Sat 12th Aug: Men's Challenge Cup Final: Hull KR v Leigh Leopards KO 15:00 (BBC)

Who will win?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull KR by 13 points or more
    • Hull KR by 7 to 12 points
    • Hull KR by 1 to 6 points
    • Leigh Leopards by 1 to 6 points
    • Leigh Leopards by 7 to 12 points
    • Leigh Leopards by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/23 at 14:30

I have a sneaky feeling for Rervers, they're the real deal this season and in comparison with Leigh have gone about their build up quietly, possibly efficiently?

It's a great story Leigh getting there, as it is rovers' 2nd visit in 30+ years but I can't help but feel that Leigh have already won their final.

Be interesting to see how it pans out.

3 hours ago, meast said:

I have a sneaky feeling for Rervers, they're the real deal this season and in comparison with Leigh have gone about their build up quietly, possibly efficiently?

It's a great story Leigh getting there, as it is rovers' 2nd visit in 30+ years but I can't help but feel that Leigh have already won their final.

Be interesting to see how it pans out.

Already composing my reply Meast albeit there will be a choice of two depending on the result!

• Haha 1

From the RFL ticket holders info pdf - both Wembley Central Station (Bakerloo Line & Overground Services) and Wembley Stadium Station (Chiltern Rail Services) will be closed.

• Confused 1

On 09/08/2023 at 21:10, mick the leyther said:

10 players at Leigh with 21 Challenge Cup final appearances and 10 wins, 1 Lance Todd Trophy, 8 Super League Grand Final wins, 1 NRL Grand Final win and 2 World Club Challenge wins. Think there's plenty of experience of finals and winning in there 🙂

• Tom Briscoe 5 Challenge Cup Final appearances, 3 wins, 1 Lance Todd trophy. 2 SL GF wins
  • Josh Charnley 4 Challenge Cup Final appearances, 3 wins. 3 SL GF wins
  • Zak Hardaker 3 Challenge Cup Final appearances, 2 wins. 3 SL GF wins, 1 WCC win
  • Jack Hughes 3 Challenge Cup Final appearances, 1 win
  • Oliver Holmes 2 Challenge Cup Final appearances
  • Matt Davis 1 Challenge Cup Final appearance
  • Ricky Leutele 1 Challenge Cup Final appearance
  • Gareth O’Brien 1 Challenge Cup Final appearance
  • Ava Seumanufagai 1 Challenge Cup win
  • John Asiata 1 NRL GF win, 1 WCC win

Don’t forget Ricky “the tackle” Leutele’s NRL victory in 2016 🦈 

18 hours ago, meast said:

At least Leigh fans can park their coaches at the closed stations then 😄

Strolling through Euston behind Kevin Brown and Kyle Amor a whole 121 minutes after eating a Galloway’s pie barm at Wigan station 👌 #knowyourwestcoastmainline

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

M6 yesterday was horrendous.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

On 09/08/2023 at 23:31, Harry Stottle said:

Let's hope this rarity becomes more of the norm and more teams who haven't graced Wembley for many years get to the final.

There’s been a decent few recently. But it’s up to the others to follow the example set by yourselves and Hull KR. Hope you all have a great day and may the best team win.

• Like 1

As always really looking forward to this with the added bonus it's only a 45 minute to a major RL event for me!!!

We are in with the Leapords for the day with my kids and her indoors in a bit of leapord print after being impressed with the dancers and shows from earlier in the year on SKY 

Going to be a great occasion whoever wins with added bonus that's Saints can't win the mens at least! 

It will be Leigh tomorrow for the first time since 1971 and her's why

I will repeat two cliches - You are what you record says you are and League tables don't lie

Leigh have a side with players who have big game experience Rovers less so.

Rovers rested players and got a hiding from Wigan, Leighy won at Leeds. Resting players is all well and good but if your in form you need to keep playing. You can't just switch on and off as a side.

Rovers big advantage will be their fan base so a measure of how well or badly Leigh do will be at the Rovers end.

Leopards to be spotted with te Cup come the final hooter...

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

The table doesn’t lie but it also doesn’t tell you the whole story. Leigh are 3 wins in front of HKR but Leigh have been extremely fortunate in regards to injuries (and it’s a good job, as I’m not sure what they’d have been able to do had they picked up 7 or 8 at the same time) whereas HKR were absolutely decimated for a spell (but luckily enough look back towards full strength now). The table in black and white says there are 6 points between them but I think realistically they’re much closer. I’m expecting a fantastic game. 

• Like 2