Brad Dwyer to Hull FC?

According to the Dull Daily Wail.

Couldn't help but notice him attempt to endear himself to the Hull FC fans last night...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

10 minutes ago, M j M said:

You wouldn't want him as your regular starting hooker but coming off the bench he can be amazing in changing the course of a game.

(Or he can be terrible. It depends.)

He'll spell with Houghton I imagine.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

We had him on dual reg at Fev a couple of years ago we had to take him off as he equalled the club tries in a match record which stood at 6.I think he would be fine in any SL team.

Sounds like he deserved to be pulled off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

He would offer us more than we are currently getting. His pace for starters.

Edited by jacksy
  • Like 1

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

21 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

According to the Dull Daily Wail.

Couldn't help but notice him attempt to endear himself to the Hull FC fans last night...

I was cheering him on before I even knew he'd signed.

I also enjoyed the welcome his teammate Liam Sutcliffe received.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

18 hours ago, jacksy said:

He would offer us more than we are currently getting. His pace for starters.

We've absolutely murdered around the ruck by players like Levi and Leeming this year.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

He adds decent impact from the bench and has a good running game, but he struggles controlling games and his distribution isn’t great, it’s been the case since I watched him at Warrington. He’d go ok as a bench hooker alongside a controlling hooker, but I wouldn’t want him as my starting 9.

• Like 3

He is limited. I don't think he makes the best decisions at times and his distribution could be better. But he will add a bit of pace and dynamism from dummy half that has been really lacking, and he could be a big threat on the back of the likes of Satae, Sao and Savelio busting holes and playing it quick. It would be a good signing. I wouldn't want him as an 80 minute hooker though. Hopefully in a season or two Balmforth will be at the level where he can spell with him.

• Like 1

He has actually been better at Leeds than I thought he would be when he left us. Has moments where he can really change a game but wouldn't re-sign him.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

As with most teams they have and need two hookers for a game, one coming off the bench and for sure Dwyer is an excellent option to bring on. Especially against a tiring middle.

He plays fast and as a result is attacking the line before fully set, breaks the line regularly and is alert to off loads. His passing is OK but sometimes can be wayward. If you want someone to change the dynamic of a game he is an excellent change hooker.

I think he is a good player to have.

I am a little surprised Leeds are letting him go but I guess with O'Connor coming on this year so well and Leeming plus managing the salary cap to bring in some forward/props its a case of what they need more.

Edited by redjonn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, redjonn said:

As with most teams they have and need two hookers for a game, one coming off the bench and for sure Dwyer is an excellent option to bring on. Especially against a tiring middle.

He plays fast and as a result is attacking the line before fully set, breaks the line regularly and is alert to off loads. His passing is OK but sometimes can be wayward. If you want someone to change the dynamic of a game he is an excellent change hooker.

I think he is a good player to have.

I am a little surprised Leeds are letting him go but I guess with O'Connor coming on this year so well and Leeming plus managing the salary cap to bring in some forward/props its a case of what they need more.

Plus Corey Johnson, who is seen as the long term number 9 at Headingley.

• Like 1

Brad can be great but he can also be a bit of a liability.

classic example in last weeks game, we’d been dire all second half with no field position we got down their end in prime position to either drop a goal or apply some real pressure, Dwyer at dummy half throws the ball to Austins feet.

Hes s great character and gives his all but it’s time for him to move on I think.

15 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Brad can be great but he can also be a bit of a liability.

classic example in last weeks game, we’d been dire all second half with no field position we got down their end in prime position to either drop a goal or apply some real pressure, Dwyer at dummy half throws the ball to Austins feet.

Hes s great character and gives his all but it’s time for him to move on I think.

yep, it was a poor pass.  As you brought this up their was a similar situation later:

Sezzer sat in position clearly expecting to go for a drop goal on last tackle but O'Connor I think (not sure) close to line went to get over line to the frustration of Sezzer and some other players.

At a Q&A the other day that situation was asked about. Austin answered that it was his decision not to go for the drop goal and for other player to take last tackle as in his opinion it was the better option rather than taking risk if missed drop goal Warrington would have 7 tackle. That given the yards they were making it was a bigger risk than starting defending close to line on six tackles.

Thought it was a reasonable insight as I for one thought drop goal at the time but considering how Warrington were bursting forward and making loads of yards maybe the right call was to start defence from line.

Guess comes down to confidence of dropping goal.

Edited by redjonn