Unbelievable this to me.

14 minutes ago, dkw said:

What, an agent offering a player to clubs, yeah I`m sure thats the first time anything like this has ever happened before. The games doooooommmeedddd.....

No doubt it has but I guess we’ll find out if this average NRL standard player will get a super league contract.

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

I wouldn't necessarily put the number of NRL games as an absolute marker. 

Plenty of younger players have played a lot of games but take Harry Grant as an example... he will be 26 before the next season kicks off and has 78 NRL appearances.  He had 32 appearances when he turned 24.

He’ll have been behind both cam smith and Brandon smith.

6 minutes ago, On the buses said:

He’ll have been behind both cam smith and Brandon smith.

Yes. He will.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I don't think we need to worry too much about this. We have loads of SL players who haven't played a single NRL game and never will. 

Some players will be suited and do well, some won't. It's up to clubs to do their vetting on players. 

Tbh, it feels like England RL isn't that important to be so worried about how many imports we have in SL. 

5 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Is 24 years old and has only played 13 games in the NRL, and he being offered up as a potential Super League player.

If he had any sort of ability he would have played more than 13 NRL games by 24 years old.

Championship player at best in my book.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/canberra-raiders-prop-offered-super-28467415?fbclid=IwAR26jFmQKuFJNmQq1DZxYV6C78b-wiXr82h2Sn86ngWIIyWVkngk9TgkO9g

Ridiculous statement.

I give you Dave Fifita and countless other fringe NRL suckers stories. Did you start watching RL last week,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

. Lets see where the club are in 3 or 4 seasons . Its my belief there will be a huge investment in developing youth once we are established in SL

I think Wakefield Trinity has continually developed more than it's fair share of youth throughout the clubs SL tenure.  I get sick of pointing that out on here! 😇

Fingers crossed that Matt Ellis can provide the cash to not only offer better contracts to those coming through but also surround them with a quality squad and infrastructure, giving them the chance of competing in a successful side.

Hopefully it can be done in time to prevent the likes of Ollie Pratt and Harvey Smith following Batchelor, Johnstone, Murphy and Eseh out the door.  

Edited by Wollo Wollo Wayoo
  • Like 2

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

I'm really struggling to see what the controversy is here. He has been given an NRL contract for the last 5 years (Cowboys then Raiders) and now he may get a Super League contract.

• Like 4

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

44 minutes ago, On the buses said:

Why?

he’s a quality NRL player.

oh gawd - thats made my day that has- hes a stupid great lump

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

57 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I'm really struggling to see what the controversy is here. He has been given an NRL contract for the last 5 years (Cowboys then Raiders) and now he may get a Super League contract.

It’s Rugby League internet forum mate, everything is a problem to some on here. 

6 hours ago, On the buses said:

No doubt it has but I guess we’ll find out if this average NRL standard player will get a super league contract.

b1f69d41d5b2a433061ff5d996b2385e.jpg.184efdf3ddca2ad8071f81c47a0ff703.jpg

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

I’ll start off Robbie and Henry Paul. 

Henry Paul isn't a good example. He was highly rated and was the Junior Kiwis captain on their stellar tour to these shores and signed for Wakefield on the back of it. He even made his debut for the full Kiwis team at 18 while on the same tour.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mumby Magic said:

There's a new thread here. "Fringe or nobody Aussie players who became SL greats.

50 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

I’ll start off Robbie and Henry Paul. 

They were nobody Aussies, that's true.

• Haha 1

Another hysterical headline and post. What on earth is there to be concerned with here.

Young player with NRL experience looking for first grade options, puts feelers out to SL clubs who should well know this player has another two or three years before he hits the average age of a middle or edge forward’s peak.

If a SL club identifies this player as a future talent, then they could pick him up on a longer contract at a cheaper price and make hay while his sun shines over the next few seasons. Alternatively, they may think he isn’t worth the contract and let the opportunity pass. What is anyone worried about with this story?

• Like 4

20 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Is 24 years old and has only played 13 games in the NRL, and he being offered up as a potential Super League player.

If he had any sort of ability he would have played more than 13 NRL games by 24 years old.

Championship player at best in my book.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/canberra-raiders-prop-offered-super-28467415?fbclid=IwAR26jFmQKuFJNmQq1DZxYV6C78b-wiXr82h2Sn86ngWIIyWVkngk9TgkO9g

I assume you would of said something very similar about Tom Amone (17 NRL games by 26 years of age) when he was being offered to SL clubs.

If Tom Amone can make the SL dream team then there is no reason Hola can’t be a very good, standout SL prop.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Farmduck said:

The whole question is moot given TRL's headline from today:  https://www.totalrl.com/canberra-raiders-prop-peter-hola-rejects-two-super-league-clubs-to-remain-in-nrl/

So he's staying at the Raiders.

Just because he has resigned with Canberra @Farmduck, that shouldn’t mean it should stop forum members losing their cazolies over a nothing story.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Farmduck said:

The whole question is moot given TRL's headline from today:  https://www.totalrl.com/canberra-raiders-prop-peter-hola-rejects-two-super-league-clubs-to-remain-in-nrl/

So he's staying at the Raiders.

'Super League reject secures NRL contract'

• Haha 6

15 hours ago, Eddie said:

Deleted - now I’ve seen he’s extended his Canberra contract 🤦‍♂️

Now I know this is quite cynical, but I wonder if this was the plan all along. I know Agents are salt of the earth guvnor types, would never do no wrong mate....

But this leak seems to have coincided with him getting a new contract from his club, which has never ever happened before.

• Like 2