4 Oct: Super League Semi-Final: St Helens v Warrington Wolves KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/18 at 18:45

Saints have been good against pretty average opposition most of the year.

They got found out once some of the teams got injured players and form back.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t want to dampen the mood but can Warrington actually back this up with a grind-out win two weeks running?

Im very happy but I think we’ve overachieved so far in our bounce-back season...    fair play to Price, we’re not hugely exciting but we might just have the defensive resolve to sneak a cheeky grand final win against the odds... ???????????

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

1 minute ago, Southerner80 said:

After the first Wire try there was a shot of the saints players. They looked divided not a united team. It showed. 

Questions have to be asked. No Fages, no Smith. Fages must be gutted to not be in the 17.....Barba hasn't shown up in the last 2 months. Maybe they need to change the coach and half back pairing. 

No need to change the coach but they didn’t seem right. Warrington seemed more focused.

1 minute ago, GeordieSaint said:

Well done Warrington. The better side tonight; defence was magnificent showing Saints’ attack to be a one trick pony bar the odd bit of elusive running from Lomax. Disappointing end to a decent season for us. 

Dave - enjoy and well deserved! 

Well said - and bad luck. Saints have been the most consistent team this year and I thought they'd make the final. Not to be.

Saints v Warrington, a game that always delivers, this game an absolute stonka and proof that you do have to have a points-fest to have a classic RL match.

Credit to Warrington who did not panic in the second half when going 7 points behind early on. Is it just me or did they target Barba 's defence ?.

The gulf between the first placed club and the fourth placed club with the fourth placed club winning is not an injustice but a reflection that as in all sport it's not winning the majority of games that counts but winning the games that matter.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

8 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

After the first Wire try there was a shot of the saints players. They looked divided not a united team. It showed. 

Questions have to be asked. No Fages, no Smith. Fages must be gutted to not be in the 17.....Barba hasn't shown up in the last 2 months. Maybe they need to change the coach and half back pairing. 

What, after all that failure all season?

Just now, Northern Eel said:

Well said - and bad luck. Saints have been the most consistent team this year and I thought they'd make the final. Not to be.

I think most people had them as nailed on champions....i thought they would at least make the final too. I feel for the saints fans as it must be gutting, after such a great season, to go out that way. It looked like a proper choke scenario

I’m pleased most of all for Ratchford.   A loss would have sent most of the criticism his way.   Hope he has a blinder next week.

Oh, and I admire the way Tyrone Roberts refuses to celebrate at all.   I assume it’s intentional and he’s waiting to explode next week if we win ?

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Richardson desperately needs a decent halfback partner.

Couldn’t agree more.   Let him line up alongside Blake Austin at Wire next year...

13 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Have we had an “it’s a joke competition. Saints are the real champions” post yet?

I'm sure that nutter from Leeds that only posts once a year has set his alarm for Tuesday lunchtime, this might bring it forward a bit though. 

Well done Wire, top effort. 

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Archived