costa

Bradford AGAIN (Merged threads)

6 hours ago, fairfolly said:

Blues Ox, 

Read his statement this morning in the T&A. Then believe it or do not.You will get the answers to most of your questions there.

He is not interested in the truth if it does not fit into his theories.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

OK FF, I hadn't seen this quote previously. Why anyone would actually waive a debt rather than leaving it with a pledge not to call it in baffles me, but prety well everything assocaited with this saga baffles me, so nothing new there then.

For information MS doesn't do social media etc.

Although in reply to Matthew Shaw asking: How big is the creditors’ bill? Mark Sawyer said:

"It’s substantial. The main creditor is Andrew Chalmers and he has given an undertaking that his bill will not be pursued and we have no right to pursue it."

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep

29 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Johnny, Quote from Andrew Chalmers statement ,

" it is also the reason I have WAIVED monies owed to me and provided sponsorship to the club".

Once again you can believe it or not, .He also states he can not believe why people believe everything on Twitter and on the Rugby League Forum is fact when it is nowhere near fact. Now I would like to read where it has been reported that Mark Sawyer has claimed that Bradford will get £300000 from the R.F.L. next season or has that come from twitter. 

23 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

OK FF, I hadn't seen this quote previously. Why anyone would actually waive a debt rather than leaving it with a pledge not to call it in baffles me, but prety well everything assocaited with this saga baffles me, so nothing new there then.

For information MS doesn't do social media etc.

My understanding was that he had left the debt with a pledge not to call it in. I’m sure in one of the news conferences that was mentioned 

Johnny, Mark Sawyer is obviously a pretty "savvy " guy then if he does not do social media. I am however with you on why he would waive a six figure sum unless of course he has plenty of money. But there again why would you believe him when posters on here say he has not.

3 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

From the piece in the T & A it mentions somethig about sponsorship so maybe he has wiped it out in exchange for free sponsorship. I doubt that would be allowed to happen but it would raise more questions if it did.

What questions would it raise? Tetleys did a similar thing with Leeds in the 1990s.

4 minutes ago, M j M said:

What questions would it raise? Tetleys did a similar thing with Leeds in the 1990s.

How much is the debt getting wrote off? Or what is sponsorship deal actually worth? If I were a Bradford fan I would want to know exactly what AC was getting his free sponsorship for especially when he has good friends involved in the takeover.

One for Blues Ox.

Matthew Shaw,

Q. Is it true the club has received advancements on next seasons central funding and if so how much?

Mark Sawyer.

A. No.

You need to stop digging, that hole you are in is getting deeper,another couple of weeks you will be in Australia.

3 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Its his English comprehension that needs testing since my post clearly referred to 1st team budget.

I also notice that it's been reported that MS has stated that the Bulls will get ca£300k central funding next year. That doesn't sound right since before the restructure 5th only got about £250k and amounts have supposedly gone down?

my understanding was that following the re-structure the amount going to the top 4 was reducing and amounts going to positions below 4th increasing slightly with smaller gap between each position. Under previous structure there was a big difference between 4th and 5th with IIRC 4th getting approx. 400-450k. so 300k for 5th may not be too far off the mark.

13 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

One for Blues Ox.

Matthew Shaw,

Q. Is it true the club has received advancements on next seasons central funding and if so how much?

Mark Sawyer.

A. No.

You need to stop digging, that hole you are in is getting deeper,another couple of weeks you will be in Australia.

They paid Halifax with an advancement of this years funds. I believe other people have said they have used future funds though.

41 minutes ago, matt newsholme said:

my understanding was that following the re-structure the amount going to the top 4 was reducing and amounts going to positions below 4th increasing slightly with smaller gap between each position. Under previous structure there was a big difference between 4th and 5th with IIRC 4th getting approx. 400-450k. so 300k for 5th may not be too far off the mark.

Except Bradford finished 6th....... and the word coming out of most clubs is the amounts they will (all) receive have fallen due to the RFL losing (admin) money form the SLE split. This is the first time I've seen any club suggest the amount has increased.

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep

26 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

You don't see people bothering to count 567 words on here either!

How do you know it wasn't a guess? 😉 

The accounts don't bother me one way or the other. I never trusted Andrew Chalmers from the day he turned up out of nowhere and I don't trust him now. Neither do I trust Nigel Wood or the Rugby League. if the RFL is going to mothball Odsal, how is anybody going to save money next season. The gates will be down at Dewsbury and the RFL will get nothing in rent for Odsal and, presumably, the stadium will become even more dilapidated.

I definitely don't trust the council. It's just long-leased the former University playing fields complex at Woodhall to a soccer club and built two new secondary schools without a playing field between them. It's shut the sports centre opposite Odsal and is looking to sell the land for commercial development. Will it use the money to upgrade Odsal or throw Odsal into any sale agreement?

Now people are saying we'll get thousands more than previously expected next season from the RFL. Why would any landlord pay additional sums to a tenant that had walked out of its facility?

Last week there were two forums for Bulls fans. Following the Wednesday one, five players left for Hull KR. I wasn't at the forum but was this sale mentioned at it? These deals can't have been signed sealed & delivered in a couple of hours on Thursday morning.

