costa

Bradford AGAIN (Merged threads)

On 28/10/2019 at 23:00, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Most people are bothered, because what has and is going on over the past few years, should be questioned. The way things are and have been done concerns many people within the game and also has effected every Fan, Player, Club and the RFL. Man,y including myself, have major concerns with Nigel Wood and his involvement-both now and in the past. The game has and still is, losing large amounts of money, due to the RFL and decisions made when Nigel Wood was boss. What has gone on should be investigated, even if to clear some of the accusations made against the RFL, Nigel Wood and those involved with Bradford Bulls this past 10 years or so.

And personally, I dont think the boss of the International game should be allowed to have interests in any one club. By the same token, no person should be holding shares or be involved at 2 clubs like Mark Sawyer does and maybe others too. Lastly, this is a forum where discussions go on about the game, of which Bradford Bulls are part of it. Are you saying should now not comment or be bothered about the activities going on at the Bulls? Just because you (and others) dont like some comments and questions asked, doesnt mean other people should stop opinionating on this topic.

I'm sure I saw somewhere last Friday that the RFL had conducted a internal investigation of their involvement in the Bradford situation over the past few years and everything was fine. So no more questions to be asked and no, you won't be seeing a copy of the report!

2 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

I know there’s loads of more important things at the minute for Bradford but are they actually going to manage to field a reserve side next year?

The way it's going right now, I think most of us would settle for us fielding a first team...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

You may have seen this from the Bradford fans board and someone who says they are an interested party.

They have mentioned the date is relevant before but what you reckon about the top 3 creditors?

You tell me BO. The only information that I have seen is that in the public domain which says that the larget creditor is Andrew Chalmers. Either the ones that you cite know better than that or they are skating close to libellous claims. Which do you think it is?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Won't Bradford get hit with a major points deduction as well when all this is sorted out?

All quiet on the Chalmers front.

All quiet on the RFL front.

The Mick Gledhill Facebook front:

I've looked into the frozen #BradfordBulls lottery account situation and the £107,000 and the club's attempts to regain access to this account have so far been unsuccessful. Gary Pettit of PBC Business Recovery froze the account during the recent liquidation.

The Bradford Bulls Website front:

The club reaffirms its commitment to junior engagement within rugby league and the reduction in pricing is designed to encourage the next generation to watch John Kear’s side in action next term.

We pledge to refund the difference to those who have already purchased a 2020 Junior Season Ticket – with the Junior Replica Shirt offer still valid. Junior Season Tickets can now be purchased from a cost of ONLY £49 as well as receiving the FREE Junior Replica Shirt (RRP: £35)!

To be fair, for a parent, buying your kid a season ticket and a shirt for £49 is an absolute bargain.

Edited by Wolford6
  • Like 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

5 minutes ago, Bulls2487 said:

Nope as haven't gone into administration. 

you might do if wrong person gets to grips with the £107.000 pie,and it gets shared out rather than used correctly.:kolobok_popcorm1:,how the hell is a bradford fan going to feel good about any a the past couple a years.and i do think it will get even worse once you get diluted into teabag stadium.

11 minutes ago, Bulls2487 said:

Nope as haven't gone into administration. 

Well, that's some good news then.

6 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

I know there’s loads of more important things at the minute for Bradford but are they actually going to manage to field a reserve side next year?

Have said they'll run reserves, academy and women's teams alongside the 1st team.

4 hours ago, Clogiron said:

I'm sure I saw somewhere last Friday that the RFL had conducted a internal investigation of their involvement in the Bradford situation over the past few years and everything was fine. So no more questions to be asked and no, you won't be seeing a copy of the report!

You mean this one? https://www.rugby-league.com/article/55942/odsal-stadium-and-bradford-bulls-chronology 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

To be fair, for a parent, buying your kid a season ticket and a shirt for £49 is an absolute bargain.

It is, but can they afford it to be? We know Ken Davy is underwriting Huddersfield's cheap tickets in a sense, but that's his choice to do so.

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Have said they'll run reserves, academy and women's teams alongside the 1st team.

How are they going to pay for all those teams ?

3 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

All quiet on the Chalmers front.

All quiet on the RFL front.

I've looked into the frozen #BradfordBulls lottery account situation and the £107,000 and the club's attempts to regain access to this account have so far been unsuccessful. Gary Pettit of PBC Business Recovery froze the account during the recent liquidation.

The Bradford Bulls Website front:

The club reaffirms its commitment to junior engagement within rugby league and the reduction in pricing is designed to encourage the next generation to watch John Kear’s side in action next term.

