Sat 18th Feb: World Club Challenge: Penrith Panthers v St Helens KO 7:00 (UK Time) (Sky/C4)

Who will win?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Penrith Panthers
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/02/23 at 07:30

That’s frickin awesome. 

Just caught up on the Leeds Warr and last nights game. 

fantastic result. St Helens massive favourites to win the league again 😂

Edited by Wendigo7
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

13k - there’ll be more at the fishdome tomorrow. 

7 minutes ago, bratman said:

I heard 13, don't think it holds 30

5 minutes ago, JonM said:

Stadium only holds 22K - and that's including people sat in the mud.

Cheers folks, should turn my hearing aid up!

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Really enjoyed that! So tense from the start, then when the Panthers got their first try, it just kept ramping up.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Walmsley’s drive from under his posts in the first set was absolutely fabulous. Going into it, I though Saints would win more easily than they did, and who knows that non existent forward pass doesn’t get called, and they could have kicked on. I can’t help but feel massively frustrated that so many players who could have made a difference didn’t turn out in the World Cup, but it’s a good day for NH rugby league. 

• Like 3

Well, first time I've ever been cheering for Saints but a GREAT WIN! Terrific effort, some fantastic defence, never gave up and even after a very dubious refereeing performance gave Penrith an undeserved late equaliser that I thought would have knocked the stuffing out of them, Saints had the resilience to come back and still win. Brilliant! Well done Saints!

• Like 5

I've been saying on here that this Saints team are as good as any team in the world for a couple of years now - but to go to Oz and beat this Penrith team in their own backyard has to be up their with Wigan in Brisbane.

My win bet didn't come in but my backup bet of a draw came in - £20 @28-1...

Well done Saints 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JonM said:

I guess Welsby & Roby will get a lot of praise, but I thought Curtis Sironen was outstanding today - the game of his life.

His defence in the last quarter of the game was superb.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

I got banned on here before for saying a ref was corrupt. So I won´t say anything this time, merely how remarkably unsurprising it is that the NRL tried to do everything they could for their team to win. 

Edit: YESSSSSS! Up yours NRL. World Champions St Helens

Fortunately for your good self you can’t get banned for talking rubbish then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wellsby MOM

Why not Jake Mamo?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Never thought I'd be quite so elated for a Saints victory, let's hope it takes it out of them for the next eight months or so. No excuses for Penrith, this was both teams' first game of the season, played in their back yard with their crazy aussie weather and a try not given for a flat ball - Saints were the better team full stop.

• Like 4