Film Thread (What have you been watching?)

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Watched Suicide squad 2 the other day 

Absolutely bonkers , funny as 😀

Looks like second time lucky for that franchise. They've found their style, now will they mess it up for the inevitable third movie?

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

9 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I watched Back to the Future again today, one off my all time favourite films. One thing I always think at the end of that film is, don't the parents wonder why their son looks identical to the kid that was in their school for a week in 1955 and got them together? 

Its A film 😉

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Surprised that still gets any airtime TBH

they give warnings on that channel frequently before films/programmes begin about the "attitudes of the time"

• Haha 1

did the bloke who invented the phrase "one hit wonder" invent anything else?

13 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

talking pictures freeview tonite 9.05 - rita sue and bob too

Now that actually *was* a documentary. But obviously smoothed out for cinema/TV. Anyone who knows that estate in Bradford, knows it's not remotely far fetched. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, John Drake said:

Don't Look Up, on Netflix.

Worth watching, even though some critics have panned it.

The ending surprised me.

No spoilers.

I thought it was depressingly too on the nose.  

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

12 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I thought it was depressingly too on the nose.  

Yes, I'd agree with you on that.

It gets its point over though.

• Like 1

Particularly for the generation wishing to revisit the 60’s, a film produced by and in the company of Michael Caine with his personal journey through London.  The events will have influenced many northerners, including myself!   The younger generation may like to experience time travel! 

My Generation (2017) - 80 minutes, BBC2 tonight 11pm - probably on IPlayer thereafter.

Written by Dick Clement and Ian La Frenais- the rock ‘n roll explosion inc. Beatles, The Who and the Stones; fashion,etc.

Off screen interviews with McCartney, Daltrey, (Dame)Twiggy, Marianne Faithful 😍

Hunt for the Wilderpeople - a New Zealand comedy drama about a delinquent boy and a crotchety old man avoiding the authorities in the bush on North Island. If you like the wry somewhat surrealist humour of Taika Waititi, you should enjoy this. Good performances by the leading actors (Sam Neill as the old man) and the usual bizarre cameo from Rhys Darby. And best of all, two mentions of rugby league (and one dismissive one of the All Blacks).

• Like 3

I took a couple of my grandkids to the pictures just before Christmas as they wanted to watch Spider-Man. The last Spider-Man i watched was the cartoon from the 70’s. 
I didn’t have a clue what was happening in the film, but i did manage to have a nod whilst they watched it. The kids gave it 9/10, i gave it a 2/10 but my forty winks was a 7/10. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Jeff Stein said:

It was pretty vacuous. I am not sure why anyone would think ultraviolence is so amusing

Tom and Jerry disagree with this comment. Well, Jerry does 😄

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

1 hour ago, Desert Skipper said:

Tom and Jerry disagree with this comment. Well, Jerry does 😄

Yes , and when droopy dog gets mad its hilarious 

Edited by DavidM
  • Haha 1

Just rewatched a couple of French films recently Quand j'étais chanteur, With Gérard Depardieu, and La Gloire de Mon Pere

and might move on to  Le Hussard sur le toit.