We pledge to refund the difference to those who have already purchased a 2020 Junior Season Ticket – with the Junior Replica Shirt offer still valid. Junior Season Tickets can now be purchased from a cost of ONLY £49 as well as receiving the FREE Junior Replica Shirt (RRP: £35)!

I wonder who tried to gain access and I wonder if it was before it came to light that there was 100k just kicking around in an account. The funny thing is Gary Petit never wanted AC in charge did he? So if he is in charge of getting the correct documents from someone at Bradford before its unlocked then it may be some time.

• Like 1

On 30/10/2019 at 16:29, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Talk about marking your own homework.

• Like 1

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left

This species has amused itself to death

On 30/10/2019 at 16:27, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Edit for accuracy, instead of the 1st team. 

On 30/10/2019 at 15:34, Wolford6 said:

Does he still believe Chalmers to be a shrew businessman, or howver he decribed him on his defunct show?

On 31/10/2019 at 23:13, RigbyLuger said:

Does he still believe Chalmers to be a shrew businessman, or howver he decribed him on his defunct show?

To be fair, that's how he comes across. It's also how all the other failed owners came across initially, so more fool us for falling for it, I guess. That said, no drowning man in history ever checked the strength of the rope thrown from the river bank before grabbing it and pulling. Especially so with regard to fans who have no way of making any assessment on the rope - we just hope/assume that the powers that be have done the maths on safety devices and that the lifebelt wouldn't be there if it was no good.

So where does that leave us now? Well, we've got new 'white knights' riding in on their chargers to do the good deed of pulling us out of the mire. So the circus goes on - or is it the real deal? Who knows, and certainly not me.

Edited by Bulliac

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

3 hours ago, Bulliac said:

To be fair, that's how he comes across. It's also how all the other failed owners came across initially, so more fool us for falling for it, I guess. That said, no drowning man in history ever checked the strength of the rope thrown from the river bank before grabbing it and pulling. Especially so with regard to fans who have no way of making any assessment on the rope - we just hope/assume that the powers that be have done the maths on safety devices and that the lifebelt wouldn't be there if it was no good.

So where does that leave us now? Well, we've got new 'white knights' riding in on their chargers to do the good deed of pulling us out of the mire. So the circus goes on - or is it the real deal? Who knows, and certainly not me.

Hence my many of the fanbase, including myself, simply don't trust the new lot. Until I have positive reasons to trust the owners, I won't be.

As they say, 'once bitten twice shy', or in our case is it thrice bitten, fourth-time shy?

56 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Hence my many of the fanbase, including myself, simply don't trust the new lot. Until I have positive reasons to trust the owners, I won't be.

As they say, 'once bitten twice shy', or in our case is it thrice bitten, fourth-time shy?

True it's who to trust. Sawyer  doesn't need to get involved but is likewise Kevin Nicholas to an extent. No matter what happens from here in we have finally made a decision to

1) Not to go into admin

2) Allow/Release players from or roster

3) Paid up or sorted out money owed.

I still look at our squad and feel we need a prop and another forward to compete despite who's gone.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

25 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

True it's who to trust. Sawyer  doesn't need to get involved but is likewise Kevin Nicholas to an extent. No matter what happens from here in we have finally made a decision to

1) Not to go into admin

2) Allow/Release players from or roster

3) Paid up or sorted out money owed.

I still look at our squad and feel we need a prop and another forward to compete despite who's gone.

Re 3, is that actually all sorted or is it simply, as seems to be implied by the limited info coming out, that the biggest wolves have been fed (for now at least)? Still no accounts published so at least a fine for late submission (WUP issued if not submitted within 2 months of due date I believe, but shouldn't really be a big concern unless there are some serious issues around them - Batley seem to prefer getting WUPs as reminders to submit returns to Co House rather than use a diary).

3 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Re 3, is that actually all sorted or is it simply, as seems to be implied by the limited info coming out, that the biggest wolves have been fed (for now at least)? Still no accounts published so at least a fine for late submission (WUP issued if not submitted within 2 months of due date I believe, but shouldn't really be a big concern unless there are some serious issues around them - Batley seem to prefer getting WUPs as reminders to submit returns to Co House rather than use a diary).

Good question, from read articles (if correct) and with funds being added (Sales of the 5) I would hazard a guess of owing 5 figures.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

1 hour ago, Mumby Magic said:

Good question, from read articles (if correct) and with funds being added (Sales of the 5) I would hazard a guess of owing 5 figures.

There was talk of the debt heading towards 1m, so unless some big money has been added it probably hasn't hardly put a dent in it.

Its also creeping towards the 14 days to change the shareholdings on Companies House. Maybe that will be done the same time they file the accounts though.