costa

Bradford AGAIN (Merged threads)

10 hours ago, M j M said:

What assets are there to strip. What the hell are you talking about? Nobody's making any money out of this.

Im not sure if you are serious or not but I will give you the benefit. What assets to strip? The sale of players. Id assume cutting players from the payroll will probably help in saving money in the sense that when funding comes through or sales of season tickets there won't be much in the way of wages to pay leaving more money in the bank. The second part is theory the first part is fact. 

Nobody is making money from this - Id agree with that until I see anything to the contary but I never said they were, I asked the question who is benefitting. Lets say there is a whole list of creditors, word from different people(One may have been Sawyer in one of his various interviews) is that not all of the creditors have been spoken to or agreed any deal, what if the ones getting paid off with the sale of assets are directly linked to the people taking over?

Im not saying that is certainly the case but it is a possibility hence the question. Now apart from the moral questions it could lead to problems down the line for the club and fans. First of all theres the question of who actually owns the club because at the moment it looks to still be the original people so it does beg the question should they actually be paying off creditors just yet. Ignoring that as just a slight delay in filing some paperwork it has to be asked how do they decide which creditors to pay off when its been openly admitted that they have not spoken to all of them? What if the others turn around and say they now want paying in full or at the very least want the same deal as the ones paid off, hello winding up order and more burying heads in the sand.

Its not my club though so I really shouldn't be bothered. To be fair if I didn't know what I know about Nigel Wood I probably wouldn't be.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Again though it should be cleared up fairly soon when the change of ownership hits CH.......

Speaking to a colleague who knows more about these things than me (not difficult of course) he believes that share ownership details only have to be updated yearly when Confirmation Statements are submitted (due Jan) but change of Officers needs to be recorded - should be done soon since new board members appointed, together with the accounts. His understanding is that you are no longer allowed to have unallocated shares so someone (likely the original holder) owns them and thinks that the consortium are still trying to get more on board to buy up those they've not already got which does fit in with one of Sawyer's comments.

• Like 1

Wood (RFL Wood) has been blamed for his part in the RFL handling of Bulls, 1,2,3....etc.  Will his and His Family's ties affect Bulls fans interest and will their grievances remain, sufficient to stay away or even demonstrate?  Genuine question.

Hull went through a stage similar when David Lloyd bought the Team and there was terrific anomosity showed toward him until he left.. 

13 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Not digging a hole, asking questions that Bradford fans should be asking. If the deal isn't quite signed sealed and delivered then it goes back to the question of who is doing the asset stripping and which companies are benefiting from it and do they have links to the people who are taking over?

So you are accusing people of asset-stripping now BO?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Im not sure if you are serious or not but I will give you the benefit. What assets to strip? The sale of players. Id assume cutting players from the payroll will probably help in saving money in the sense that when funding comes through or sales of season tickets there won't be much in the way of wages to pay leaving more money in the bank. The second part is theory the first part is fact. 

Nobody is making money from this - Id agree with that until I see anything to the contary but I never said they were, I asked the question who is benefitting. Lets say there is a whole list of creditors, word from different people(One may have been Sawyer in one of his various interviews) is that not all of the creditors have been spoken to or agreed any deal, what if the ones getting paid off with the sale of assets are directly linked to the people taking over?

Im not saying that is certainly the case but it is a possibility hence the question. Now apart from the moral questions it could lead to problems down the line for the club and fans. First of all theres the question of who actually owns the club because at the moment it looks to still be the original people so it does beg the question should they actually be paying off creditors just yet. Ignoring that as just a slight delay in filing some paperwork it has to be asked how do they decide which creditors to pay off when its been openly admitted that they have not spoken to all of them? What if the others turn around and say they now want paying in full or at the very least want the same deal as the ones paid off, hello winding up order and more burying heads in the sand.

Its not my club though so I really shouldn't be bothered. To be fair if I didn't know what I know about Nigel Wood I probably wouldn't be.

According to LE the monthly salary bill of £70k is the most pressing. This won't satisfy you at all, of course.

• Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

LE saying that the RFL are spending £100k+ "mothballing" Odsal.   So someone needs to concentrate their minds pretty damn quick.

... preferably sacking the entire RFL board.

£200K - someone isn't concentrating.

13 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

£200K - someone isn't concentrating.

I'll look after it for 4 grand a week , I've got a strimmer and some weedkiller ?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Does that cost include the lost rent (rumoured to be £72k) and the business rates (approx £52k)? 

I have no idea, but unless the rfl are very thick skinned this must be an embarrasing admission.

On that basis,  my gut feeling is that these costs would not have been included in the sum ,otherwise this admission would be even more outrageous. 

