Paul Rowley offered contract to be new head coach at Hull FC...

• Like 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

QQ is Ritchie Mylers father in law taking over the club or will just be an investor?

Just an investor at the moment, Pearson won't be selling up anytime soon.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

14 minutes ago, DG70 said:

Would be surprised if Rowley fancies that particular gig, could see him going to Leeds however if that one becomes available.

I think it would depend on what is on offer and what changes are happening at Hull FC. Taking over a cashed up Hull FC would be an attractive gig for any coach, particularly when they've hit rock bottom and the only way is up. You'd imagine there'd be plenty of time and scope to make the necessary changes too.

A bigger version of Salford with the same financial constraints less so.

Edited by Damien
  • Like 4

Think that would be a good appointment. Hull would have to commit to at least a couple of player cycles with him though, he needs to be able to build his own squad - and has 2 years left on his Salford deal so won’t be leaving that without some belt & braces guarantees I’m sure. 

Rowley would be mad to take on Hull, they are a total mess on the field and its going to take at least 3 or 4 years to just get them settled nevermind anywhere near decent. No coach is going to be given that time and considering the logistics of him going there I just can't see it happening. He can probably hold on and get a much bigger gig than Hull over the next few months or year or so.

It's almost expected that a club in crisis will try to raid poor little Salford. If he goes no doubt he will raid the players as well.

There is a limit to my patience.

Ambition, eh? Why not Sam Allardyce or Jose Mourinho? United will loan their manager, I'm sure. 😀

Seriously, though, and I know they've had Smith in charge, I think they need somehow to find a big-hitter, though finding one who'd work alongside or under Myler would seem a difficult task. Wain?

I'm with you Red Willow. But how many times have we been through this before? If he goes, he goes and we carry on. We have lost some damned good players and a damned good coach. But we are still in or near the top six. We will rebuild yet again and carry on.

It would take something special for Paul to leave his roots in the North West. 

If he does then good luck to him but I would see a few from Salford following him as that is what normally happens. 

3 hours ago, DG70 said:

Would be surprised if Rowley fancies that particular gig, could see him going to Leeds however if that one becomes available.

I agree, Leeds could be an option in the next few weeks potentially, and I think he'd take that over Hull for a myriad of reasons. Its a spectre hanging over this move.

Hull are still a relatively attractive project though, and how much further can he take Salford?

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Hull are still a relatively attractive project though, and how much further can he take Salford?

Thats the way I see it. The Hull job is high risk high reward. He could fail miserably like so many before him, but if he finally becomes the man who gets it right at Hull he can achieve things that simply aren't going to be possible at Salford. I think if you are ambitious and have confidence in your own ability then it's still an attractive job, especially if there are assurances about investment coming in and he is being promised a good playing budget.

I'd be very happy with the appointment if it happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Willow said:

It's almost expected that a club in crisis will try to raid poor little Salford. If he goes no doubt he will raid the players as well.

There is a limit to my patience.

Guaranteed Brierley would be the first signing.