Sun 17th Jul: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v Wakefield Trinity KO 15:00

Who will win?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/07/22 at 14:30

Rovers back in possession, 10m out from their own line, less than a minute to go.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Game over

Rovers 15 Wakey 10.

• Like 1

Terrible first half from Rovers, incredibly disorganised, much better in the 2nd though especially given playing busted with limited interchange, but still making too many unforced errors. Coote certainly hasn’t been value for money recently. Good game smarts from Hall and others in the final minutes.

We needed that win today.

Really can’t see where Wakey’s next win can come from now though - if they can’t beat this busted KR side they can’t beat anyone else 

• Like 2

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Just now, MZH said:

Are Wakefield now favourites to go down? They can't seem to get anything going whereas Toulouse seem to be getting better week on week.

It would be a shame for them and for the competition, they have a spanking new ground to look forward to filling and they've been pretty competitive and challenging for honours for a few years now.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, meast said:

It would be a shame for them and for the competition, they have a spanking new ground to look forward to filling and they've been pretty competitive and challenging for honours for a few years now.

How have Wakefield been competitive in the past few years? Which honours did they challenge for, I must've missed it. 

4 minutes ago, MZH said:

Are Wakefield now favourites to go down? They can't seem to get anything going whereas Toulouse seem to be getting better week on week.

Still a long way to go. They’ve beat Warrington and Hull in recent times. They’ve also been in this position before. Favourites are still Toulouse but momentum is leaning towards TO to survive… win their next two home games and I’ll think Wakefield are gone.

20 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Really can’t see where Wakey’s next win can come from now though - if they can’t beat this busted KR side they can’t beat anyone else 

Then along came Hull FC..,

• Haha 2

I don’t like to see any club get relegated (in RL, in football there are loads who I’d like to see relegated), but if I had to pick one it’s Wakey, they are the dictionary definition of bottom feeders, I’d rather see Leigh or Fev in SL. 

37 minutes ago, MZH said:

They are home to Saints next Sunday while Toulouse are home to the Red Devils.

If  Wakey can pull a surprise win then the relegation battle is far from over as Toulouse won't beat the Red Devils after the Red Devils pasted the Catalans

Edited by The Future is League

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I don’t like to see any club get relegated (in RL, in football there are loads who I’d like to see relegated), but if I had to pick one it’s Wakey, they are the dictionary definition of bottom feeders, I’d rather see Leigh or Fev in SL. 

But who will you want to see go down next season ?

2 hours ago, The Future is League said:

If  Wakey can pull a surprise win then the relegation battle is far from over as Toulouse won't beat the Red Devils after the Red Devils pasted the Catalans

I wouldn’t write Wakey off in that game - I get the impression saints went for it for three weeks against the rest of the top4 but are giving players some time off and wouldn’t be surprised if we either rest a few or turn up with a Toulouse away part I style attitude.

3 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Didn't Salford win well 2 weeks ago and then got pasted last week? 

4 hours ago, meast said:

I will have a pint of what you're on cheers 🍻

For the 4th week running Rovers had a key forward out of the game inside the first 10 minutes. Captain SKD not long after with a nasty throat injury which had him sent to hospital.

Rovers were shorn of several key players and seemed to be running on empty in the first half and were a little lucky to be only 0-4 at HT.

Second half a different story and at 14-4 it seemed just a matter of how many. Rovers invited Wakey back into the game with a silly DG and subsequent concede a try from a short kick off. Ended up a cliff-hanger but Rovers hung on.

Rovers have a very good team for 2023 so let's just get this year out of the way safely.