costa

Bradford AGAIN (Merged threads)

Just now, Lowdesert said:

Exactly, and the fact that we'll never know makes it an easy hit on Twitter.  There wsnt a big queue of rich businessmen in line and that the Administrator recommended Thorne carries no weight.  He could've gone the same way.

Aaron Bowers making a big deal of it.  Maybe he knows something which is untoward and if do should back himself and say.  

Is Bowers a Bulls fan? I saw him going off on one on twitter last night.

Edited by Dave T

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Is Bowers a Bulls fan? I saw him going off on one on twitter last night.

Dont know mate.  He roped a few into it. 

Strange world when people are guilty before being proven innocent at the click of a keyboard.

14 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

I'll stand to be shot down for this but Wood is supposed to be an accountant.  I doubt very much there is anything underhand on his part that is not common practice in all business.  It's not in his interests to be in such a public position if it's the opposite.

What's accountancy got to do with it? 

Everything to do with the Bulls has been written in red ink.  Everything has been read through rose tinted spectacles. And everything has gone down a black hole

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Well, how about the Administrator? Last time around, the Administrator, Gary Petit, highly recommended the bid from David Thorne, only for the RFL to block it (for no reason that was ever explained) and parachuted in their hand-picked man i.e Andrew Chalmers. 

Just remind me how that ended....

Fair enough Paul, but legally, do they have to?

We forget that Chalmers came along with Graham Lowe as well.  

10 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Well, how about the Administrator? Last time around, the Administrator, Gary Petit, highly recommended the bid from David Thorne, only for the RFL to block it (for no reason that was ever explained) and parachuted in their hand-picked man i.e Andrew Chalmers. 

Thorne wanted Odsal, The RFL didn't want to give it up. When it came to the crunch Thorne could have bid to start up the new club but he didn't because Odsal wasn't included. He acknowledged the RFL's right to do that and said something along the lines of 'the RFL had something to sell, we didn't want to buy it.'

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

What's accountancy got to do with it? 

Everything to do with the Bulls has been written in red ink.  Everything has been read through rose tinted spectacles. And everything has gone down a black hole

An accountant usually has to be considered if he is Chartered.  Usually, if you need anything attesting, Accountants, Doctors etc are deemed fit an proper people to do it.  Honest.

If he isn't, then an RL forum or Twitter isn't the place to broadcast.  

43 minutes ago, Dave T said:

To believe this is some kind of phenomenon that the RFL have created is a nonsense.

I do believe the RFL has probably made mistakes, but I also believe it is an organisation of people trying their best with limited resources and they should probably have stayed well away, however they would have come in for criticism there too.

This is the whole thing - I don’t believe they did their best. I think they did whatever they did for reasons we aren’t privy to. Whatever those reasons were, it hasn’t turned out well. I didn’t say they created the phenomenon of clubs going bust, But what they should have done is remain more impartial, instead of shoehorning their preferred characters in.

If then Joe Bloggs leads the club to oblivion, that’s his outlook and the governing body can not be blamed (assuming they didn’t know anything untoward beforehand)

39 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

If the RFL didnt pick those people who would've?  At the end if it all, it's the RFLs job to protect the Clubs interests.  They kept them afloat.

Dont forget, the RFL are still paying the lease at Odsal while Chalmers steps away.  The Bulls are fortunate in that they are allowed to step away without further cost imo.

All the RFL have to go on is what's down on paper, references and practicalities.  There wasn't a choice of millions, more a handful.

So they might have gone bust 4 or 5 years ago instead of now repeatedly. If it was meant to die off, let it do so without the respirator. We could be a few years along the road to a proper recovery by now. 

And you’re ignoring the point that Chalmers was their man.

41 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

You suggest the situation was down to the RFL...?

But Woods (until recently) WAS the RFL!   And now he is the IRL!!

So the RFL, thanks to its history  (ie Woods), have facilitated a shambles that has allowed Woods (and his "family"... ho ho ho) to take over the club... from a man the RFL (Woods) helped buy in the first place !

Incestuous with a capital "I".

You won’t find me disagreeing with you there. 

1 hour ago, Johnoco said:

So they might have gone bust 4 or 5 years ago instead of now repeatedly. If it was meant to die off, let it do so without the respirator. We could be a few years along the road to a proper recovery by now. 

And you’re ignoring the point that Chalmers was their man.

Not ignoring anything.

We could be anywhere but it’s wide of the mark to say the Bulls could be on the road to recovery.  It doesn’t suit the argument though.

I never trusted Chalmers.

Why should I trust Nigel Wood and the Chairman of Dewsbury?

If fans don't buy any more season tickets before 2020, you can bet your life that some more truth will be shaken out.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

3 hours ago, John Drake said:

That's not really how this stuff works though, is it.

You can't just decide to un-love something that your heart has been attached to for decades.

Owners come and owners go, as do players, as do good times and as do bad times.

I am, and always will be, a Bradford Northern/Bulls/**whatever it may be called in the future** fan. If they are playing in white, red, amber and black, they are my team, and it will always matter to me, because there is an intangible, illogical feeling that connects you to a sporting club.

