Sun 12th May: SL: London Broncos v Hull FC KO 15:00 (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• London Broncos
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/24 at 14:30

Posted (edited)

A master class in poor decision -making from both sides. In addition, both sides  just too predictable and  pedestrian at the ptb, not alert enough. Perhaps they need to train, practice and rehearse more.

But well  done London. A win at last.

Edited by JohnM

2 minutes ago, JohnM said:

A master class in poor decision -making from both sides. In addition, both sides  just too predictable and  pedestrian at the ptb, not alert enough. Perhaps they need to train, practice and rehearse more.

But well  done London. A win at last.

This post makes it sound like London and Hull played equally poor. I have no idea how you would come to that conclusion.

• Like 3

On 10/05/2024 at 15:40, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

It's no surprise London are getting worse ....small low quality squad getting duffed up by far stronger and better players....who'd have thought Broncos would get worse and worse eh?????

Hopefully no one new turns up at PL for the rest of the season and any more damage to the brand and game down here is limited to the damage already done (which is not insignificant) 

Bit of an OTT post, no BB?

I don't even understand how people are saying London are getting worse either, we are finally getting some of our injured players back and are playing better now I would say.

• Like 5

The club have acknowledged that things haven't been good enough, and I'm trying to be patient and supportive whilst they try to rebuild, but I don't know how much more of this I can stomach. Aside from Ese'ese and the youngsters there isn't a single player in that team I'd be sad to see go. In fact there are a few that I'd pay good money to never see in a Hull shirt again. 

Well done London, fully deserved win.

This Hull team will go down as one of the very worst teams in SL history.

If we finish bottom, we should be relegated. I've no idea how we have managed to get this bad in such a short period of time, but it should be punished.

Well done, London. By far the better team, with the most enthusiasm and weren't afraid to chuck it around. Hull clueless in attack and taking too many shortcuts in defence. A lazy and uninspired performance. 

• Like 10
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

15 minutes ago, White Chevron on Blue said:

Always enjoy watching James Meadows play. I can't think of a better playmaker who has come through the ranks in the south of England . 

Have to say I thought he was excellent today and fully deserved to be man of the match.

6 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

If we finish bottom, we should be relegated. I've no idea how we have managed to get this bad in such a short period of time, but it should be punished.

Well done, London. By far the better team, with the most enthusiasm and weren't afraid to chuck it around. Hull clueless in attack and taking too many shortcuts in defence. A lazy and uninspired performance. 

dont worry - ritchie is overseeing things - hes gonna oversee you back to where you belong - its a very expensive oversee but will be worth it in the end

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

18 minutes ago, White Chevron on Blue said:

Always enjoy watching James Meadows play. 

didnt know he was still playing - thought he had been put out to pasture

• Haha 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Just watched bits of the game back after having been in the stadium. Atmosphere doesn't come across well on TV but good atmosphere there today and for the fans who had a look, am end to end game is always a winner

• Like 3

Conside my gob smacked. London were the better side and deserved the win.

When Hull scored first in the second half and Oli Leyland the missed the conversion from bang in front. I was of the view that it's the hope that gets to you. But none of that London hot in front and crucially two scores in front before the Oli Leyland interception try sealed the deal.

All things are of course relative and it is noteworthy that It's been Hull FC in both games where the side has looked competitive this season.

Still credit to MIke Eccles and Ryan Sheridan for welding this side into a cohesive RL side. The only drawback is that the owner might see this result as vindication of his policy of not strengthening the side.

This result means that London will not go winless in Super League thus season. The last club to do so being Halifax in 2003 who had two points deducted having beaten....London Broncos 24-22 at Griffin Park.

All this and I got a free London clapper well worth a fiver. 

• Like 1

"I picked these lads thinking they were ready and clearly some of them are not. I'm not blaming the players"

Paul Farbrace - Sussex CCC and ex-england coach engaging in Wordspeak....

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

10 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

As for Hull, just wow. They are seriously lucky IMG is going to save them this year. 

Are we? Maybe we should reap what we sow? Maybe it would give us a kick up the backside?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The 4 of Us said:

Hull will be very grateful for their stadium IMG points by seasons end.

Indeed, and if London didn't know they were going to be relegated at the end of the season i'm 100% sure they would have spent far more on their squad. Hull FC owe IMG a huge thankyou.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

This result means that London will not go winless in Super League thus season. The last club to do so being Halifax in 2003 who had two points deducted having beaten....London Broncos 24-22 at Griffin Park.

They didn't go winless, you just showed that they won. Pointless, but not winless.

The only winless team in the SL era are Toronto Wolfpack.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Are we? Maybe we should reap what we sow? Maybe it would give us a kick up the backside?

You're Grade A mate, you are what others should be aspiring to.  I'm beginning to wonder if London being relegated before a ball was kicked was actually the beginning of this lunacy, not a one off fluke.

• Like 1

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

Well done London , but you Hull fans must be really suffering this season.  I don't know what's going on at Hull but with the appointment of Myler as DoR and the players he has brought in to date I can't see a turn around anytime soon.

London looked what they basically are - a good, solid Championship playoff side. Hull were a disorganised, leaderless shambles - I was wondering whether they should be made to walk home after that, but the way they're going they'd probably just end up in Helsinki!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My god Hull really are awful, let's be honest London battered them this aft, great performance and i don't think it's too unkind to say some, ney, a lot of the Hull players simply don't look bothered.

Well played London.

Hull would be relegated this year if not for the ratings scores coming in, they are a shambles and they have horrible little Myler at the helm now making them even more unlikeable to some.

'Laaaarndeeen Laaaaaarndeen'

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GeordieSaint said:

Do you have a sense of humour or has watching Leeds too often fried your brain of any fun? 🙂

You'll get there with Wellens soon enough 😉

• Haha 1