Sun 3rd March : SL : Hull FC v London Broncos KO 3pm (Sky Sports Action)

Who will win?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • London Broncos

Heartbreaker from Morgan Smith!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

It's an absolute train wreck of a game - hard to remember a SL game with so many unforced handling errors -but compulsive viewing.

It's felt more like watching an upper mid table championship game than SL, but it has been entertaining. Don't think London are going to get many better opportunities for a win this year. Hull have been properly woeful and very lucky to get a win

• Like 1

Tony Smith doesnt look happy. His side have scraped a win against a valiant Broncos side.

Lot of work to do for both sides.

Some tired London defence give it to Hull.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, LeytherRob said:

It's felt more like watching an upper mid table championship game than SL, but it has been entertaining. Don't think London are going to get many better opportunities for a win this year. Hull have been properly woeful and very lucky to get a win

Yes its hard to imagine london winning a game unless the make some quality adfitions to their squad

London aren't a very good Super League side - and they will always find a way of making sure you know that.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

As Jamie Soward once said close enough is not good enough. Credit to the Broncos for taking it for the full 80 minutes. But we are not doing moral victories here.

As for Hull FC I have always said on this forum that they are the other big club east of the pennines but still are not playing like it.That was not a good performance

From a Broncos perspective it may convince the players that they can be competitive with the lower half of Super League and with returnees, and some savvy signings they may yet pull off a result or two against certain Super League sides.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Unlucky London you deserved a win. 

FC utterly pathetic again.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

To be honest I’m happier FC got an undeserved win there. They’ll be more likely to continue thinking they’re better than they are now, rather than address their issues. 

Going to be an enjoyable year this I think 🤣

6 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

What does that make Hull!

They should be properly embarrassed, TBH, regardless of how the scoreboard finished. Nobody should really even be in a close game at home against London this year.

• Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

9 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

London aren't a very good Super League side - and they will always find a way of making sure you know that.

They’re not but neither are some of the others, as shown today. Hopefully this gives them a bit of belief to show they can compete with at least a couple of sides this year. 

On that performance it looks as if London might well scrape together a few wins this season. The big question that we seem to have been asking for a few seasons now is what's wrong with Hull F.C.? On paper they should be the top team in the city with more support and a bigger ground with more opportunities for things like corporate income but it just isn't happening.

8 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

On that performance it looks as if London might well scrape together a few wins this season. The big question that we seem to have been asking for a few seasons now is what's wrong with Hull F.C.? On paper they should be the top team in the city with more support and a bigger ground with more opportunities for things like corporate income but it just isn't happening.

I've always liked the Drucker phrase "culture eats strategy for breakfast".

I'm not sure you can put a price on the East Hull community's 'oneness' with their smaller club, after over a decade missing out on Super League and putting up with patronising sneering from fans of the "big club" in town. That buys you a lot of momentum. On the flipside it's very hard to turn things around when a club is moving in the wrong direction, especially when you don't have your own ground or rooted sense of place. Entitlement and the associated impatient frustration isn't a great platform for the hard yards needed to dig in and make progress.

But then I would say that!  

1 hour ago, Worzel said:

To be honest I’m happier FC got an undeserved win there. They’ll be more likely to continue thinking they’re better than they are now, rather than address their issues. 

Going to be an enjoyable year this I think 🤣

Liar liar pants on fire.

• Haha 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

London: discipline, conversions, panic football.

Too many penalties given away.

Leyland needs hours of kicking practice but overall, he's got great potential, I think. A 40/20 and a touchline conversion. Shame about the others.

Panic football - too many rushed passes, too many desperate off-load attempts, too many players bumping into each other.

All things the coach needs to be working on intensively. 

Edited by JohnM

My word Hull are incredibly poor aren't they? A valiant effort from London but can't see them pushing anyone other than Castleford close this year.

Hull always seem to look to have recruited well, yet remain terrible.