Jump to content

Sonny Bill Williams to fight Mike Tyson


Recommended Posts

It has been reported in the media that $onny Bill Williams will fight Iron Mike Tyson for 1-3 million.

Apparently he has a clause in his contract to allow him to Box in the off season and Toronto have given the fight its blessing.

Good luck Sonny, there is a recent clip of Tyson hitting the training pads and he looked like he can still move.

 

 

 

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, DoubleD said:

It’ll be good publicity for rugby league and Toronto Wolfpack in North America if nothing else 

Unless , as Jeff Fenech says , he gets ‘put in the morgue ! ‘

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Get as much publicity out of this as you possibly can, Rugby League because it simply isn't happening.

Nobody in their right mind let's Tyson get back in there. He was gone 15 years ago. It is OK looking good on the bags and pads but there are OAPs who look good on the bags and pads too.

People who say Tyson will destroy SBW are wrong and are only saying it because it is Mike Tyson. 

Sport doesn't have or need to see this. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

Get as much publicity out of this as you possibly can, Rugby League because it simply isn't happening.

Nobody in their right mind let's Tyson get back in there. He was gone 15 years ago. It is OK looking good on the bags and pads but there are OAPs who look good on the bags and pads too.

People who say Tyson will destroy SBW are wrong and are only saying it because it is Mike Tyson. 

Sport doesn't have or need to see this. 

 

Yeah I’d put this with the talk about Eubank and Benn fighting again that was talked about earlier this year. I loved watching them in their prime but apart from the car crash value this really is something I don’t need to see. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It definitely won't happen. If it did I'm of the opinion that Sonny Bill wouldn't be playing rugby for quite some time. And that goes for any other rugby player. They'd get pummelled. The speed and power demonstrated by Tyson for a 53 year old was amazing. But he hasn't been hit back yet, for me that's the big question. In any case he only wants to do exhibitions. I don't think Fury or Joshua will be overly concerned. But yes I'd love to see him in action again, but that's just me being a massive Mike Tyson fan,seeing him in his pomp and where he ended up was really sad. For me he would've been the greatest boxer ever if he could've kept his head straight. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 08/05/2020 at 21:10, Snowys Backside said:

Tyson would ruin him

 

An overage Botha gave Williams a lesson too. Cw9 publicity stunts even if it was true  

A very below average fighter at his best Kevin McBride KO Tyson in his last fight

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, SL17 said:

You must be joking.. ?

The old man would not make it through her first round...all Sonny Bill has to do is get out of the first minute or two and the match would be his over the dinosaur....simple.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This would probably be the most anticipated match up since Rocky Balboa took on Thunderlips.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

The old man would not make it through her first round...all Sonny Bill has to do is get out of the first minute or two and the match would be his over the dinosaur....simple.

you would have lost a player for while in first few seconds.would be like get kicked by a moose.:kolobok_training1::kolobok_hunter:  or bigfoot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, silverback said:

you would have lost a player for while in first few seconds.would be like get kicked by a moose.:kolobok_training1::kolobok_hunter:  or bigfoot.

Ahhh.... Sonny Bill would easily take it.   Plus the old gal ain't what she used to be and has arthritis so she can't hit as hard as she used to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Ahhh.... Sonny Bill would easily take it.   Plus the old gal ain't what she used to be and has arthritis so she can't hit as hard as she used to.

I’m thousands of miles away from Tyson but he’s such a scary human being I still wouldn’t say that ... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...