anywhere on French TV, it's being advertised on équipe TV which is the équipe internet site, so to see the game you have to register and find the site, it's on Catalan TV in Spain but only in Spain. Madness, there's no news for the Toulouse game either. 

Sorry to say it barnyia, but if that is the case and French TV in all it's forms cannot be bothered to transmit a showcase event such as this and also to a lesser extent the T.O. final, what chance of ever getting TV deal? They must  consider that the market for Rugby League is so small is not worth investing in.

I have never missed a GF and before that a Championship final as it was called when televised, but prior to the semis I expected a Wigan/Saints final and I must admit that it wasn't filling me with any great aspiration to watch it.

Thank goodness that Catalan won last week, or it could have been HKR it has rekindled my interest to watch it, and with the opportunity to put a new name on the trophy they will be my favoured team who I will be getting behind and cheering on to win it.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Sorry to say it barnyia, but if that is the case and French TV in all it's forms cannot be bothered to transmit a showcase event such as this and also to a lesser extent the T.O. final, what chance of ever getting TV deal? They must  consider that the market for Rugby League is so small is not worth investing in.

Thats the Super League fault

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Bamboozle said:

Is that a real 55k or a RFL 55k?

A real 55k with 45k of those tickets actually paid for. I wonder how many tickets would be generously given away for good causes if it was Saints vs Wigan.

I'm definitely not saying I don't support certain groups of people being given free tickets because of what they do for society or because of the disadvantaged position they may be in, but don't big yourself up for it when it's only because you literally can't sell the tickets. 

I'll also add that I'm glad we've got to a point where we have a strong French team but their participation in the GF shouldn't be an excuse for not selling tickets. If the RFL knew how to market properly, we should be able to sell the big domestic games very well.