Frank Paul to leave Wigan for Roosters? (Merged threads)

Allora

Former Kiwi Test prop Frank-Paul Nuuausala has sensationally walked out on English glamour club Wigan, remaining in Australia when the rest of the team flew home earlier this week.

The 31-year-old Nuuausala still has two years to run on a lucrative deal with Wigan but is believed to be homesick and keen to re-establish himself in the NRL.

Alarm bells were ringing when Nuuausala was the only member of the Wigan squad not to play in last weekend’s trial against Souths at ANZ Stadium.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Agreed. He was awful last year. What was interesting was that apparently he slimmed down this year - or Wigan slimmed him down - in the mistaken belief that this would make him more effective. Take a look at the NRL packs and they are massively powerful but not necessarily lean as you still need the weight to make a dent in the defensive line.

It was again an observation of the NRL teams and you saw it during the World Cup - the antipodean based players make more ground on impact than ours, which largely comes down to appropriate conditioning. FPN was incredible at times in the NRL, Wigan picked him up when he was on a decline, he played a few half decent matches before losing any remaining NRL power and becoming a very ordinary overpaid player. 

Forget that fool Wigan fans should be over the moon he's gone.

Wigan should now get on the phone to this blokes manger...https://www.playersvoice.com.au/jason-clark-reality-of-nrl-workhorse/#ZhyQDYuk6wAU6hyK.97

One of the most honest ,loyal & hard working premiership winning RL players going round & won't cost much either.

2 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Think I read an interview with this guy who said he didn’t like the pies in Wigan.

Knew it couldn’t last.

Saying you don’t like the pies in Wigan is like saying you don’t like the Champagne in northeastern France, or you don’t like Caviar from the Caspian Sea.

It’s a paradox.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

11 minutes ago, Desert Skipper said:

Saying you don’t like the pies in Wigan is like saying you don’t like the Champagne in northeastern France, or you don’t like Caviar from the Caspian Sea.

It’s a paradox.

Stop it man, your post brings back memories of the lost, and much lamented, Champagne & Caviar Pie from Galloways.

Those were happy days.

Maybe it's because the football transfer market is so crazy but i find it odd that so many players are just released on the free to go join other clubs in RL. Is this done to release SC space? Are transfer fees a rarity in the sport?

1 hour ago, Krzzystuff said:

Maybe it's because the football transfer market is so crazy but i find it odd that so many players are just released on the free to go join other clubs in RL. Is this done to release SC space? Are transfer fees a rarity in the sport?

They are not unknown but they are not the norm any more.

I would imagine Wigan have released him because it is highly unlikely an NRL club will pay a transfer fee for him and the money saved in salary can be spent on someone who actually wants to play for Wigan and is useful to them

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

Who is he?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived