Sun 31 Jul: SL: Salford Red Devils v St Helens KO 15:00

Who will win?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/07/22 at 14:30

Not at the game but from radio commentary and fan comments, it seems that we were simply outclassed by a side who put in a near perfect performance.

With the exception of our win against Huddersfield at home (where we were outstanding), we have had a few shaky performances in recent weeks. Combine that with a facing a tricky away match against a side in red hot form and this did have the potential to happen.

Credit must go to Salford especially given how many injuries they have. Interesting as all the top 4 look a little shaky at present and Leeds and Salford are doing so well.

Whether this because the top 4 look secure and the likes of Salford need the wins, I'm not sure. Could be an expensive day for us with Grace hobbling off too.

• Like 3

Fantastic result. Well done Salford.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

As good a performance as I've seen from Salford in a long time, particularly down their left hand side. Tim Lafai turned Konrad Hurrell inside out so many times, the Saints staff had to use a corkscrew to get Konrad off the field at the end.

Whisper it, but I'm starting to think that the people who predicted that Salford would finish bottom of Super League just might have got it wrong.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well what a game, Salford dominated all aspects of the game with the only fit 17 we have left. 18th man needed jabs to make the possible players.

Salford have 10 on the injury list, Burke looks to be joining them.

Some great tries. Grace injury looked bad just went down no one near him.

Ref seemed to want Saints to get the 2nd try, he just kept giving them the ball then sin binned Elijah. I don't care though !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

Joe Burgess is making a huge claim for an England wing spot. He looks in the form of his life.

Yep. Got to be front runner - so must Watkins…both hit form - big form at right end of the season

24 minutes ago, Hammerless Nail said:

As good a performance as I've seen from Salford in a long time, particularly down their left hand side. Tim Lafai turned Konrad Hurrell inside out so many times, the Saints staff had to use a corkscrew to get Konrad off the field at the end.

Whisper it, but I'm starting to think that the people who predicted that Salford would finish bottom of Super League just might have got it wrong.

No minerals…..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

We just got beaten by a better team, you’d be better off worrying about the chip on your shoulder.

No chips on my shoulders pal why should there be.There are those on this forum who will come up with excuses though and give no credit to Salford,maybe not you. 

• Like 2

This could be a great result for the teams who still have to play St.Helens or the worst possible one. On the one hand it shows they are beatable but on the other it might be the kick up the backside they need and to make sure this doesn’t happen again. Well done to Salford and credit to the St. Helens fans on this forum for accepting the defeat gracefully.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Has anyone heard what John Wilkin has to say about this result? I suppose we Salford fans really need to thank him for his ridiculous comments. But it would be nice to hear him say that he was wrong.

i would prefer never to hear from him ever again

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Pie tries said:

No minerals…..

8 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Has anyone heard what John Wilkin has to say about this result? I suppose we Salford fans really need to thank him for his ridiculous comments. But it would be nice to hear him say that he was wrong.

I sometimes wonder if "experts" like Jon Wilkin are told by the production staff to say something daft and controversial, or whether 'daft and controversial' is just a default setting for him 

Either way, the summarisers that Channel 4 have come up with - Kevin Brown, Sam Tomkins, etc. - offer far more insight than he does.

3 hours ago, Pete Grady said:

So glad Watson went to Fartown, this is wonderful attacking play!    Paul Rowley in his prime with a good club, we're onto a winner here, 'hope Wayne Bennett doesn't take a fancy!!

I have been telling everyone on this site for a good while that Paul Rowley is the best offensive coach we have, it was no confidence that the Salford up lift in fortunes after Watson had been there for a good while coincided with Paul joining the coaching staff at Salford.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Don't hold yer breath!