Thurs 9th May : SL : Warrington Wolves v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 8pm (Sky Sports Action)

Who will win?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

4 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Josh Thewlis is a cracking player.

He is.

Warrington just have some really good athletes - and young too.  Ashton, Thewlis, Nicholson and more.  They are so good.

• Like 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Game over. You can’t give 4 yardage penalties and 3 soft tries from a weakness in defensive structure and still expect to beat a good side. Basically gave Wire an 18 point handicap, and then started to play.

Ah well, we learn the lessons and move on to next week. 

Good tough win that, Hull KR threw plenty at us in the second half and we did OK.

• Like 5

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Warrington are getting good enough to really dislike them again.

• Haha 9

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Good tough win that, Hull KR threw plenty at us in the second half and we did OK.

Good game. Congrats to Warrington. I thought that fluffed play the ball from Hull KR killed their momentum at a time when they were on a roll.

Second half Warrington tried their best to lose that, but Hull KR were far more determined to lose.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

6 minutes ago, Padge said:

Second half Warrington tried their best to lose that, but Hull KR were far more determined to lose.

Fascinated to see if anyone agrees with that analysis, it certainly wouldn't be mine.

• Like 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

6 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Fascinated to see if anyone agrees with that analysis, it certainly wouldn't be mine.

Well there is a surprise. 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

10 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

If there’s any criticism of Wire tonight, I’d say they should have scored 2 or more trys in that first half, they were that dominant IMO

25 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

I'm with you.  A couple of mistakes and a few missed opportunities from both sides.  But that's the game and nowhere near the 'determined to lose' level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Enjoyed that. 👏

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 hour ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

Enjoyed that

Burgess seems to have instilled a bit of steel into Warrington

Really noticeable how they didn't just make the tackle but were putting their opponents on their backs.

The pressure they put on Lewis was very impressive too.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Best team won on the night. Disappointed with our discipline and defence 1st half, better second half but left us too much to do. We had chances second half but didn't take them. 

Credit to Burgess he got his team tactics spot on.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Enjoyed that. 👏

Same here, Rovers were never going to overcome an eighteen point deficit but they put up enough of a fight to keep it interesting.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Well played Wire, really good win.

I was half tempted to put my mortgage on HKR off scratch as i couldn't believe that they had 6 start, but the bookies didn't get it wrong.

Glad i didn't ! 🤪

12 hours ago, Ullman said:

Really noticeable how they didn't just make the tackle but were putting their opponents on their backs.

The pressure they put on Lewis was very impressive too.

Still did them for one though didn't he.

Disclaimer, Mikey Lewis is probably my favourite player in SL at the moment 

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

14 hours ago, Moe syszlak said:

When 2 good teams come up against each other, there is no coming back if you go 18-0 down. We found that out against catalans.

said similar when we went 18 up, see how they progress and whether we could keep them at arms length.