Jump to content

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, BryanC said:

Fantastic though, how this virus has totally eradicated cancer, heart disease and virtually all other fatal conditions.

mXTVqHk.jpg

  • Haha 2

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bobbruce said:

So if it’s all a hoax what exactly does virtually every government in the world gain by spending billions and trillions dealing with it. 

No, it's not a hoax. When did I say it was a hoax?

The "statistics" (and I use that word as loosely as it's possible to use it) are being engineered to show the "correct" outcome.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

mXTVqHk.jpg

Very good.

Now I'll let you get back to your pearl-clutching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BryanC said:

No, it's not a hoax. When did I say it was a hoax?

The "statistics" (and I use that word as loosely as it's possible to use it) are being engineered to show the "correct" outcome.

Again for what purpose that would justify what it’s costing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Channel,4 reporter demands transparency on SAGE. panel points out that minutes are in the public domain.

They are not, and they won't be for a while yet.  The current policy is to publish them after the epidemic.  


With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BryanC said:

No, it's not a hoax. When did I say it was a hoax?

The "statistics" (and I use that word as loosely as it's possible to use it) are being engineered to show the "correct" outcome.

So there are no more deaths than usual?


With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BryanC said:

No, it's not a hoax. When did I say it was a hoax?

The "statistics" (and I use that word as loosely as it's possible to use it) are being engineered to show the "correct" outcome.

We can agree then that currently the govt are significantly under reporting the total number of deaths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pen-Y-Bont Crusader said:

We can agree then that currently the govt are significantly under reporting the total number of deaths.

I think he is saying the opposite.  That other 'normal' deaths are being counted as covid to bump up the numbers to make it look worse that it is.

 


With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The figure is encouraging today.

Where I work we are being proactive, writing to people about how not to spread the virus so it is good to see a reduction. 

It might only be due to weekend figures, we don't know. However it feels better to go into work on a Monday with a positive attitude. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Niels said:

The figure is encouraging today.

Where I work we are being proactive, writing to people about how not to spread the virus so it is good to see a reduction. 

It might only be due to weekend figures, we don't know. However it feels better to go into work on a Monday with a positive attitude. 

I tried to be optimistic on a Sunday a few weeks ago. By Tuesday the optimism was gone. We're a couple of weeks behind Spain and Italy with a less restrictive lockdown. If we get to May 7th and it's below 250 in the midweek numbers and the total deaths from all causes are falling towards their usual level at the beginning of May then there could be some easing.

  • Like 1

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BryanC said:

Sorry to burst your little bubble Bob, but sadly you ARE all being lied to. 

(I was speaking to an acquaintance in the cadaver trade on Friday).

I'm sure it will all become public knowledge once the current censorship and suppression measures have become a thing of the past.

Joseph Goebbels would have been proud.

I am glad you are so on top of things. You are always very welcome here when you need someone to talk to ?


"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems some other visits to A&E are returning to normal levels. 

 

  • Like 1

Please view my photos.

 

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

 

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

 

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Niels said:

The figure is encouraging today.

Where I work we are being proactive, writing to people about how not to spread the virus so it is good to see a reduction. 

It might only be due to weekend figures, we don't know. However it feels better to go into work on a Monday with a positive attitude. 

I think, though I may be wrong, that this Sunday's figures are lower than previous Sundays?  And overall, each day's figures do appear to be lower than the same day of previous weeks.  It's hard to tell exactly where we are given that these are reported figures rather than actual deaths on the day but even with that difficulty, the charts at the press conference show a steady decline.

Obviously things will change when the ONS reports.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BryanC said:

Fantastic though, how this virus has totally eradicated cancer, heart disease and virtually all other fatal conditions.

Gullible doesn't even begin to cover it.

As an expert in the area, how do deaths with co-morbidities usually get reported? What if you have say have terminal lung cancer but then suffer a brain haemorrhage? Or suffer a fatality in a rta? Is cancer the primary cause of death in such circumstances? 


