2024 attendance thread

2 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Avignon hit 15/17000

I did the sponsorship for both Toulouse and Paris they were both good events main sponsor for them was Eurostar.

P

Avignon does appear to be the place for crowds, although I do think it had higher status games. 

9 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

I've watched the tries. 1800 of those must have been behind the camera.

If you look at the YT video at the point where the players walk off at the end of the game, it's pretty clear that most of the crowd is indeed in the stand below the camera. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JonM said:

If you look at the YT video at the point where the players walk off at the end of the game, it's pretty clear that most of the crowd is indeed in the stand below the camera. 

I hadn't seen that but it still looks very sparse.

26 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

I hadn't seen that but it still looks very sparse.

2000 in a 19 000 capacity ground is not going to look very good even if the camera was opposite the main stand, I suppose.

11 hours ago, Dave T said:

The last mid-season international between these teams in Toulouse (2008) got 8.3k. A year later in Paris it got 7.6k.

The crowds don't tend to be horrendous considering the organisation. 

I went to the game in Paris. Tickets only went on sale about a fortnight prior if memory serves me right. A miracle they get so many on a weekend with several SL games, possibly even a full programme. It probably dates it quite nicely if I point out it was the night that Wigan lost away to Celtic Crusaders. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, daz39 said:

"where were you, where were you, where were you when you were ****?"

Hurts doesn't it Daz, being a Giants fan.

You have a great coach, top players, full cap, super stadium...and still no-one wants to watch them.

It's just silly to dig at any club making strides forward.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, daz39 said:

To be fair, nothing would make me happier than listening to that live, it would mean Trinity were back in SL doing well.

• Like 1

St. Helens/ Huddersfield 9 888

Some good crowds for Anzac Day Down Under

St. George/ Sydney Roosters 40 727

Melbourne / South Sydney 25 149

NZ Warriors/ Gold Coast 23 912

Manly / Parra 17 385

11 hours ago, daz39 said:

Ouch. 🙉

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

On 26/04/2024 at 22:00, JonM said:

Leigh vs Catalans 7 321

Lord Derby Cup at Stade Gilbert-Brutus 6,459

• Like 5

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

On 24/04/2024 at 08:11, Rugbyleaguesupporter said:

I really enjoy going to Headingley, but the North stand looks poor on TV- it sounds and looks much poorer on tv now as a stadium.

I have said this for years...I keep getting told is because many of the seats are corporate....I have no idea why that means they are empty

Headingly on tv has looked good once since the north stand. That was the Rob Burrow game where it was full.....since then I have never seen the north stand look much more than two thirds full

13 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I have said this for years...I keep getting told is because many of the seats are corporate....I have no idea why that means they are empty

You're deliberately conflating two things.

22,000 round average for the NRL this weekend. A little less that I would have anticipated on an extra long ANZAC day weekend. Maybe a lot of people took Friday off and went away for the weekend like I did.

Raiders 60% full and Dolphins <40% full were two particularly disappointing turnouts and I would have expected a greater turnout than 80% capacity in Townsville for an ANZAC round considering the significant armed forces presence around North Queensland.

But, great turnouts for Tigers (Campbeltown), Sea Eagles, Dragons and Warriors all at near on capacity and Storm doing well with > 25,000 @ > 80% capacity on the same day the other code drew 94,000 at the MCG.

41 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

22,000 round average for the NRL this weekend. A little less that I would have anticipated on an extra long ANZAC day weekend. Maybe a lot of people took Friday off and went away for the weekend like I did.

Raiders 60% full and Dolphins <40% full were two particularly disappointing turnouts and I would have expected a greater turnout than 80% capacity in Townsville for an ANZAC round considering the significant armed forces presence around North Queensland.

But, great turnouts for Tigers (Campbeltown), Sea Eagles, Dragons and Warriors all at near on capacity and Storm doing well with > 25,000 @ > 80% capacity on the same day the other code drew 94,000 at the MCG.

Dolphins affected by the weekend closure of the train line to Brisbane. Its free travel with a game ticket but the replacement bus service from and to KippaRing is horrendous( and there is no parking around Suncorp).

• Like 1