Kear gone...

25 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

John Kear has left Widnes with immediate effect.  Wouldn't place all the blame at his door tbh.  The players are just not good enough.

They're not but they're not this bad. I think it's harsh because he's a decent bloke but realistically I had no confidence that he'd ever be able to turn it around. 

• Like 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

hardly surprising as Widnes just haven't been coming up with the goods, you need a young forward thinking coach next not someone who learn't their trade twenty or thirty years ago. I can't see where Kear will go from here if anywhere, his tactics didn't work at Bradford and obviously not at Widnes, as good as he might have been in the past the game has moved on.

• Like 3

Was quite obvious over past two months there wasn’t a plan B for when we started losing more games than winning. Think there’s more problems than Kear at Widnes but I the game plans have been woeful at times and that’s on him 

• Like 2

I suspect a large percentage of Wakey fans would have him back at Trinity in a heartbeat, not so much as a rescue job like last time as this team just isn’t good enough, but to assist with the clear out that looks like it’s already started & get ready for the Championship next year. 

49 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

With Bradford not having many people apply for the job with their problems, you wonder if Widnes will be the same. 

Must be a few years since we started and finished the season with the same coach, so you probably wouldn't want to be giving up the day job if you were to take it on.

The recent home game against London and the first half against Swinton yesterday were among the worst performances I ever seen by a Widnes team. Difficult to understand how we have gone from what looked, after the first few games, like a pretty decent team in with a shout of making the play-offs, to yesterday's disorganised rabble. Kieran Dixon, and one or two others, look like they care, but there was no organisation or team spirit.

3 hours ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

John Kear has left Widnes with immediate effect.  Wouldn't place all the blame at his door tbh.  The players are just not good enough.

We were very poor

Worst performance ive seen in 20 years 

The team were rubbish, the crowd were booing, the board were cowed and afraid. There was only one decision.  ➡

Kear had to go! ✔

Never mind John, keep commenting.👍

• Like 1

It pains me to see Widnes in such a mess, and for such a long time too, considering what a fantastic and successful club they were when I was a kid.

I’d be interested to know how relevant they are in the town these days. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

With Bradford not having many people apply for the job with their problems, you wonder if Widnes will be the same. There just seems something very fundamentally wrong at the club.

How the hell did they hammer Fax early on?

9 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Neil Kelly's strength is player management. He turned Dewsbury round from losing first 8 games and looking certain relegation candidates to safety.

So did Kear when he came in, Widnes need a proper clear out and reset 

• Like 1