costa

Bradford AGAIN (Merged threads)

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

A lot of people did John, many of whom are still waiting to get paid.

The only way any of them are going to get paid now is if the new owners salvage the existing club and honour its debts.

That's what should happen.

Those urging that it should be wound up, binned off, scrapped, shut down and all the rest, are showing no more concern for its current creditors than the people who ran up the debts in the first place.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, John Drake said:

The only way any of them are going to get paid now is if the new owners salvage the existing club and honour its debts.

Those urging that it should be wound up, binned off, scrapped, shut down and all the rest, are showing no more concern for its current creditors than the people who ran up the debts in the first place.

Many businesses do what you’ve mentioned in your last paragraph. While not the most morally correct thing to do, it happens all the time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Many businesses do what you’ve mentioned in your last paragraph. While not the most morally correct thing to do, it happens all the time. 

I know, but call me old fashioned, I'd like to see a time when the club I'm following is no longer regarded as a rogue trader, leaving a string of unpaid debts in its wake.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Rowan Milnes and Matthew Storton put up for sale; James Green, Ethan Ryan, Mattie Wildie, Jake Webster, Matt Garside and Ross Peltier  gone. We are now reportedly down to 12 senior players on contract.The new consortium won't make a positive takeover till Andrew Chalmers produces the current accounts. He's apparently out of the country.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/17978138.bradford-bulls-buy-out-bid-waiting-accounts/

The club is a shambles. We've been here before but, this time, I fear the worst.

Merry Christmas, Mr Chalmers.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

42 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Rowan Milnes and Matthew Storton put up for sale; James Green, Ethan Ryan, Mattie Wildie, Jake Webster, Matt Garside and Ross Peltier  gone. We are now reportedly down to 12 senior players on contract.The new consortium won't make a positive takeover till Andrew Chalmers produces the current accounts. He's apparently out of the country.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/17978138.bradford-bulls-buy-out-bid-waiting-accounts/

The club is a shambles. We've been here before but, this time, I fear the worst.

Merry Christmas, Mr Chalmers.

2 More to leave if, as expected, Bradford lose their appeal over their contract terminations.

Its still hard to fathom why somebody would want to "buy" the Bulls in their current state.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, John Drake said:

And what will be the outcome of doing that, create MORE debt, more people out of pocket, ruin more lives, the Bradford club have in essence become a Ponzi scheme, get people to put money in to pay existing debtors and give the impression that everything will be fine when ALL the evidence has proven that it won't be and more people will be worse off ... but at least the original debtors will be paid🙄

Why can the existing debt not be paid by those that created the debt or people owed monies make claims directly against the previous owners/directors?

Edited by Denton Rovers RLFC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

2 More to leave if, as expected, Bradford lose their appeal over their contract terminations.

Its still hard to fathom why somebody would want to "buy" the Bulls in their current state.

I'm just assuming the word 'buy' is a way of saying 'take over the club with existing debts'

49 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

I'm just assuming the word 'buy' is a way of saying 'take over the club with existing debts'

Given that it appears there will be few players left and an iffy stadium situation the debts are all that's left. Even the club's proud name is pretty much gone now.

• Like 1

More questions than answers on the Chalmers and the RFL link. 

The RFL need to come clean and answer some questions.

1. Did the RFL ask Chalmers to take over at Bradford?

2. Is Chalmers just a front man for a person or person and if so why and who is the person or persons?

If no to both the above questions why was Chalmers allowed to take over at Bradford?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

feel weird that i'm not worried so long as debts are paid. I know people cant wait for money but think peltier has messed up there...………..

How come?

14 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

Yeah its all very strange, why would someone want to take over a club that is losing money plus already has massive debts over its head. There has to be something else that people are missing.

• Like 2

How come?

How come?

With regards to Peltier? He did a piece about a week and a bit ago saying he's hanging tight as he loves the Bulls, he is a fan favourite, easily a good championship player and I know personally Halifax would have had him in a breath. No offence to Donny but surely a step down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

17 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

And what will be the outcome of doing that, create MORE debt, more people out of pocket, ruin more lives, the Bradford club have in essence become a Ponzi scheme, get people to put money in to pay existing debtors and give the impression that everything will be fine when ALL the evidence has proven that it won't be and more people will be worse off ... but at least the original debtors will be paid🙄

Why can the existing debt not be paid by those that created the debt or people owed monies make claims directly against the previous owners/directors?

It is a limited company, which means that provided that it has been run legally the limit of liability of the owners is the amount of share capital that has been put in. That is how all limited companies operate.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Mumby Magic said:

With regards to Peltier? He did a piece about a week and a bit ago saying he's hanging tight as he loves the Bulls, he is a fan favourite, easily a good championship player and I know personally Halifax would have had him in a breath. No offence to Donny but surely a step down.

Maybe he likes to get paid every month?

• Like 5

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Maybe he likes to get paid every month?

Is this the same lad who when he signed for them was quoted as saying that he would have played for them for free? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

It is a limited company, which means that provided that it has been run legally the limit of liability of the owners is the amount of share capital that has been put in. That is how all limited companies operate.

Has the club been run legally? Continuing to create more debt, not paying those owed monies knowing full well there's no money to pay the debts and yet keep going creating an even bigger problem that affects more and more people and then shrugging shoulders, how is that remotely legal?

Just disgusting, as I've said a few times, the club should just die and the Bradford Northern/Bulls name cling on to whatever's left instead of making the memories of a once great club all about how they shafted hundreds of people leaving some of them out of pocket by thousands and shafted the fans and the sport of RL.

Just go away and die, have some respect for the sport ffs!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Players say things like that.

• Haha 1

On 17/10/2019 at 21:34, John Drake said:

I know, but call me old fashioned, I'd like to see a time when the club I'm following is no longer regarded as a rogue trader, leaving a string of unpaid debts in its wake.

Whilst I morally agree, what I can not fathom is how any business would not expect payment up front when dealing with a business that has the recent history of the Bradford club.  Surely no business has allowed large amounts of non payment or credit to build up - I scratch my head if a business has.

Edited by redjonn
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, redjonn said:

Whilst I morally agree, what I can not fathom is how any business would not expect payment up front when dealing with a business that has the recent history of the Bradford club.  Surely no business has allowed large amounts of non payment or credit to build up - I scratch my head if a business has.

Reading stuff elsewhere, it sounds as though some stung before (may) have been stung again...........

26 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

You know that circumstances can change, don’t you?

Clearly 'I would play for nothing' was more a figure of speech, a sign of his obvious passion for the club - rather than a definite offer! 

Even a club as dysfunctional as ours wouldn't expect people to play for nothing!

Ross has just become a dad, so I'm sure the finances matter more now than ever. Good luck to him - he's always given 100% for our club.

• Like 1