Please view my photos.

 

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

 

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

 

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Quite enjoying the ‘lockdown’ to be honest.  Spending quality time at home with the family. The pace of life is significantly better and simpler. 

I have to agree. I had a very well paid job, I said had it was in the Licencing trade and I really can’t see it being there once this is over. Our landlords are trying to push through a rent review that would see it double.  A little short sighted give retail space will hardly be hard to find.  We have very loyal and young customers so could open in a cow shed and still be successful my boss is old and might not want the hassle of starting all over again.  That said I’m not sure I’d like to go back and put in the same hours.

my wife can’t see herself wanting to squeeze herself on to a busy tram each morning for her daily commute and enjoys being home at a reasonable time to enjoy a good home cooked meal. She’s luck enough that the option to work from home is available one she is more than ready for. 

could we be looking at real opportunity to change life as we know it?    Allowing people to find a better life balance.   I think the financial repercussions in the aftermath of this pandemic could force us into a four day week. 

or I could just be trying to find the silver lining.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bobbruce said:

Again for what purpose that would justify what it’s costing. 

A few selected comments from the MSM regarding the current deification of the NHS:-

It is clear from many of these comments that people are getting sick - no pun tended - and tired of this fiasco. I just want to know why the BBC now report death as being WITH the coronavirus and not FROM the coronavirus. I suppose it gives them plausible denial when the difficult questions start being asked.

The BBC very cleverly use linguistics to twist issues and confuse the public. Their use of the word “migrant” at the start of the Brexit campaign was astoundingly effective in drumming up defensive outrage. They killed any possibility of adult debate on the matter of immigration.

There's not really a crisis though. There's just a lot of lies.

The present deification of NHS workers has had a political motivation from the start. Stand by for massive pay claims and other vehicles for pouring even more money into the health service.

The death of Princess Diana sparked a very strange phenomena in our psyche, a type of mass hysteria of public outpouring, which has continued ever since, orchestrated by politicians and the media!

The thursday evening charade has morphed into people trying to outdo each other and attract attention by making as much noise as possible and to be seen doing so.

 

Completely agree. And now all routine appointments have been cancelled there must be hoards of NHS staff sitting around with little to do. They're not all on Corvid wards.

We seem to be entering a new mindset now where nothing can be allowed to criticize the saintly NHS. 

I could go on at length, but can't be bothered. Suffice to say, it's not just me who isn't accepting the lies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, BryanC said:

A few selected comments from the MSM regarding the current deification of the NHS:-

It is clear from many of these comments that people are getting sick - no pun tended - and tired of this fiasco. I just want to know why the BBC now report death as being WITH the coronavirus and not FROM the coronavirus. I suppose it gives them plausible denial when the difficult questions start being asked.

The BBC very cleverly use linguistics to twist issues and confuse the public. Their use of the word “migrant” at the start of the Brexit campaign was astoundingly effective in drumming up defensive outrage. They killed any possibility of adult debate on the matter of immigration.

There's not really a crisis though. There's just a lot of lies.

The present deification of NHS workers has had a political motivation from the start. Stand by for massive pay claims and other vehicles for pouring even more money into the health service.

The death of Princess Diana sparked a very strange phenomena in our psyche, a type of mass hysteria of public outpouring, which has continued ever since, orchestrated by politicians and the media!

The thursday evening charade has morphed into people trying to outdo each other and attract attention by making as much noise as possible and to be seen doing so.

 

Completely agree. And now all routine appointments have been cancelled there must be hoards of NHS staff sitting around with little to do. They're not all on Corvid wards.

We seem to be entering a new mindset now where nothing can be allowed to criticize the saintly NHS. 

I could go on at length, but can't be bothered. Suffice to say, it's not just me who isn't accepting the lies.

I just want to be clear that I'm following this because I'm not sure who is saying what. Is this how the above pans out?:

The BBC, who used the word migrant to skew the Brexit debate on immigration (presumably successfully, hence why we left the EU?), are now running a campaign to deify the NHS (which involves the creation of fake data and the Conservative government pursuing a policy of economic shutdown?) so that there will be more money poured into the NHS.


Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another post moved.

Fed up of this, you all know how it works by now so, AT MY DISCRETION, I will simply delete political posts rather than take the annoying process of moving them to the politics thread. Deleting posts is two clicks, moving them is substantially harder, not sure why I should keep having to put the effort in to counter some people now quite deliberately posting political stuff here.

  • Like 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm now armed to the teeth with decent PPE. Cocked and ready to fire.....

I'm way too daft to live forever.....

Time to rock n roll....

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worrying news:

NHS doctors have been warned to look out for a rare but dangerous reaction in children that may be linked to coronavirus infection.

An urgent alert sent out to GPs said that intensive care departments in London and other parts of the UK have been treating severely sick children with unusual symptoms.

This includes "multi-system inflammation" with flu-like symptoms.

Some, but not all, tested positive for coronavirus.

It is unclear how many children have been diagnosed with the new syndrome, although the numbers will be low.

The alert, which was issued to GPs in North London by their clinical commissioning group, said there was "a growing concern" that a coronavirus-related inflammatory syndrome is emerging in children in the UK or that there may be another, as yet unidentified, infection linked to these cases.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52439005

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Damien said:

Worrying news:

NHS doctors have been warned to look out for a rare but dangerous reaction in children that may be linked to coronavirus infection.

An urgent alert sent out to GPs said that intensive care departments in London and other parts of the UK have been treating severely sick children with unusual symptoms.

This includes "multi-system inflammation" with flu-like symptoms.

Some, but not all, tested positive for coronavirus.

It is unclear how many children have been diagnosed with the new syndrome, although the numbers will be low.

The alert, which was issued to GPs in North London by their clinical commissioning group, said there was "a growing concern" that a coronavirus-related inflammatory syndrome is emerging in children in the UK or that there may be another, as yet unidentified, infection linked to these cases.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52439005

That would be a game changer although at the moment the numbers are too low to make any real judgment. 

Our child had stomach pains at weekend and we did see a doctor but fortunately it was just a bug. 

But I think even though the chances are low, when its your child with symptoms it's very worrying. 

The overall figures are down again today which is good news.

Edited by Niels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Niels said:

That would be a game changer although at the moment the numbers are too low to make any real judgment. 

Our child had stomach pains at weekend and we did see a doctor but fortunately it was just a bug. 

But I think even though the chances are low, when its your child with symptoms it's very worrying. 

The overall figures are down again today which is good news.

Don't get your hopes up too much. As pointed out before, Sunday and Monday's figures have been significantly lower than trend every week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Damien said:

Worrying news:

NHS doctors have been warned to look out for a rare but dangerous reaction in children that may be linked to coronavirus infection.

An urgent alert sent out to GPs said that intensive care departments in London and other parts of the UK have been treating severely sick children with unusual symptoms.

This includes "multi-system inflammation" with flu-like symptoms.

Some, but not all, tested positive for coronavirus.

It is unclear how many children have been diagnosed with the new syndrome, although the numbers will be low.

The alert, which was issued to GPs in North London by their clinical commissioning group, said there was "a growing concern" that a coronavirus-related inflammatory syndrome is emerging in children in the UK or that there may be another, as yet unidentified, infection linked to these cases.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52439005

This should never have been released to the public in this way and the person who initially leaked it to the HSJ (Health Service Journal) really should be ashamed. It was an advisory note to GPs to tell them to be cautious about something that's not evidenced but is suspected. It could genuinely be coincidence given the VERY small numbers (<5 at last count). It's such an untested and unproven issue that it's limited to the one corner of London who sent out the caution note.

The idea of such notes is to allow medical professionals to make better decisions and be aware of risks. It most certainly isn't something that the public should be presented through journalists in this manner as all it does is generate fear with the blunt clinical language without the context of what it means for patients.

  • Like 2

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...