Total Rugby League Fans Forum
costa

Bradford AGAIN (Merged threads)

16 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

I honestly think that's what happens, certainly in my experience of the Bulls

People come in with all sorts of good intentions to run 'a tight ship' and to manage the club on sound business principles. Then they get carried away, want to enjoy popularity with the fanbase, and start to make stupid decisions driven by those delusions rather than the sound business principles that they initially had. Given that most of them don't have money to burn in the first place (or at least not at the mega-bucks level), it soon starts to go belly up.

What amazes me is that the next guy comes along and makes exactly the same mistakes, having started by espousing the exact same good intentions!

agreed last year bulls took two players from FEV 

player A had an offer of 1 from FEV but told bulls offer was 2  with ongoing talks bulls offered him more than 2 so he signed 

player B had an offer of 0 from FEV but told bulls offer was 1 with ongoing talks bulls offered him more than 1 so he signed 

so in theory bulls signed two players for 3 who were only worth 1 to FEV 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, POR said:

agreed last year bulls took two players from FEV 

player A had an offer of 1 from FEV but told bulls offer was 2  with ongoing talks bulls offered him more than 2 so he signed 

player B had an offer of 0 from FEV but told bulls offer was 1 with ongoing talks bulls offered him more than 1 so he signed 

so in theory bulls signed two players for 3 who were only worth 1 to FEV 

If you are short in certain positions a player will be worth more than if you have a surfeit.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

18 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Seriously ? , I'd suggest the complete opposite , most club owners don't have a clue , they are like many businessmen past ( like myself ) and present , over confident on the back of making a few quid quite often by being in the right place at the right time , then believing they are ' real ' businessmen and cannot fail to run a simple sports club , 99% of genuine businesspeople wouldn't consider going anywhere near a sports club , when I told my accountant he replied " are you stark raving mad " apparently yes I was 😁

That just proves my point, though.

Clubs should be run by business people who know what they are doing.

Many aren't, and we see the results of that.

Instead of running a tight ship, they start to spend money the business cannot support chasing unsustainable success.

If we haven't learned that lesson by now from the Bradford experience, will we ever?

Quite honestly, as a Bradford fan, I'd have been happier watching my team in League 1 for the next 10 years or more if that's all the support base could fund, than watching them gamble their very existence (yet again) on a tilt at being top dogs in the Championship.

The problem arises in that not every fan would agree with me on that, and would start demanding new signings to get back in with the big boys, and the club management would try to please the fans and the whole cycle then begins to repeat itself.

I don't want 'fans' running the club, because their decisions will inevitably end up being clouded by sentimentality.

The only way Bradford (Bulls, Northern, call it whatever you like) will return to a position of prominence is if, one day, someone will large amounts of spare cash decides to spend it on the club. Despite repeated opportunities, no one like that has come forward.

Until that day arrives, if it ever does which I doubt it ever will, whoever ends up running it now, should work out a realistic, sustainable budget and stick to it like glue, whatever that entails in terms of on field performances.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, fairfolly said:

...Now, after I returned to read about Rugby League, what was one of the first posts I read, a straight forward question from Gavin, Whatever happened to Jamie Foster? To be then followed by the player being judged on his hairstyle, how childish.

But he's now a hairdresser...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bulliac said:

If you are short in certain positions a player will be worth more than if you have a surfeit.

I agree  but with all due respect one was a hooker  and another a second row positions you had in abundance    hallas and flanagan were two hookers on your books at the time  but  maybe just maybe paying more than the going rate  was the clubs  strategy they used for all their signings  at that time

but  FEV can't complain you sent us chizzy 😁

On 15/10/2019 at 22:44, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

I'm so glad that I never gave a penny to this club when the begging bowl came out, I've given to plenty of others but Bradford always seemed to be a case of run by wrong uns, it's just rinse and repeat!

If all of that is true it yet again proves the RFL are not fit for purpose and Bradford/those in charge should never be allowed back into the game from any of the ashes of what is left of the current club, they are a joke, ruining people's lives and a disgrace to the sport

The sport won't miss Bradford, certainly not when it's made the financials of the RFL and by definition the rest of the sport poorer just money wise alone. Let it die and pay off the people who are owed!

What a sanctimonious post!

You cant tell me oldham didn't benefit from a load of bradford fans turning up at that dump you play at?

To say the sport wont miss bradford is an absolute joke. The bradford fans has supplemented a lot of income since relegation for teams. Anyone who can't see that is deluded.

Do you honestly think if the club died anyone would get paid anything???

On 15/10/2019 at 22:44, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

I'm so glad that I never gave a penny to this club when the begging bowl came out, I've given to plenty of others but Bradford always seemed to be a case of run by wrong uns, it's just rinse and repeat!

If all of that is true it yet again proves the RFL are not fit for purpose and Bradford/those in charge should never be allowed back into the game from any of the ashes of what is left of the current club, they are a joke, ruining people's lives and a disgrace to the sport

The sport won't miss Bradford, certainly not when it's made the financials of the RFL and by definition the rest of the sport poorer just money wise alone. Let it die and pay off the people who are owed!

