Sat 12th Aug: Men's Challenge Cup Final: Hull KR v Leigh Leopards KO 15:00 (BBC)

Who will win?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull KR by 13 points or more
    • Hull KR by 7 to 12 points
    • Hull KR by 1 to 6 points
    • Leigh Leopards by 1 to 6 points
    • Leigh Leopards by 7 to 12 points
    • Leigh Leopards by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/23 at 14:30

I've just arrived at work and on my walk here a man in a KR shirt hurried past me near the railway station. I called after him, warning him not to miss his train and thought I'd do the nice thing and wished him good luck but in my head I was thinking, "good luck Leigh!" I did stop myself from pointing out what happened last time they came up against Tom Briscoe in a final! 😉

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I've just arrived at work and on my walk here a man in a KR shirt hurried past me near the railway station. I called after him, warning him not to miss his train and thought I'd do the nice thing and wished him good luck but in my head I was thinking, "good luck Leigh!" I did stop myself from pointing out what happened last time they came up against Tom Briscoe in a final! 😉

Ey up, there go a couple more past the window! It's fun working in the town centre! I swear I'm working hard! 😁

I’m buzzing about today, could barely get to sleep last night like a kid on Christmas Eve. There’s something about this final which is really exciting, I wouldn’t have the same feeling if it was Wigan v Leeds or Saints v Wire. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, WN83 said:

The table doesn’t lie but it also doesn’t tell you the whole story. Leigh are 3 wins in front of HKR but Leigh have been extremely fortunate in regards to injuries (and it’s a good job, as I’m not sure what they’d have been able to do had they picked up 7 or 8 at the same time) whereas HKR were absolutely decimated for a spell (but luckily enough look back towards full strength now). The table in black and white says there are 6 points between them but I think realistically they’re much closer. I’m expecting a fantastic game. 

Well I am sorry that Leigh have been fortunate with injuries, what a stupid thing to say.

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Well I am sorry that Leigh have been fortunate with injuries, what a stupid thing to say.

The guy was just stating the fact that Leigh had not endured the same number of injuries as KR  there was no malice or detrimental tone in the comment.

• Like 2

Just an observation. I've just been looking on the BBC sport app and noticed the first RL article on there is the 12th placed article and is a video clip featuring Derek Beaumont, and the first article actually about the game itself is the 22nd placed article. This is a game the BBC are supposedly covering. 

7 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Just an observation. I've just been looking on the BBC sport app and noticed the first RL article on there is the 12th placed article and is a video clip featuring Derek Beaumont, and the first article actually about the game itself is the 22nd placed article. This is a game the BBC are supposedly covering. 

Nothing unusual there. I’ve known them broadcast a match and then completely ignore it on the early evening news but still managed to get clips from other channels of a union game played the same day.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Degsy is 19th on mine, and the final isn’t on it at all. Obviously the world cycling championships and women’s golf are of more interest 🙄 

Not been this interested in or enthused by a final (not involving my team) in a long while. I have a soft spot for Leigh as my late Uncle coached there but I think their story is that brilliant anyway that it would incredible to see it topped off with silverware, that said I like how Hull KR have slowly and quietly built the club up on and off the field.

I guess there could be a lot of fans, particularly Leigh going down to their first Wembley final and I hope both sets of fans enjoy the magic of Challenge Cup final day.

Honestly I would love to see Leigh win but I would also be happy enough with Hull KR lifting the trophy, whatever happens I hope for a great match and occasion. 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Thanks for your apology, it was exactly what I was looking for😂

Simply stating a fact, that makes me think the gap between Leigh and HKR might actually be smaller than the league table suggests. 

Enjoy your day

57 minutes ago, WN83 said:

Thanks for your apology, it was exactly what I was looking for😂

Simply stating a fact, that makes me think the gap between Leigh and HKR might actually be smaller than the league table suggests. 

Enjoy your day

Unlike a lot of my fellow townsfolk who think it will be a comfortable win I do not hold their confidence I believe it will be a close game and either team is capable to come away with the spoils.

13 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Unlike a lot of my fellow townsfolk who think it will be a comfortable win I do not hold their confidence I believe it will be a close game and either team is capable to come away with the spoils.

Fully agree. Looking forward to it. 

11 minutes ago, westlondonfan said:

No idea who is going to win but very excited to be on the train and on the way to my very first challenge cup final after so many years following rugby league!

Iam sure you'll love it , enjoy.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

It will be Leigh tomorrow for the first time since 1971 and her's why

I will repeat two cliches - You are what you record says you are and League tables don't lie

Leigh have a side with players who have big game experience Rovers less so.

Rovers rested players and got a hiding from Wigan, Leighy won at Leeds. Resting players is all well and good but if your in form you need to keep playing. You can't just switch on and off as a side...

Tell that to the winners of week 1 of the NRL finals.

5 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

All he's saying, in a round about way, is that both teams are pretty well matched when at full strength. And I'd agree.