RMBJ

Israel Folau (Merged threads)

BBC article

In an email obtained by the BBC, Neil Hudgell wrote to the Dragons to put them "on notice" if his club suffered "financial loss" due to the signing of Folau.

He said: "I reserve my position to take proceedings v Catalans Dragons."

Edited by RMBJ

In other news. Hudgell is a lawyer.

Trebles all round for m' learned friends.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RL does what Sky says said:

Has he ever offered to repay clubs for the amount they have paid out for other high-quality players who have then attracted more supporters to his ground when they have played there ?

Did he campaign for TWP to be given their 1/12th share of the Sky money?

• Like 7

Ridiculous posturing . What if loads more pile in to watch him play at Hull KR!

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1

He seems to like the sound of his own voice. He should be enjoying the first win of the season instead of just fanning the flames regarding the Folau situation.

• Like 1

Of course before people just start moaning at Hull KR, according to the article,.....

---------------------------------------

Several other clubs subsequently told the Dragons they supported Hudgell's stance and would also consider legal action for damages.

It is also understood some believe they were not sufficiently consulted before the highly controversial signing was announced.

According to one senior club source, "nearly all" the Super League clubs have now endorsed Hudgell's threat.

-----------------------------------

7 minutes ago, Ooh Ah Timmy Street said:

Kind of understand his point though to some extent ..... the signing could put off potential sponsors to a sport he is associated with 

But previous signings of other players also might have attracted sponsors .... would he give some of his money back to them ? I doubt it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RL does what Sky says said:

It is also understood some believe they were not sufficiently consulted before the highly controversial signing was announced.

Not sure I get that bit . Why should they be ? There’s been some controversial signings in SL , do all the other clubs get consulted ? 

• Like 8

Just now, RL does what Sky says said:

Of course before people just start moaning at Hull KR, according to the article,.....

---------------------------------------

Several other clubs subsequently told the Dragons they supported Hudgell's stance and would also consider legal action for damages.

According to one senior club source, "nearly all" the Super League clubs have now endorsed Hudgell's threat.

-----------------------------------

Shambles really.  While I'm not a fan of the signing, it's not like he was banned from the sport.  This is kinda crazy, and unless legitimate significant damages can be proven would be frivolous.

I hope Folau scores a few against kr when they play next.

• Like 4

Yeh whatever your view on this signing  one could argue that there’s a certain element of hypocrisy here from some clubs if they’re so concerned with a controversial signing and the potential look on the image of SL

• Like 1

As I said on the original thread, it's just utterly ludicrous that Superleague doesn't have the power to block a signing in the name of protecting the brand of the competition. Folau's legal position is irrelevant, no player is entitled to a contract, and all signings should be at the discretion of the league. Pretty much every other major sports league has this power. The fact that SL doesn't shows what a weak organisation it is. A strong league commissioner must be the way forwards. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

didn't take him five minutes to sign tomkins who wigan had sacked. stirring things up like this is not helping the rugby league let it lie i say.

• Like 9

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time

It doesn't seem that long ago since they only fined Ben Cockayne for racist Twitter comments. Pretty sure Hudgell was in charge at the time

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Moove said:

It doesn't seem that long ago since they only fined Ben Cockayne for racist Twitter comments. Pretty sure Hudgell was in charge at the time

People remember what they like to. I'm no supporter of Folau, but the same owner is happy to employ him in a senior role, and the RFL allowed him a testimonial! 

You hope when people dig further into things, they don't discover that, or actual convictions other Super League players have picked up along the way.

Edited by RigbyLuger
  • Like 2