Duplicate post

Edited by thepimp007

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

They didn't. It is a self-perpetuating urban myth.

We know you have your finger on pulse with what's happening at Bradford at the moment due too your Dewsbury contacts, now you must know more than most on here whats going on at Bradford. Care to divulge something factual that most of us are not aware of?

16 minutes ago, thepimp007 said:

What a sanctimonious post!

You cant tell me oldham didn't benefit from a load of bradford fans turning up at that dump you play at?

To say the sport wont miss bradford is an absolute joke. The bradford fans has supplemented a lot of income since relegation for teams. Anyone who can't see that is deluded.

Do you honestly think if the club died anyone would get paid anything???

with regards to Oldham that's complete whataboutery, the thread is about Bradford.

why is it a joke that the sport wouldn't miss Bradford? Teams come and go over the history of the sport, SL hasn't missed Bradford and the CH nor league 1 wouldn't miss them if they disappeared either.

The sport won't miss a club that has proven time and again to be sponging off people who thought they were helping when they should have just let the club die before it created yet more debt and misery, and leaving many people with monies owed ... AGAIN! Not to mention the RFL having to take over the ground which has taken money away from the sport as a whole, we won't miss that continual BS.

Do you honestly think that allowing this joke of a club to continue won't create even more debt, more people left out of pocket and more carp that has devastating effects on people's lives which it has proven to do so for some years already??

I KNOW it will continue because the people involved aren't up to muster (the evidence is clear on that), even when you were top dogs you didn't invest in your ground, weren't operating in a sustainable way for the future, again proven, not opinion.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Hahahaha go on then tell us why not. Chalmers even put an article out telling how he was approached.

Nice try

What makes me laugh is there is supposed to be interest in some of your youngsters from super league and that that would raise some revenue. There will be a clause in their contract that they will be allowed to go for free or maybe a friendly against their reserves

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

6 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

with regards to Oldham that's complete whataboutery, the thread is about Bradford.

why is it a joke that the sport wouldn't miss Bradford? Teams come and go over the history of the sport, SL hasn't missed Bradford and the CH nor league 1 wouldn't miss them if they disappeared either.

The sport won't miss a club that has proven time and again to be sponging off people who thought they were helping when they should have just let the club die before it created yet more debt and misery, and leaving many people with monies owed ... AGAIN! Not to mention the RFL having to take over the ground which has taken money away from the sport as a whole, we won't miss that continual BS.

Do you honestly think that allowing this joke of a club to continue won't create even more debt, more people left out of pocket and more carp that has devastating effects on people's lives which it has proven to do so for some years already??

I KNOW it will continue because the people involved aren't up to muster (the evidence is clear on that), even when you were top dogs you didn't invest in your ground, weren't operating in a sustainable way for the future, again proven, not opinion.

Wont be missed from the championship?

Answer me this then, when the club was liquidated as per the RFL rules were the current club made to start in the championship on minus 12 points as opposed to like every 'new' club in league one with a clean slate?

Reason being is most chairmen in the championship will have caused uproar after budgeting from a windfall from the bulls fans. Also the RFL protecting their precious summer bash again milking the bradford fans!

Also regards the ground the had nothing to do. They decided to take on the lease and thus can suffer the consequence of their actions.

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I'll quote Andrew Chalmers own words

it was an interesting challenge which saw me serve as a director with the club until 2017, when once again the RFL came knocking. This time Ralph Rimmer, the fixer for the RFL, asked if I would consider being involved in the Bradford Bulls.

The source is the Telegraph & Argus, dated August 30th 2019.

Now maybe he was lying. Who knows? But you'll need to come up with evidence before we're going to believe it's an 'urban myth'

10 minutes ago, thepimp007 said:

Wont be missed from the championship?

Answer me this then, when the club was liquidated as per the RFL rules were the current club made to start in the championship on minus 12 points as opposed to like every 'new' club in league one with a clean slate?

Reason being is most chairmen in the championship will have caused uproar after budgeting from a windfall from the bulls fans. Also the RFL protecting their precious summer bash again milking the bradford fans!

Also regards the ground the had nothing to do. They decided to take on the lease and thus can suffer the consequence of their actions.

Maybe you could list every (other) club that didn't finish in a relegation spot that has gone bust, reformed as a new company and has had to start off in the bottom league?

Oh, and the RFL rules do not mention anything regarding the new club starting off in the lowest league only that they will usually get a maximum 12 points penalty.

If a Club does incur an Insolvency Event, then the Board of the Rugby Football League has the right to terminate that Club’s Membership of the Rugby Football League and grant Membership to another entity on such terms as it sees fit. The Board’s Insolvency Policy sets out how it will usually exercise its discretion and states that one of the conditions imposed on any new Member will, save in specified cases, be a sporting sanction of a 12-point deduction. This sends a clear message to Clubs of the unacceptability of Insolvency Events.

You may want to look up the full Insolvency Policy of which the above is a summary.......

1 hour ago, thepimp007 said:

Hahahaha go on then tell us why not. Chalmers even put an article out telling how he was approached.

