Sat 3rd Sept: SL: Hull FC v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 15:00

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/22 at 14:30

Aside from local bragging rights there is absolutely nowt riding on this as two teams who have suffered with injuries and lack of form look towards the end of season so they can regroup and rebuild for 2023.

So it must have been nice for Wigan and Saints to pretend theirs was the biggest derby last Friday.

• Like 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

With neither team having enough players to name full first team squads recently, I did wonder how on earth the reserve team derby scheduled for Friday night could go ahead but Rovers have answered that question by conceding the fixture.

Or to put it more realistically, the reserve team game will now take place on Saturday at the MKM with a 3pm kick off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

3 hours ago, Chris22 said:

Hull KR running with 16 players on Saturday. Would hope some kind of emergency loan deals can be done.

This piece on the Hull Daily Mail website suggests that they have players they could register for the game but the implications for the salary cap prevent them from doing so.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/hull-kr-injury-signing-transfers-7533544

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

2 hours ago, Ullman said:

This piece on the Hull Daily Mail website suggests that they have players they could register for the game but the implications for the salary cap prevent them from doing so.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/hull-kr-injury-signing-transfers-7533544

Only the top 25 earners count on the salary cap so it's nothing to do with that.

RFL banning Sims for the final game of his career and insisting on 2 games for Jez Litten that hasn't helped.

2 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

Only the top 25 earners count on the salary cap so it's nothing to do with that.

RFL banning Sims for the final game of his career and insisting on 2 games for Jez Litten that hasn't helped.

That begs the question, why not register the players mentioned in the article?

2 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

Or both Sims and Litten commiting fouls that are worthy of bans has contributed to the amateurish naming of only 16 players

• Like 4

Regardless of injuries and suspensions it's embarrassing that a top flight team can't name 17 players. Surely there's someone from the academy who can be registered to sit on the bench. He doesn't even need to actually play.

• Like 2

On 30/08/2022 at 20:07, Old Frightful said:

Aside from local bragging rights there is absolutely nowt riding on this as two teams who have suffered with injuries and lack of form look towards the end of season so they can regroup and rebuild for 2023.

If Wakefield beat Shudds it's possible for them to leap above the loser in the League Table.  Points difference permitting.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

14 hours ago, Ullman said:

That begs the question, why not register the players mentioned in the article?

Rovers clearly could name a 17 or 18 if necessary, but a few factors weigh against doing so >

- Any junior players outside our top 40 who haven't already been fast-tracked are part-time at best and certainly aren't physically ready for Super League, especially a Derby. Player welfare is a factor. Remember we've done that with two 17 year olds already so we do promote youth when safe and appropriate to do so.

- Sometimes clubs know that and name a full 18/17 anyway to tick the box, but only rotate 16 in the match, but...

- Rovers are taking the opportunity to make a very visible, public point to the RFL about their policies around player welfare, disciplinary common sense, and late loan registration in exceptional circumstances

The swivel-eyed loon minority of FC's mainly rational supporters will of course make hay with this, but I think it's in all clubs' interests that the RFL changes its approach, so if anything we're doing your club and everyone else a favour!

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

2 hours ago, MZH said:

Regardless of injuries and suspensions it's embarrassing that a top flight team can't name 17 players. Surely there's someone from the academy who can be registered to sit on the bench. He doesn't even need to actually play.

That's right, Rovers could have done that - but instead Maguire and Hudgell are making a very public point to the RFL, to embarrass them into change

Edited by Hull Kingston Bronco
Typo

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

48 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

That's right, Rovers could have done that - but instead Maguire and Hudgell are making a very public point to the RFL, to embarrass them into change

I'm not sure it embarrasses the RFL into change but it should probably embarrass your conditioning team and the players picking up bans despite knowing how low you are on numbers.

Injuries are part of the game but there must surely be something amiss when there are so many out across first team and reserve grades that you can cancel a reserve team fixture and still not name 17 players.  Player welfare isn't just the responsibility of fixture planners, what on earth is going on?

Edited by FearTheVee
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Even odder given that Rovers have at least two loans players playing champ 1 who were recalled last week and this week in prep to play first team. Just let them play for their loan club if you have no intention of giving them a first team jersey.

Strange.

3 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Rovers clearly could name a 17 or 18 if necessary, but a few factors weigh against doing so >

- Any junior players outside our top 40 who haven't already been fast-tracked are part-time at best and certainly aren't physically ready for Super League, especially a Derby. Player welfare is a factor. Remember we've done that with two 17 year olds already so we do promote youth when safe and appropriate to do so.

- Sometimes clubs know that and name a full 18/17 anyway to tick the box, but only rotate 16 in the match, but...

- Rovers are taking the opportunity to make a very visible, public point to the RFL about their policies around player welfare, disciplinary common sense, and late loan registration in exceptional circumstances

The swivel-eyed loon minority of FC's mainly rational supporters will of course make hay with this, but I think it's in all clubs' interests that the RFL changes its approach, so if anything we're doing your club and everyone else a favour!

Good answer, I think you're absolutely spot on that this is an attempt to make a point. Both clubs have in recent weeks resorted to fielding players who are not physically ready for this level. It's a serious welfare issue.

Naming 17 and only rotating 16 is also exactly what Hull did last week. Satae was on the bench but not fit to play.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Could be the lowest attendance for a Hull derby for a while cannot see more than 12000 (Hope I am wrong:)

P

That sounds a little on the pessimistic side. I can't see there being only 3,000 more than were there at the Toulouse game with zero fans in the away end.

What exactly do you mean by the phrase in bold? If a player commits a foul that is worthy of a ban then they should be banned. No ifs no buts no special considerations

• Like 1

Why the RFL? Why not SL? What change are they looking to embarrass them into?

Have they considered the very amateurish impression they are giving to both current & potential future sponsors not just of KR but the game in general

• Like 1