Posters are saying that not all the shares are in the hands of Wood and Sawyer. Who has the (allegedly) very large remainder? Is it Andrew Chalmers? Gareth Roberts? The RFL? Bradford Council?

Another thing I can't understand is why Rhys Evans has re-signed. He's too good for a relegation-zone championship team and he must have been offered a competetive salary elsewhere. Has he gone part-time?

As usual, we fans are expected to take everything on trust. I'm not paying the club a penny till after Christmas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

36 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

The accounts don't bother me one way or the other. I never trusted Andrew Chalmers from the day he turned up out of nowhere and I don't trust him now. Neither do I trust Nigel Wood or the Rugby League. if the RFL is going to mothball Odsal, how is anybody going to save money next season. The gates will be down at Dewsbury and the RFL will get nothing in rent for Odsal and, presumably, the stadium will become even more dilapidated.

I definitely don't trust the council. It's just long-leased the former University playing fields complex at Woodhall to a soccer club and built two new secondary schools without a playing field between them. It's shut the sports centre opposite Odsal and is looking to sell the land for commercial development. Will it use the money to upgrade Odsal or throw Odsal into any sale agreement?

Now people are saying we'll get thousands more than previously expected next season from the RFL. Why would any landlord pay additional sums to a tenant that had walked out of its facility?

Last week there were two forums for Bulls fans. Following the Wednesday one, five players left for Hull KR. I wasn't at the forum but was this sale mentioned at it? These deals can't have been signed sealed & delivered in a couple of hours on Thursday morning.

Posters are saying that not all the shares are in the hands of Wood and Sawyer. Who has the (allegedly) very large remainder? Is it Andrew Chalmers? Gareth Roberts? The RFL? Bradford Council?

Another thing I can't understand is why Rhys Evans has re-signed. He's too good for a relegation-zone championship team and he must have been offered a competetive salary elsewhere. Has he gone part-time?

As usual, we fans are expected to take everything on trust. I'm not paying the club a penny till after Christmas.

As I posted earlier the possibly 'missing' shares are likely to still belong to the original shareholder: The Orcas Rugby League Ltd - if that report is correct, although MG says that it is wrong. He has also commented that MS has said 3 different things in 3 different interviews!?! Anyway the 'new' shareholding and changes of company Officers should be registered with Co House before long.......as well as the latest accounts.

People are saying, posters are saying, M.G. is saying, must be true then.Still waiting to hear which club has suggested the amount has increased.Amazingly the Dewsbury supporters are saying Mark Sawyer is a man of integrity but somebody says he has made three different statements,must be true then if somebody said it.What amazes me is why Les Tonks is so interested in what is happening at Bradford. If you are a Bradford supporter I could understand you being inquisitive but you clearly are not so why are you bothered or are you just a trouble causer who likes to wind people up.Get yourself a hobby man you will be a lot happier.

49 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

People are saying, posters are saying, M.G. is saying, must be true then.Still waiting to hear which club has suggested the amount has increased.Amazingly the Dewsbury supporters are saying Mark Sawyer is a man of integrity but somebody says he has made three different statements,must be true then if somebody said it.What amazes me is why Les Tonks is so interested in what is happening at Bradford. If you are a Bradford supporter I could understand you being inquisitive but you clearly are not so why are you bothered or are you just a trouble causer who likes to wind people up.Get yourself a hobby man you will be a lot happier.

Mark Sawyer has been nothing but straightforward and honest at Dewsbury for the last 16/17 years. I would trust him above any comments posted on forums or made in the media.

• Like 1

On 25/10/2019 at 12:53, Konkrete said:

£100k is not substantial, it's absolute peanuts for the quality - and you'd know that if you knew the players.  Plus you've already got Ethan Ryan and, crucially, John Bastian.  This is shameless raiding once again with the opportunity delivered by incompetent owner number 5 approved by the RFL as a safe pair of hands just two years ago.  It's just like the last time and the time before and the time before that.

We have the uncomfortable prospect of playing against some of these players if they DR with Dewsbury.  A club owned by now a significant decision making person at (was going to say Odsal) Bradford where we will also be playing our matches. What happens if it's the last game of the season and Dewsbury have to play us to see who stays up?

Honestly what is the point any more?

Deal with it

4 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Mark Sawyer has been nothing but straightforward and honest at Dewsbury for the last 16/17 years. I would trust him above any comments posted on forums or made in the media.

Seems to be a lot of people coming out of the woodwork. Integrity is one thing, deceptiveness another.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

As I posted earlier the possibly 'missing' shares are likely to still belong to the original shareholder: The Orcas Rugby League Ltd - if that report is correct, although MG says that it is wrong. He has also commented that MS has said 3 different things in 3 different interviews!?! Anyway the 'new' shareholding and changes of company Officers should be registered with Co House before long.......as well as the latest accounts.

Once done the changes happen pretty much the next day at companies house. Im sure I read it somwhere that the "takeover" had been completed but it might just be something else we have got wrong?

Reading posts by a certain poster on the Bradford fans site you would say that person either has too much time on his hands or knows something else is about to go down and given the level of detail he is able to go in to  it certainly suggests the latter.