This week's disciplinary.

Dave T

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

They need time to decide what to actually put in them 😉

I watched "Yes, Prime Minister" as well.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, LeeF said:

What were you doing around tea time today? Sitting in an appeal hearing? 😀

I can neither confirm nor deny that.

• Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Have to say, I didn't think Saints would manage to get Knowles off but I guess they managed to twist the panel's arm.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 19
  • Sad 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Nobody comes out of this disciplinary gymnastics looking very good. 

St Helens, a side I've admired over the years for the expansive style and "banter laden fans" have sunk to a new low in my eyes with these 'legal" shenanigans, whilst the RFL look incapable of policing their own sport.

Regardless of the "trial by internet" that went on immediately after the game against Salford, or if you believe that the offence was deliberate and damaging or not, the original ruling was pretty much universally accepted by 99.9% of fans that I've read and listened to. When the initial appeal was rejected, everyone RIGHTLY thought that was the end of it, but whatever skulduggery has ensued has seemingly left the door or ignoring the game and its governing body ajar.

I selected St Helens to win this by 7-12, but a large part of me now wished Leeds absolutely hammer them. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Maybe the panel saw it how it actually happened, the Salford player twisted his own arm up his back and trapped in Knowles hand to milk a penalty. Players have been milking penalties all season so glad its finally been spotted and dealt with appropriately, if wilkin had been commentating he would be commending the Salford player on his brilliance.

Edited by yipyee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Absolutely astounded by that decision, I'm going to the final as I have already bought tickets, but after the game win or lose I think I'm done with rugby league after watching for 56yrs. The rfl are not fit for purpose. I'll take my grandson to Elland Road in future.

• Haha 3

Just now, yipyee said:

Maybe the panel saw it how it actually happened, the Salford player twisted his own arm up his back and trapped in Knowles hand to milk a penalty. Players have been milking penalties all season so glad its finally been spotted and dealt with appropriately 

Even if that wasn’t absolute nonsense (which it is) the RFL still look utterly inept

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Absolutely astounded by that decision, I'm going to the final as I have already bought tickets, but after the game win or lose I think I'm done with rugby league after watching for 56yrs. The rfl are not fit for purpose. I'll take my grandson to Elland Road in future.

And Football isn't corrupt ? 

• Like 1

Going off topic slightly, if anyone honestly thinks this recent IMG circus and their findings doesn't suit the saints and maybe a couple of other clubs it will be shown as an exercise in futility. Because we now know what rugby league is all about and who controls it ,the stench of the game is sickening 

• Like 1

Did they turn up with a top legal team or was it the Liverpool mob to make them an offer they cant refuse? Bateman selected for the knights and Knowlex wasnt .oh dear 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

I actually don’t understand this:

Tonight’s tribunal accepted that while there was some twisting to apply pressure to the limb of an opposing player, this did not exceed the normal range of movement and therefore could not have posed an ‘unacceptable risk of injury’.

What evidence is provided to justify that?

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Loiner said:

It's beyond a disgrace.

Along with Bateman being named in the Knights squad it just makes me really sad that the game we love is in the hands of these people

Incompetence doesn't cover it. 

Hate to say it but how can the sport in this country be anything other than doomed if it's run by people who think this is acceptable. So sad

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco
  • Like 5