I first went to watch Bradford Northern with my dad in 1981, and now he is no longer with us, but every time I see that team in those colours that he taught me to love run out onto the field, I think of him and how he used to tell me about the time he went to Wembley to watch them as a child himself, and how it broke his heart when they went bust in 1964, and how much he adored seeing his club rise to prominence again under Peter Fox and then Bullmania.

What's gone on over the past decade or so has broken my heart now, several times, and each and every crisis, every lie that has been told, just makes it hurt even more.

It has reached the stage now where I won't trust anything anyone who owns the club will say: they will have to be judged on their actions alone over the course of time.

But however angry I am at how the club has been run off the field, I am not going to take it out on the players or the coaching staff, who have been treated even worse, given the number of times they have been left waiting for paychecks or wondering if their pensions have been paid correctly, or worrying if they will have a job at all by the weekend, and in some cases over the years, who have worked for nothing to keep a team out there on the field.

We all like to dream of better times ahead for our clubs. This Bradford fan is no different. If I'm disappointed again, well, you know what, been there, done that, got the T-shirt. 

Nah, try it! ? (is the wink emoji broken?)

Bradford Bulls are like WH Smith, dare I say Rugby League may even be the equivalent of the high street.

I'll admit it might make your job trickier!

Just maybe Nigel Wood has regrets over his stint at Halifax, has learnt from his mistakes and wishes to put things right with Bradford. He’s putting skin in the game. How about we wait and see how things materialise rather than pre-judging everything. 

I know that doesn’t suit the narrative of many.

Even regardless of this, Bradford fans should be excited by the appointment of Perez, even if temporary 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, M j M said:

Wood is a hard-core Rugby League fan and whatever you think of his tenure at the RFL he isn't going to be in Bradford for the money.

If anyone can look beyond wacko conspiracy theories and fat jokes you might just be able to see a positive in it.

Going back a number of years, Bradford born Nigel Wood, (along with his family) was a big Northern/Bulls fan, and, I believe, a former season ticket holder. When you get into something as a kid it's difficult to shake off and, much as I clearly have no idea of his motives, I'd suspect they are most probably for the best. Though, as one debacle follows another, it becomes more and more difficult to be entirely enthusiastic, or trusting, about anything.

• Like 1

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

Will be interesting to see how Perez fares in all of this.....he might finally be able to fix this mess..   i know he has the support of the Parksider, who is secretly advising him on the sidelines.

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Out of interest was you at the fans forum last night? and I'm fully aware that you are not a Bulls fan, but i know you like to keep abreast of things

No. I was otherwise engaged and, before this blew up, felt that it was solely the business of Bradford Fans. Entry was limited to ticket holders, as is tonight's meeting.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

44 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Will be interesting to see how Perez fares in all of this.....he might finally be able to fix this mess..   i know he has the support of the Parksider, who is secretly advising him on the sidelines.

I just hope he knows what he's getting into.

Salford fans should be very happy they dodged this particular bullet, Wood tried to get his friends Chalmers & Lowe to buy Salford from John Wilkinson a few years back. 

1 hour ago, Bulliac said:

Going back a number of years, Bradford born Nigel Wood, (along with his family) was a big Northern/Bulls fan, and, I believe, a former season ticket holder. When you get into something as a kid it's difficult to shake off and, much as I clearly have no idea of his motives, I'd suspect they are most probably for the best. Though, as one debacle follows another, it becomes more and more difficult to be entirely enthusiastic, or trusting, about anything.

This hardly helps.  Mr Woods, who you say is an avowed Bulls fan is the same Mr Woods who was also chief executive  of the RFL.  This is the same RFL which has heavily involved itself in issues relating to the Bulls. These issues which have ended in a shambles.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JonM said:

I just hope he knows what he's getting into.

Salford fans should be very happy they dodged this particular bullet, Wood tried to get his friends Chalmers & Lowe to buy Salford from John Wilkinson a few years back. 

Both were involved at the start of the Koukash era, they advised Noble and Harris as coach. That whole era was a mess.

4 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

Given that the club went into liquidation what input would an administrator have in responding to a bid to form a brand new company with no ties whatsoever to that which was being liquidated?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Well I'm still hanging in there. Another admin/liquidation and probably not. For one there may not be many more Bradford based companies that'll support us!

My theory is Perez friends with Argyle (money). Plus he set up a club from nowt (yes I know with money), got 8000 fans going to a new and alien sport/club and got them in SL with a few years.

Wood no!

Edited by Mumby Magic

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

3 hours ago, hindle xiii said:

Nah, try it! ? (is the wink emoji broken?)

Bradford Bulls are like WH Smith, dare I say Rugby League may even be the equivalent of the high street.

I'll admit it might make your job trickier!

I am that rare beast on here, in that I actually enjoy watching Rugby League ... and yes, even Bradford Bulls ... as a form of entertainment. ?‍♂️

36 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I am that rare beast on here, in that I actually enjoy watching Rugby League ... and yes, even Bradford Bulls ... as a form of entertainment. ?‍♂️

Indeed.  You are also not alone. And what’s now adding to that entertainment is the highly amusing cranking up of the haters.   

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

56 minutes ago, John Drake said:

To pinch a slogan:

When the fun stops, stop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2