2024 attendance thread

Anyone know if the away seating at New Craven Park is allocated this year? Ticket i've got via Leeds has seat/row number on it so this is probably a stupid question but I think it's been unallocated seating in the past?

13 hours ago, Chris22 said:

Think we gave away around 2,000 tickets or so. We've tended to this against Catalans in recent years, usually for Home Bargains employees. I don't have a problem with it as a one-off over the course of a season, better than an empty stand as it otherwise would have been against London. Probably about 12,000 paying customers, which is still good.

The club would’ve made a nice profit on the bars. They ran out of the pies pretty quickly, i don’t know who runs them but they’re naff. They always seem to have a problem with something not working or not enough stock being ordered. 

All these TV games will hit attendance...

• Like 10

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 06/02/2024 at 22:37, The 4 of Us said:
Hull FC v Hull Kingston Rovers - 20,000
Leeds Rhinos v Salford Red Devils 13,000
Leigh Leopards v Huddersfield Giants 8,000
St Helens v London Broncos 11,000
Castleford Tigers v Wigan Warriors 9000
Catalans DragonsWarrington Wolves 12,000 

?

73,000 vs 76,699 

Thought I was being optimistic.

A very good turn out all around.looks like nearly every game bar Catalan was even more.

Round 2 guesstimates? 

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

1 hour ago, The 4 of Us said:

73,000 vs 76,699 

Thought I was being optimistic.

A very good turn out all around.looks like nearly every game bar Catalan was even more.

Round 2 guesstimates? 

Hard to compare as WCC means no Wigan v Leigh, which would have been a big crowd. Warrington Hull may be low, London Catalans, Salford Castleford, but KR and Leeds will help, and I'd have thought St Helens would take lots to Huddersfield

5 minutes ago, N2022 said:

Hard to compare as WCC means no Wigan v Leigh, which would have been a big crowd. Warrington Hull may be low, London Catalans, Salford Castleford, but KR and Leeds will help, and I'd have thought St Helens would take lots to Huddersfield

I don't see any reason for Wire to be low for their home opener. 

2 hours ago, Damien said:

10,170 at Castleford for the Wigan game. It's always good when the likes of Cas pull in 5 figure crowds.

I daresay Cas draw some support from beyond the town boundaries. But for a community of just 45,000 residents to provide a 10,170 sports fixture attendance is remarkable. Unique in Britain?

Edited by Hopping Mad
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Hopping Mad said:

I daresay Cas draw some support from beyond the town boundaries. But for a community of just 45,000 residents to provide a 10,170 sports fixture attendance is remarkable. Unique in Britain?

Yeah they certainly pull well above their weight and are an asset to the game. Hopefully if they get their ground improvements done they can get even more.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tre Cool said:

London just about sold out both open stands for their first match

Which two stands do they open now? 

Will definitely pop across for a couple of games this season, as well as the Rovers trip. 

3 hours ago, Tre Cool said:

London just about sold out both open stands for their first match

Not sure which stand they've just opened, but North, South & East stands are all open now & selling strongly. 

I don't know the stadium well, but you'd have to think they'll be pushing 5K vs the Catalans. 

London hasn't had crowds like that since the Quins days in 2011.

• Like 1

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

13 minutes ago, Yakstorm said:

Not sure which stand they've just opened, but North, South & East stands are all open now & selling strongly. 

I don't know the stadium well, but you'd have to think they'll be pushing 5K vs the Catalans. 

London hasn't had crowds like that since the Quins days in 2011.

I couldn't believe it, my mate already had 2 tickets in south stand, I looked a month ago and it was almost empty so didn't bother booking. Got the last 3 seats together in the same stand today.

• Like 4

Tickets remaining at Plough Lane by bay (yes I am excited to see something resembling a crowd buying tickets to a London home game) 

East Stand:

- 117 : 56

South Stand:

- 130 : 12

- 131 : 18

- 132 : 15

North Stand: 

- 112 : 154

- 113 : 21

- 114 : 25

- 115 : 21

- 116 : 31

- 117 : 60

So taking what we know the capacity is in each of those stands, we should be past 4,500 for Friday night.

- East Stand : 2,335 (2,391)

- South Stand : 1,047 (1,092)

- North Stand : 1,153 (1,465)

- West Stand : 0 (4,267)

Wonder if we'll see the West Stand go on sale, or if they'll cap it at 4,948.

• Like 6

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

13 minutes ago, Yakstorm said:

Tickets remaining at Plough Lane by bay (yes I am excited to see something resembling a crowd buying tickets to a London home game) 

East Stand:

- 117 : 56

South Stand:

- 130 : 12

- 131 : 18

- 132 : 15

North Stand: 

- 112 : 154

- 113 : 21

- 114 : 25

- 115 : 21

- 116 : 31

- 117 : 60

So taking what we know the capacity is in each of those stands, we should be past 4,500 for Friday night.

- East Stand : 2,335 (2,391)

- South Stand : 1,047 (1,092)

- North Stand : 1,153 (1,465)

- West Stand : 0 (4,267)

Wonder if we'll see the West Stand go on sale, or if they'll cap it at 4,948.

That's brilliant considering the last time they were in SL their largest attendance was just 3,051. That was at Trailfinders of course but even so. What's driving this increase? Is it just the change of location or are they actively working to build the fanbase, maybe working with the football club to attract some of their fans as well? They're certainly doing something it seems. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Futtocks said:

All these TV games will hit attendance...

I admit it: in the past, I felt that live games free-to-air adversely affected attendances -but felt it was a price worth paying. Clearly, I was wrong (And Not For The First Time...© 1967-2024 Mrs JohnM).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

That's brilliant considering the last time they were in SL their largest attendance was just 3,051. That was at Trailfinders of course but even so. What's driving this increase? Is it just the change of location or are they actively working to build the fanbase, maybe working with the football club to attract some of their fans as well? They're certainly doing something it seems. 

Thousands of free tickets to schools and community clubs. A good idea but needs momentum to see any follow-up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2