Nice try

Haha. Cant believe there are Bradford fans that believe anything Chalmers said. The amount of half truths, he has come out with over the past couple of years, is exactly why Bradford are where they are!

46 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Haha. Cant believe there are Bradford fans that believe anything Chalmers said. The amount of half truths, he has come out with over the past couple of years, is exactly why Bradford are where they are!

Bradford Bulls fans were told Chalmers was a fit and proper person to own the club by the RFL which allowed him to buy it.

The RFL must have believed what he told them.

46 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

As I said above, perhaps he made it up. I doubt we'll ever really know.

All I would say is:

1. Why would a bloke who lived in New Zealand, with no money to speak of, fly half way around the world to take on a basket-case of a club that had already bankrupted it's previous owner? And then pretend that he was asked to do so by the RFL - which, I hasten to add, they've never denied. It makes no sense by any normal standard of logic

2. Why did the RFL choose Andrew Chalmers when we know that the Administrator strongly recommended that the RFL accepted the rival bid from David Thorne?

There's a lot to this that we don't know, and probably will never know.

17 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

As I said above, perhaps he made it up. I doubt we'll ever really know.

All I would say is:

1. Why would a bloke who lived in New Zealand, with no money to speak of, fly half way around the world to take on a basket-case of a club that had already bankrupted it's previous owner? And then pretend that he was asked to do so by the RFL - which, I hasten to add, they've never denied. It makes no sense by any normal standard of logic

2. Why did the RFL choose Andrew Chalmers when we know that the Administrator strongly recommended that the RFL accepted the rival bid from David Thorne?

There's a lot to this that we don't know, and probably will never know.

He is another Nigel Wood-Full of Spin, Denials & Blaming others!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

He is another Nigel Wood-Full of Spin, Denials & Blaming others!

Maybe he is

But I still can't get my head around why he'd bother in the first place? He must be out of the pocket from the whole shenanigans. Unless he's suffering from an advanced version of Narcissistic Personality Disorder - which, for all I know, he might be

Very odd

1 hour ago, paulwalker71 said:

Maybe he is

But I still can't get my head around why he'd bother in the first place? He must be out of the pocket from the whole shenanigans. Unless he's suffering from an advanced version of Narcissistic Personality Disorder - which, for all I know, he might be

Very odd

That’s if he is out of pocket of course

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, The Future is League said:

We know you have your finger on pulse with what's happening at Bradford at the moment due too your Dewsbury contacts, now you must know more than most on here whats going on at Bradford. Care to divulge something factual that most of us are not aware of?

If someone could provide any "facts" regarding their oft-repeated claims about RFL manipulation then I might be able to respond. Otherwise they continue to be urban myths, nothing more.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

7 hours ago, thepimp007 said:

Nice try

Hmmm, have you read and believed all of his articles?

• Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

9 hours ago, John Drake said:

That just proves my point, though.

Clubs should be run by business people who know what they are doing.

Many aren't, and we see the results of that.

Instead of running a tight ship, they start to spend money the business cannot support chasing unsustainable success.

If we haven't learned that lesson by now from the Bradford experience, will we ever?

Quite honestly, as a Bradford fan, I'd have been happier watching my team in League 1 for the next 10 years or more if that's all the support base could fund, than watching them gamble their very existence (yet again) on a tilt at being top dogs in the Championship.

The problem arises in that not every fan would agree with me on that, and would start demanding new signings to get back in with the big boys, and the club management would try to please the fans and the whole cycle then begins to repeat itself.

I don't want 'fans' running the club, because their decisions will inevitably end up being clouded by sentimentality.

The only way Bradford (Bulls, Northern, call it whatever you like) will return to a position of prominence is if, one day, someone will large amounts of spare cash decides to spend it on the club. Despite repeated opportunities, no one like that has come forward.

Until that day arrives, if it ever does which I doubt it ever will, whoever ends up running it now, should work out a realistic, sustainable budget and stick to it like glue, whatever that entails in terms of on field performances.

😁, Yes John they should , but as I put , that type of person isn't going to put up with the potential abuse and aggravation for what exactly ? , They want to make money out of their time , not work like a dog for no chance of any return 

So you get what you get , the frustrated player or coach ( who sometimes still believes they know best 😉 ) , local lad made good , sometimes deserved , sometimes not , or a group of the above , some more committed than others which quite often spells disaster 

What do the ( nearly did it again there ) , Bradford need right now ? , I'd say the council to find 20 million they've clerically lost down the sofa and build an LSV on the Richard Dunne site 

4 hours ago, John Drake said:

Bradford Bulls fans were told Chalmers was a fit and proper person to own the club by the RFL which allowed him to buy it.

The RFL must have believed what he told them.

A lot of people did John, many of whom are still waiting to get paid.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

What do the ( nearly did it again there ) , Bradford need right now ? , I'd say the council to find 20 million they've clerically lost down the sofa and build an LSV on the Richard Dunne site 

That is just not going to happen.

Whatever way forward is being proposed now, it has to be realistic and achievable.