2024 attendance thread

12 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

It’s been tried before and didn’t work (not just at LSV, I’ve witnessed it at a few SL grounds) and it’s just a foreign concept. Post below nails it.

(I must admit football away games are reserved seating 99% of the time and very few people take notice, but that’s also with everybody stood up in a seated area, blocking aisles and cramming 29-30 people on a 28 seat row because people are determined to sit together even if they bought separately so not exactly an example to follow!) 

Reserved seating is a pain, as not everyone is the same, some people like to plonk themselves down anywhere and just watch the game, some people want to be near the front for a closer view, others prefer the back, some people like to stand up and sing etc, but reserved seating means that people of all tastes are forced to sit together.

It's why the atmosphere at most football grounds and some rugby grounds now is so poor.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

Anyone know last night’s attendances? Except Hull KR of course, who will say it’s a sell out and announce the number in October 2028. 

Never mind the attendance, how much were the ticket yields worth and how much % did they make on hot dogs?

They're just as important 😛  

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Except the away end at the DW is unreserved seating for RL games. Saints fans queue up before the turnstiles open and then do the RL equivalent of sticking towels on sunloungers to try and save the seats for their mates. Similar story in the South Stand for home fans. I should know, I spent 10 years printing the tickets.

(It was reserved seating for the World Club Challenge, but that was a whole other set up)  

Also I should add that the North Stand has 5,400 seats yet only a maximum of 4,800 are allowed in with reserved seating and even fewer for unreserved so that makes things easier (might only be 4,600 now based on Bolton’s allocation a few weeks ago)

Is that why they have the coverings on the front few rows?

2 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

Is that why they have the coverings on the front few rows?

Partly yes as they can’t use the seats anyway. Partly because they didn’t it in other stands for Latics to hide the seats that they can’t give away. 

10 hours ago, Eddie said:

Anyone know last night’s attendances? Except Hull KR of course, who will say it’s a sell out and announce the number in October 2028. 

Which is perfectly normal and acceptable, apparently. 

On 05/04/2024 at 10:10, daz39 said:

To be fair he hs a valid point, no need to take the P or be sarcastic like that.

I think most people find it a bit strange that suddenly HKR have decided to go against the 'norm' for the sport and do something totally different, it's obviously going to be questioned, i'm pretty sure you would have thought 'eh, why?'  in the beginning yourself.

Whatever spiel they have put around it, it is not normal in RL terms.

I’m not a fan of it. But I understand their reasons, even if I wouldn’t do it myself, and I think it’s absolutely ridiculous to go from “I’d rather they didn’t do that” to “they must have some secret, nefarious reason for doing that and they’re just lying to us all”

The former is a reasonable opinion. The latter is paranoid nonsense. 

10 hours ago, JonNgog said:

Was it really 3,000 less than the Saints game? Didn’t look like it.

East Stand was pretty sparse and the South Stand terrace wasn't sold out so it seemed plausible to me.

20 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Looks like a full house in Perpignan tonight.

• Like 3

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

11 minutes ago, Damien said:

Yet another great crowd from Doncaster. They really are on the up this season.

Yes, I was one of the 1500 Wakey fans, who were very excited to watch the Dons test my team today 🙂

1770 Halifax v Batley

I've seen 450 given on social media for Whitehaven v Sheffield, but that seems very low, and is not from an official source.

• Like 1

On 04/04/2024 at 22:40, meast said:

Lots of empty spaces even upto the 65 minute mark, how come?

Does it really matter? Impressive crowd all the same, and yes I know Wigan brought around 2:5K.

Edited by Zilla Budgie

17 hours ago, johnh1 said:

What a change from when Doncaster and Huyton posted crowds of 250 every week.

You don’t go to the Keepmoat with the knowledge that you have a 50% chance of getting away alive though, like you did at Alt Park. 

• Like 1