8 hours ago, fairfolly said:

Still no reply to my questions then Blues Ox. I will ask again, why are you bothered and what are you going to do about it if you do not like the answers?

Im a rugby league fan is why Im bothered, as already mentioned I have Bradford fans as close friends as well and I love our derbys with Bradford. I wouldnt expect those questions to be answered but if they were and it all turns out well and good for Bradford then great, if it goes the way Im thinking its going to go then I will come back and say I told you so.

7 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

So you are accusing people of asset-stripping now BO?

Not accusing at all. Its pretty clear to most people that is what is going on but it is what was needed wasn't it?

7 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

According to LE the monthly salary bill of £70k is the most pressing. This won't satisfy you at all, of course.

Obviously if thats true then it must include some players that have left. If not then its clear to see where Bradford were going wrong, they could have easily afforded to stay at Odsal if they were spending similar on players to say Dewsbury couldn't they?

48 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Does that cost include the lost rent (rumoured to be £72k) and the business rates (approx £52k)? 

Im sure the RFL will have someone working on a way to massively reduce the business rates or at least I would hope they will.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Im sure the RFL will have someone working on a way to massively reduce the business rates or at least I would hope they will.

And I hope that on behalf of the half a million plus residents of the BMDC that some one makes sure that the RFL, or Bradford RL pay every penny that they are obliged to. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

According to LE it is spread over two years and includes loss of rent, which elsewhere is said to be £6k pm; there was no reference to rates. It is actually a cost against the two year budget that the RFL are working to, apparently.

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Not accusing at all. Its pretty clear to most people that is what is going on but it is what was needed wasn't it?

Asset-stripping is usually understood to mean removing assets from a business and relocating them where the "strippers" can gain access to them for their own means. As I understand it this is a long way from such a scenario.

On 27/10/2019 at 21:06, fairfolly said:

Bradford fans have asked the questions they wanted to know the answers to last week at 2 fans forums.The vast majority seem quite happy with the answers.You will of course always have some who you could never please.I will ask the question again "why are you bothered" and if you are not happy with the answers you require what are you going to do about it.

Most people are bothered, because what has and is going on over the past few years, should be questioned. The way things are and have been done concerns many people within the game and also has effected every Fan, Player, Club and the RFL. Man,y including myself, have major concerns with Nigel Wood and his involvement-both now and in the past. The game has and still is, losing large amounts of money, due to the RFL and decisions made when Nigel Wood was boss. What has gone on should be investigated, even if to clear some of the accusations made against the RFL, Nigel Wood and those involved with Bradford Bulls this past 10 years or so.

And personally, I dont think the boss of the International game should be allowed to have interests in any one club. By the same token, no person should be holding shares or be involved at 2 clubs like Mark Sawyer does and maybe others too. Lastly, this is a forum where discussions go on about the game, of which Bradford Bulls are part of it. Are you saying should now not comment or be bothered about the activities going on at the Bulls? Just because you (and others) dont like some comments and questions asked, doesnt mean other people should stop opinionating on this topic.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Asset-stripping is usually understood to mean removing assets from a business and relocating them where the "strippers" can gain access to them for their own means. As I understand it this is a long way from such a scenario.

The Coral Stand is a sectional building and may be capable of being dismantled and sold. It is a terrific facilty that allegedly cost a couple of million to build and erect. Building it meant that speedway and/or stockcar racing couldn't return.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the council tried to sell it under the pretext of making Odsal a multi-sport facility at some non-specified time in the future.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

12 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I take that to mean you know which creditors have been paid then. Fair enough if that is the case.

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Neil Hudgell the latest to put the boot in to Chalmers and his running of Bradford. Double whammy as well having just taken a load of their players to help Bradford get through the next few weeks.

Did you notice the irony in Hudgell saying Chalmers was unprofessional when Hudgell was just the same & not for the first time

People in glasshouses etc

• Like 6

On 28/10/2019 at 19:39, Blind side johnny said:

You may have seen this from the Bradford fans board and someone who says they are an interested party.

The Bulls' fans are the club's #1 asset. Of that there can be no doubt. But we allege that Wood and Sawyer don't see it that way. They we aver are largely concerned with their own selfish motives and interests. For example, we believe at this time that the two of them are allegedly seeking to reconcile their own debts in part via a ruthless asset stripping exercise. In that regard we urge fans or the credible RL press (i.e. Mr Sadler excluded), to ask Wood and Sawyer the following question - "Please confirm with proof who were the top three BB17 creditors by value as of 1700hrs on 22cd October 2019? ".

They have mentioned the date is relevant before but what you reckon about the top 3 creditors?