costa

Bradford AGAIN (Merged threads)

12 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

The club have said tonight in League Express the total creditors amount is 350k, Chalmers has written off amounts owed to him. To compare Halifax's figure is 310k.

To be fair the club also said they were not in special measures and that the RFL own Odsal. Their track record of telling the truth si not that great to be fair.

• Like 2

On 10/11/2019 at 23:15, Rupert Prince said:

The RL Express article suggest a massive anger with the RLF and it's previous/ current owners.

That article reads to me as Martyn Sadler trying to backtrack on his previous statements. Unfortunately the "demands" that he places upon the RFL are quite ridiculous, so he gives himself a get out by suggesting that they will probably ignore hime, hence it will all be their fault. Not the most rigorous journalistic approach, in my opinion.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

My understanding was that the lottery was a different company, ie at arms' length from the actual club management. IF that was true, I'm puzzled as to how a change in club ownership (and new company) actually effects the lottery and the lottery management.

• Like 1

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

1 hour ago, Bulliac said:

My understanding was that the lottery was a different company, ie at arms' length from the actual club management. IF that was true, I'm puzzled as to how a change in club ownership (and new company) actually effects the lottery and the lottery management.

My understanding as well. Which is how various administrators & chairmen of the club couldn't access the lottery accounts, because they didn't belong to the club.

2 hours ago, Bulliac said:

I'd assume that the Bulls have received money/funding from the lottery over the years and if the money is deemed to have been obtained 'illegally'.....

On 15/11/2019 at 16:43, fairfolly said:

I would assume that the outside Company running the Lottery were the ones who should have made sure they had a licence to run a Lottery.

Someone would be the designated 'promoter' and, as such that name should be on the tickets/lottery promotion material. I don't think,it was ever an 'outside company', as such, more an internal division but with different directors and bank accounts. I notice the money for the current version is going into a Bullbuilder account.

Edited by Bulliac

1 hour ago, Bulliac said:

Someone would be the designated 'promoter' and, as such that name should be on the tickets/lottery promotion material. I don't think,it was ever an 'outside company', as such, more an internal division but with different directors and bank accounts. I notice the money for the current version is going into a Bullbuilder account.

Yes, if I were the person named as the promoter I'd be seriously worried as there are potentially jail term punishments for operating and/or promoting an unregistered lottery.

image.thumb.jpeg.2c21d39851f455c986c8f932b9a7a7aa.jpeg

10 hours ago, The Future is League said:

I will be just so happy when this Bradford saga is sorted out and we can talk about Bradford Bulls playing Rugby League again.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

9 hours ago, Bulliac said:

Yeah, it does seem like that sometimes BSJ -  Sisyphus re-visited! 😟

Was that on Ummagumma?

• Like 1

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left

9 hours ago, Bulliac said:

Go on - you'll have to indulge me on that one......

https://genius.com/albums/Pink-floyd/Ummagumma

Track 5 on CD, Side 3 track 1 on vinyl.

• Thanks 1

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

No tears to cry no feelings left

Christ, I'm depressed enough about the Bulls ... without anyone reminding me about the most pompous turgid progrock band that ever needed a good kick in the knackers.

• Haha 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

13 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Christ, I'm depressed enough about the Bulls ... without anyone reminding me about the most pompous turgid progrock band that ever needed a good kick in the knackers.

To be fair, they were out standing musicians but counting out the time to see where it changed from 11/8 time to  16/7 was never really my idea of listening to music.

On 20/11/2019 at 21:19, Wolford6 said:

But unlike the Bulls they were talented, very good at what they do, and made lots of money. No doubt you prefer The Great RL Swindle by the Pistols.