Superleague fixtures

2 hours ago, Chris22 said:

Derek Beaumont has put on Facebook that it's Thursday at 9.30am.

That's the same day as the 2024 County Cricket Fixtures are released and must annoy LPL as surely it makes sense to announce the fixture list on a Sunday evening as before, at midnight so they are published in the only RL newspaper that comes out on the Monday..

• Like 1

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

14 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Didn't we do some kind of reveal a year or two ago - where every club announced their home opener? Assume we aren't doing anything interesting this time.

5 hours ago, Dave T said:

Didn't we do some kind of reveal a year or two ago - where every club announced their home opener? Assume we aren't doing anything interesting this time.

Sorry mate, I think the article in the YEP reckons you might learn who Warrington play first from tomorrow, then the rest of the fixtures from Thursday.  So a similar plan.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dave T said:

Hi Dave T, Wigan site saying first 2 games announced tomorrow from 7pm , so I think it will be the same as last year where teams will announce their home opener , which in effect will be first 2 rounds . Have copied and pasted below if that helps

Magic Weekend will be Round 22 of the 2024 Betfred Super League season. The full fixtures list will be published on Thursday morning (8:30am), with Clubs revealing their opponents in the first two rounds on Wednesday evening (from 7pm).

• Thanks 1

My personal view - and it's entirely personal - is that it's a mistake to have games that would generate big crowds anyway as the opening day fixtures. You want games that would otherwise be under average so they get the boost from being the season starters.

I do agree with the comment made elsewhere that they should be loop fixtures as that way one of the three is out of the way.

• Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

27 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

My personal view - and it's entirely personal - is that it's a mistake to have games that would generate big crowds anyway as the opening day fixtures. You want games that would otherwise be under average so they get the boost from being the season starters.

I do agree with the comment made elsewhere that they should be loop fixtures as that way one of the three is out of the way.

Agree. Big game in February. Not ideal.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

According to the Super League graphic this morning, four of the six games of the opening round, kick off on Friday at 8pm.

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

For some reason, Warrington play Catalans three times before we have any games against Wigan or Saints. It seems strange but probably not a big deal.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

44 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

According to the Super League graphic this morning, four of the six games of the opening round, kick off on Friday at 8pm.

Graphic now updated. Three of the six.

F_mxRXoXgAAHYbc?format=jpg&name=small

30 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

So 2 weekly games on Sky TV, with the remaining 4 streamed online by both Sky and Our League (presumably via PPV or season pass) with no FTA.

Super League 2024 fixtures: Every match for the regular season, plus play-off and Grand Final dates | Rugby League News | Sky Sports

FTA still a possibility depends on C4 and if they want to put money in.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/24459702/super-league-rugby-tv-channel-4-france/amp/

17 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

FTA still a possibility depends on C4 and if they want to put money in.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/24459702/super-league-rugby-tv-channel-4-france/amp/

I think it's fair that they expect Channel 4 to pay to show the games, they have taken the cost of production away from them so they should in theory have budget to pay for the rights if they want them.

• Like 1