Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

1 minute ago, David Shepherd said:

Hardly anyone does that these days. You never see people at the ticket booth.  Looking at the number of 'fax fans in the away stand, I'd say 56 was pretty accurate.

Fair play

Makes the derbies and away fans arguments look pretty ### then. It is up to the home side now to build up support and interest. As someone who went to POR a lot as a kid, that core was only about 2.5k even in the top division (and internationals in the side). This is really encouraging and shows that investing in stuff behind the scenes can make a real difference.

10 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Can Leigh only sing & chant when there is large numbers of away fans in attendance ?

No , but quite often that's how it is , I'm sure it's the same at other clubs , I've seen the same at Wigan and Leeds 

The crowd against Widnes on Monday wasn't much different , but the atmosphere totally different 

Edited by GUBRATS

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Do you know if that’s a normal crowd for St Gaudens? I imagine it’s a fair slog there from Albi. 

Well they are 0 from 10 now so it probably is, lively bunch though. Just over 100 miles from Albi so a 2 hour drive, not too bad.

St Gaudens could be a bit more professional with their revenue, they had a kiosk selling drinks but no food, not even chocolate or crisps. The guys on the gate wandered over to watch the game after 10 minutes and left it wide open so people were just wandering in without paying.

Good day trip from Toulouse though, lunch in the town beforehand with a backdrop of the Pyrenees followed by an entertaining game.

Lezignan v Villeneuve next Sunday, after the Cats v Wigan game on Saturday.

Edited by Whippet13
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, meast said:

I know that feeling, it's been like that at Huddersfield the last few times we've played Leigh 😅

Even though we've been well beaten , we've still not been silent 😉

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Scubby said:

Harsh.

But I'd imagine as many Fax fans as they liked could have rocked up on the day and just pay at the turnstiles? 

But they didn't - believe me. Paltry and their support at home last week against us was poor too. There must have been at least as many Fev fans as Fax fans at their place. 

12 hours ago, Chris22 said:

Over 10,00 at Cas today (with 2,500 from Hull) and 5,700 at Huddersfield.

5 hours ago, Josef K said:

Brilliant. 

Is it brilliant? I’d say it’s ok and encouraging but needs to be the norm not the exception. If Leeds got an attendance like that it’d be labelled as poor. All Super League clubs need to be held to the same standard imo. Credit to Hull for bringing so many away fans.

32 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Is it brilliant? I’d say it’s ok and encouraging but needs to be the norm not the exception. If Leeds got an attendance like that it’d be labelled as poor. All Super League clubs need to be held to the same standard imo. Credit to Hull for bringing so many away fans.

What standard do you mean, all SL clubs should be expected to reduce their average attendance by over 25% in the next four years? 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

What standard do you mean, all SL clubs should be expected to reduce their average attendance by over 25% in the next four years? 

No the standard that getting 10k attendances should be a regular occurrence, especially when there are 3k away fans. Getting 7k home fans isn’t something to have a big song and dance about imo. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

It’s decent for the Championship but would be a shocking attendance for a Super League club 

Which league was it played in?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

No the standard that getting 10k attendances should be a regular occurrence, especially when there are 3k away fans. Getting 7k home fans isn’t something to have a big song and dance about imo. 

Representing a city of 700k people rather than a town of 40k helps too. 

31 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

It’s decent for the Championship but would be a shocking attendance for a Super League club 

Leeds Rhino's attendances are fairly good for a SL club , shocking for a premier League club 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Representing a city of 700k people rather than a town of 40k helps too. 

Your right of course but then one could say their are a lot more other attractions/events to spend your money in a bigger City - the competition for where to spend is greater.

As I say your point is well made and its a good banter but their is a wider picture to also consider.

Key for me is the growth. Seems to me Castleford should be applauded. Leeds could do better in general but they have a tremendous corporate/hospitality segment which should be applauded.