Tony Smith and Stanley Gene have left the building..

Bloody marvellous!

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Bloody marvellous!

I can't believe they both left before the mission was complete. I'm asking Stanley for a refund right now. 

• Haha 3

Just came to post this myself. I haven't seen anything official but I've heard it from a couple of people who don't tend to spread unsubstantiated rumours.

All our problems are obviously not just down to him, but I think its the right decision on the whole. We haven't improved in one single aspect. In fact we've gone backwards in most areas.

I always liked and respected Tomy Smith, and I still do. It was probably the wrong job at the wrong time for him. I hope his legacy isn't too dented by his time at our basket case of a club.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I wonder how much money Pearson has spent on paying off coaches in the past few years

I think his contract ended at the end of this year anyway, so in this case probably not that much.

I'm hearing there's more news to come.

I hope so. We've gone backwards in pretty much every metric in the last year and a bit. On the field has been the worst it's been since we moved to the new stadium. For those that say you can't blame the coach for that, I say you can't not blame him for any of it. He's still got to get the players playing, and he's just not done that in spectacular fashion. 

There's a lot of people that need to leave our club, and a lot that need to come in. That won't happen unless the people coming in first are new investors. 

Please, let the new people coming in be new investors!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

2 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Seen the rumour of Davy Litten to Hull KR today…

… I do hope FC sort themselves out. Like Leeds, SL needs them to be strong. 

Is Litten likely to be one of the very few sellable assets they have? He`s a quality player, big loss if true.

6 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Seen the rumour of Davy Litten to Hull KR today…

… I do hope FC sort themselves out. Like Leeds, SL needs them to be strong. 

Cousin of Jed and big mates with Mikey Lewis, so may want to play there, or possibly the cause of the rumour 

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

1 minute ago, Ant said:

How many coaches will Hull sack until they figure out that maybe it's not a coaching issue? 

Like I've said, there's definitely more to it than just coaching. But that doesn't mean it's not coaching also. 4 drubbings on the bounce and only 1 win (just) since August tells a lot.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Hull's performances have been horrific and I did think this must have been coming, and that Smith was clearly failing to have any impact on the squad.

That said, I've felt a lot more sympathy since I saw how little Hull are spending vs the 8 or 9 teams you would see as their competitors. Unless there's a way of fixing that no coach is going to be able to make them real contenders.

• Like 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

In the club statement there's a quote from Pearson saying that further restructuring of the club will happen in the coming days. I very much hope that part of that is that new investment has been secured.

17 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Hull's performances have been horrific and I did think this must have been coming, and that Smith was clearly failing to have any impact on the squad.

That said, I've felt a lot more sympathy since I saw how little Hull are spending vs the 8 or 9 teams you would see as their competitors. Unless there's a way of fixing that no coach is going to be able to make them real contenders.

Agree with this.  
They have had an excessive amount of serious injuries, some to key players.  Secondly, they missed out on signing a decent halfback.  Clifford was was very good but only for 1 year.  Nu Brown has also been signed for 1 year.   Continuity?