Attendances (Multiple Merged Threads)

23 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

The ground looked ~empty at both ends again. The cheap side looked 1/4 full. I couldn't see the expensive seats on the camera side but I did see them for the Huddersfield game and there they looked 1/4 full. It would surprise me if that side had 3k in this time.

I watched this from my settee.

I'm not accusing TO of lying.

I don't have an alternative attendance to give you.

I simply struggle to visualise 4887 in there. I struggled to visualise 5k in there last time. 

So you are not accusing them of lying but are stating that they are not telling the truth?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, daz39 said:

If it adds any weight to any argument, we went to Toulouse for the opening game and those who were there all said there is no way there's over 5,000 in that ground, if there was half of them were in the toilets at the same time.

Thats an entirely different situation, thats people in the ground rather than some bloke on his sofa who`s never been to the ground before watching telly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 27/02/2022 at 08:03, Archie Gordon said:

Sadly, judging from the highlights, the 4887 at Toulouse once again looks dubious. 

That seems to indicate that you think they are not telling the truth even though you don’t think they are lying

Re. TO crowds.

Go to https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stade_Ernest-Wallon and take a look at the pics of the crowd for the Huddersfield game. There are pics of the two sideline stands (behind the goals were ~empty).

If you think there are ~5k in there, you have a very different opinion to me, that's all. That really is all I'm saying.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Thought you would be a League Express man Eddie you tight wad 😄 They are all in there usually

😀. They don’t sell it in the shops in Norfolk sadly, otherwise I would have got a copy. 

10 minutes ago, Eddie said:

😀. They don’t sell it in the shops in Norfolk sadly, otherwise I would have got a copy. 

Old school, think it is available from 9.30pm on a Sunday night digitally

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, AB Knight said:

1221 at York vs Newcastle today.

With the game live on YouTube, tickets at full price (albeit with a free cinema ticket), a small (but loyal) away support and York probably putting in their worst half of rugby last week for many a year I thought today would’ve been 600-700 so a very good attendance all round. 

Shows what York's real low base is now.  Great progress in a few years. I do hope York can sneak through and get one of the big six at home in the cup. 

London move to a perfect stadium with a chance to grow a new fanbase and decide thats the year to gut the squad to League 1 . We all saw it coming sadly. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Shows what York's real low base is now.  Great progress in a few years. I do hope York can sneak through and get one of the big six at home in the cup. 

London move to a perfect stadium with a chance to grow a new fanbase and decide thats the year to gut the squad to League 1 . We all saw it coming sadly. 

While I accept your obsession with York (and Newcastle), 1,200 isn’t a SL low base, or anywhere near it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Eddie said:

While I accept your obsession with York (and Newcastle), 1,200 isn’t a SL low base, or anywhere near it.

That wasn’t what was being claimed

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

Anyone know any of the cup attendances, other than York and London? 

Batley v Navy   1271

Doncaster v Whitehaven. Not given

Halifax v Fev.   1625

Hunslet Club Parkside v Sheffield   450

London v Bradford   551

North Wales v Hunslet   452

Rochdale v Barrow    Not given

Workington v Dewsbury    Not given

York v Newcastle   1221

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I was saying it within the wider context of Shropshire Bull frequently saying York should be given a place in SL. 

The c500 increase in base support over the last few years is a good effort and shows that they are doing something right

1 hour ago, LeeF said:

The c500 increase in base support over the last few years is a good effort and shows that they are doing something right

Absolutely. Once they can treble it they’ll be on a par with Salford and can start to think about being a well supported SL team. 

2 hours ago, johnh1 said:

Batley v Navy   1271

Doncaster v Whitehaven. Not given

Halifax v Fev.   1625

Hunslet Club Parkside v Sheffield   450

London v Bradford   551

North Wales v Hunslet   452

Rochdale v Barrow    Not given

Workington v Dewsbury    Not given

York v Newcastle   1221

There would have been less than a thousand at Fax if Fev fans weren't included. In fact I would say that over half were Fev fans. Really poor turn out that from Fax. What a shame for them.

6 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

It’s nothing amazing but it shows an upward trend. If York can average 2500 this season which I don’t think is impossible then the good work continues although on and off the pitch the club are a long way from being ready for SL, in my opinion.

I just think 80% of the clubs usual home support turning up for a full price all pay cup game is good, I don’t know of any figures but I’m guessing a lot of SL clubs have a lower percentage turning up. 

2021 Average - Unknown, very few crowds given.

2019 Average 2025

2018 Average 1692

2017 Average 1088

2016 Average 592

2015 Average 428

2014 Average 628

2013 Average 735

• Like 6

3 hours ago, AB Knight said:

It’s nothing amazing but it shows an upward trend. If York can average 2500 this season which I don’t think is impossible then the good work continues although on and off the pitch the club are a long way from being ready for SL, in my opinion.

I just think 80% of the clubs usual home support turning up for a full price all pay cup game is good, I don’t know of any figures but I’m guessing a lot of SL clubs have a lower percentage turning up. 

2021 Average - Unknown, very few crowds given.

2019 Average 2025

2018 Average 1692

2017 Average 1088

2016 Average 592

2015 Average 428

2014 Average 628

2013 Average 735

600 to 2000 in four seasons is pretty amazing.  Low base fine but feels like a critical mass.  

I dont think York are a long way off.  A full and hopefully competitive season where York get to fully exploit new stadium should have them up there with Fev (if Fev dont go up) in seasons to come.