Thur 4th Apr: SL: Leigh Leopards v Wigan Warriors KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/04/24 at 19:30

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Apparently so, not sure what that is though?

Pumping loads of his own hard earned cash into his local small town club and turning them into challenge cup winners. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Or someone calling out someone they’re paying to do something who isn’t doing it? 

The un-professional bit is doing it on a public forum. 

• Like 8

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

During the build up I could see people vaping in the crowd and I thought what a pain to have that next to you in the stadium…. and then I saw the kick off and thought vapes weren’t really a problem at all!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, bobbruce said:

Thanks a lot Johnny I was going to watch that later. I won’t bother now. 

al give u that one- top post lol

• Haha 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

7 hours ago, Eddie said:

Or someone calling out someone they’re paying to do something who isn’t doing it? 

Double post - point still stands! 😂

Edited by Leyther_Matt
  • Haha 1

Having gone over to look at the Leigh twitter account - their actual in-game coverage is decent. A lot of clubs across a lot of sports do a lot worse.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

53 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Give over Eddie. 

Well I’d had a few (note to self, never post on the internet after a trip to the boozer) but still if he’s paying someone to do something and they’re not then he has every right to be annoyed, and we don’t know why he’s called them out publicly, it might not be the first time they’ve done it. 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

well thats the broncos v storm result totally ruined for my viewing tomorrow - off to flick between the end of the liverpool game and luke littler semi  instead - totally no point to this - not worth it

Bloody hell !! I recorded the darts night to watch this morning , that's the Littler quarter final ruined. Thanks 

Just now, Eddie said:

Well I’d had a few (note to self, never post on the internet after a trip to the boozer) but still if he’s paying someone to do something and they’re not then he has every right to be annoyed, and we don’t know why he’s called them out publicly, it might not be the first time they’ve done it. 

I think your mate Degsy had had a few too.

Regardless if it’s the first time, you don’t  call them out on twitter.

• Like 3

The thing with Beaumont's rant, why had he not picked up on this before if it was not what he was wanting? I mean last weeks was very similar yet he decides to call that person out on Twitter. His man management skills at times leave a lot to be desired, maybe that person thought they were doing a good job as he has clearly not said anything before this, then a simple quiet word or chat could have solved the problem. Also its not like its very easy to tweet about RL tackle by tackle anyway.

Edited by The Blues Ox
  • Like 2

Calling out a member of staff online and inviting a pile on of your own staff is frankly ridiculous. It wouldn't surprise me either that Leighs match day twitter is done by a volunteer (like a lot of clubs!).

We are supposed to be a professional sport yet have Brian Potter types running some of our clubs .The guy is an absolute clown and to quote the man himself it's stuff like this why the sport is not investible. 

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, Eddie said:

If you had done something wrong at work, would you expect your boss to

A: act professionally and take you aside and have a proper chat or to go through the relevant procedures thus maintaining a professional relationship with you.

or would you prefer it if your boss was

B: totally unprofessional and called you out and ranted at you across a social media platform in front of potentially hundreds of thousands of people thus effectively cutting off any professional relationship with you?

If you answer B then you're as bad as he is, the bloke is an embarrassing  buffoon, regardless of how much money he's put into "little old Leigh" to win them a challenge cup.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Copa said:

During the build up I could see people vaping in the crowd and I thought what a pain to have that next to you in the stadium…. and then I saw the kick off and thought vapes weren’t really a problem at all!

That was at both ends Leigh and Wigan fans, I have had words with people near to me invading my space with their second hand stinking vapes on a couple of occasions, but the thing is if you can see it on the telly all the security 'jobsworths' can see if from 30 yards away and they do nothing about it, the culprits should be ejected from the stadium so they can puff away to their hearts content outside.

• Like 3

Beaumont loves his image of the maverick rough diamond, 💪💪💪💪, the former champion double-glazing salesman splashing the cash, the outsider who is rocking the SuperLeague/RFL boat and that does seem to go down well in Leigh. Just look at the crowds who flock to the LSV. Just look at the stamina of the LDL posters. The more criticism he gets, the more he and the Leigh fans like it. 

Of course, we don't actually know what he was on about with his X post, but whatever he meant, no one in Leigh cares. The legend that is Beaumont.

As for the game, there was a huge gulf between the sides. All clubs have to live with injury depleted teams at some point - youf expect for a match like last night that players are motivated to play at the top of their game.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JohnM said:

As for the game, there was a huge gulf between the sides. All clubs have to live with injury depleted teams at some point - youf expect for a match like last night that players are motivated to play at the top of their game.

To be fair, there is a gulf between Wigan and most of the league. And while all clubs have to deal with injuries, some clubs will be better equipped depending on where they are in their development. Leigh are in their second season back in SL, have just setup the reserves / academy which will take years to bear any fruit so don't have any sort of conveyor belt needed to deal with injuries. While Wigan for all the injuries in the front row were still able to name two props in the 17 with a lot of top flight experience, a new signing from last year's runners up and a very promising youngster.

The gulf, and the result was not a surprise at all. The disappointing things for me was the poor tackling (30+ missed tackles again) and the number of mistakes by players that regularly featured in the first choice 17 last season.

44 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Beaumont loves his image of the maverick rough diamond, 💪💪💪💪, the former champion double-glazing salesman splashing the cash, the outsider who is rocking the SuperLeague/RFL boat and that does seem to go down well in Leigh. Just look at the crowds who flock to the LSV. Just look at the stamina of the LDL posters. The more criticism he gets, the more he and the Leigh fans like it. 

Of course, we don't actually know what he was on about with his X post, but whatever he meant, no one in Leigh cares. The legend that is Beaumont.

As for Beaumont you have made it very clear how much you despise him. As long as you and others keep it up you will get the reaction you so obviously  crave. 

As for the team, as a fan I have been very dubious for a while on the lads we have signed, but we have to go with the quality we can afford, if we or any other club had the wealth of Wigan we could maybe have *brought in the quality and numbers that they manage to do, until then we will just have to play on enthusiasm till class beats us as was evident last night.

How do they manage to do that within the constraints of the salary cap?

32 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

As for Beaumont you have made it very clear how much you despise him. As long as you and others keep it up you will get the reaction you so obviously  crave. 

As for the team, as a fan I have been very dubious for a while on the lads we have signed, but we have to go with the quality we can afford, if we or any other club had the wealth of Wigan we could maybe have *brought in the quality and numbers that they manage to do, until then we will just have to play on enthusiasm till class beats us as was evident last night.

They manage to do it by having a lot of quality homegrown players and the money to be able to use the marquee rules effectively.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

What I don't like is the deliberate misunderstanding and misinterpretation of anything any non- Leither says about Leigh.  I'm assuming it's a  deliberate conditioned reflex. I don't despise him: he plays no part in my already miserable and craving-free existence.. In my post I give what I believe is a fair characterisation which you clearly agree with when you say, "As long as you and others keep it up you will get the reaction..."  As I said, "The more criticism he gets, the more he and the Leigh fans like it. " We agree, then.

No need to be defensive of your players, either. If it were just about spending on  the individual players, then why bother coaching? You have a professional coach who is working to get the best from the hand he is dealt.  There were some good signs last night but just not enough to trouble us.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

By not splashing out on average past it bands and ridiculous amounts of pyrotechnics pre match probably, that and a very good, productive academy system. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

👀👀👀

He reminds me of Trump. 

He`s a disgusting cretin treating someone who is likely to be a volunteer fan of the club like that. 

• Like 4