2023 Summer Bash is going to be...

10 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Honeslty I don't think it would make that much difference, I mean how many people go for the weekend anyway and as long as the venue is announced in plenty of time i'm not sure it would make that much difference. 

Very few. I don't understand your point.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

On 03/05/2023 at 09:13, kiggy said:

Not many tickets left to be honest. I bought two yesterday and a lot of the stadium is sold out. Not a very big stadium though, but if it can be almost full for some games it would be good.

That aged well!

My wife's nephew tried to book 3 tickets together and couldn't. So I have no idea what planet the stadium booking software was on as it wasn't planet earth. We got him 3 tickets with us in corporate hostility in the end, so he didn't even need to buy the tickets.

4 hours ago, Griff said:

Very few. I don't understand your point.

Its a point in response to another poster saying that announcing fixtures so late would affect people who were thinking of going for the weekend. Personally I think the inconvienience would be minimal.

2 hours ago, kiggy said:

That aged well!

My wife's nephew tried to book 3 tickets together and couldn't. So I have no idea what planet the stadium booking software was on as it wasn't planet earth. We got him 3 tickets with us in corporate hostility in the end, so he didn't even need to buy the tickets.

Fax announced that their tickets had sold out as well which was strange given the low numbers of Fax fans that went.

10 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Its a point in response to another poster saying that announcing fixtures so late would affect people who were thinking of going for the weekend. Personally I think the inconvienience would be minimal.

Fine if they don't need accommodation, I suppose

I'd like to see it in Cardiff (or Swansea) football grounds. RL fans travelled well to past events in Cardiff. The city is very accommodating.

Personally, I'd give away tickets to Welsh school kids, as a promotional effort and let the WRL promote the Welsh league to the local spectators.

I'm certain it would draw plenty of new ( amateur) participants to the sport here in Wales. 

3 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

I'd like to see it in Cardiff (or Swansea) football grounds. RL fans travelled well to past events in Cardiff. The city is very accommodating.

Personally, I'd give away tickets to Welsh school kids, as a promotional effort and let the WRL promote the Welsh league to the local spectators.

I'm certain it would draw plenty of new ( amateur) participants to the sport here in Wales. 

Certainly would have more of an event feel to it than it being just another away game outside York. 

There's plenty of reasonably priced accomodation in Cardiff (I got a nice looking hotel for the cricket in Sept for less than £100 a night).

Love the idea of giving tickets away to local kids. Welsh kids already know Rugby, might as well let them see the better version.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, POR said:

6,741 people turned up over the two days with 3,793 flocking to North Yorkshire on the first day and 2,948 on the second day.

Think we can all agree it was a complete waste of time. These numbers just add weight to that thought

1 hour ago, David Shepherd said:

Certainly would have more of an event feel to it than it being just another away game outside York. 

There's plenty of reasonably priced accomodation in Cardiff (I got a nice looking hotel for the cricket in Sept for less than £100 a night).

Love the idea of giving tickets away to local kids. Welsh kids already know Rugby, might as well let them see the better version.

There’s around 2,000 players registered to the Welsh junior leagues this year too. Imagine the impact in including them on the weekend as either a) a festival b) a representative game c) free tickets. 

• Like 2

The Bash has always been a waste of time. I don’t know what the purpose of it, or Magic, has been for some time and they’ve just become events that have no meaning, little publicity and no real purpose or place in the calendar. Add in that those who actually liked the event didn’t agree with the move to a stadium that hosts games in that league instead of Blackpool, which seemed to be reasonably popular, and it was always going to be a bit of a disaster. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

If you're going for the weekend what does it matter which day your club is playing.....

Maybe you live a long way away and can't make the round trip in one day.

20 minutes ago, Jughead said:

The Bash has always been a waste of time. I don’t know what the purpose of it, or Magic, has been for some time and they’ve just become events that have no meaning, little publicity and no real purpose or place in the calendar. Add in that those who actually liked the event didn’t agree with the move to a stadium that hosts games in that league instead of Blackpool, which seemed to be reasonably popular, and it was always going to be a bit of a disaster. 

You only have to look at the NRL to see how successful the concept - held at the home of a team in that league - can be when properly marketed.

16 minutes ago, Griff said:

Maybe you live a long way away and can't make the round trip in one day.

At least one of us is confused with the points we are both trying to make. 😀

If you live a long way away and would plan to stay the weekend then again it won't matter what day your team plays on so would have no bearing on how late the fixtures were announced as long as the venue is announced in plenty of time.

15 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

You only have to look at the NRL to see how successful the concept - held at the home of a team in that league - can be when properly marketed.

Oh, I’m not knocking the concept, just the execution. I am a big fan of Magic and think it could be done so much better but we just can’t seem to be arsed to do anything to do that. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

That explains Yorks poor turnout v Fev then, little RL appetite in York.

As it wasn't a game we didn't expect to win a lot of knights supporters obviously decided not to attend the game and we have been struggling all season with crowds even though under 16's get in for free and the rugby hasn't been that great to watch.

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

The public have spoken, and surely that's it for the Bash. 

Or maybe that's it for the venue?

3 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

At least one of us is confused with the points we are both trying to make. 😀

If you live a long way away and would plan to stay the weekend then again it won't matter what day your team plays on so would have no bearing on how late the fixtures were announced as long as the venue is announced in plenty of time.

Those going for the weekend will be in the minority - as the splits per day prove.

So if you are going for one day, of course it helps to know less than 7 days prior what day your team is playing.

Not sure why that is controversial or you are trying to be obtuse.

10 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

They never promoted it in Blackpool either, and that's a town full of events too.

They must have before because having been to Blackpool this year they expected the bash back to there that was from a few bar and hotel owners also saw more fans than just a few Featherstone fans including my own team also SL fans