Super League Promotion (Merged Threads)

Col81

Can anybody answer me the following 3 questions?

1.How was the Leigh academy doing in the academy league when the season was shut down?

2.How many new fans to the game are Leigh estimated to bring in?

3.How many new sponsors to the game are expected to come on board now that Leigh has been confirmed as the 12th club Super League?

• Like 4

Congratulations to Leigh.

Now we have structures sorted, I hope as sport we can really kick on next year and deliver a great domestic season (and perhaps be one of the first team sports to benefit from life being close to normal) and, most importantly, a spectacular World Cup.

Edited by Dunbar
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Well York was up there as the fans favourite and they posted 0 - 4, along with Toulouse Leigh had a 100% return in the Championship also at the time of Shutdown!

And Fev

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Well York was up there as the fans favourite and they posted 0 - 4, along with Toulouse Leigh had a 100% return in the Championship also at the time of Shutdown!

York are undoubtedly a feelgood club on the up, so no surprises there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Toulouse were one of a few teams to have a 100% record when the season shut down, so not sure that's a particularly valid criteria.

Not sure why they didn't just offer it to London as soon as Toronto were kicked out though.

The normal protocol would be to give the prize to the runner up not the team coming down, if you were basing it on 2019 on field performance.

• Like 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

5 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Can anybody answer me the following 3 questions?

1.How was the Leigh academy doing in the academy league when the season was shut down?

2.How many new fans to the game are Leigh estimated to bring in?

3.How many new sponsors to the game are expected to come on board now that Leigh has been confirmed as the 12th club Super League?

Can you answer all three of those questions for any of the six clubs to apply?

Congrats Leigh.  Looking forward to visiting the LSV once again.  

• Like 2

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

19 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Whilst choosing Toulouse was my preference, I have some sympathy for the game choosing a safer option to play at a time when the season is likely to still be affected by Covid. 2021 could still pose a lot of travel problems, maybe for much of the season, who knows?

13 minutes ago, Derwent said:

r. Toulouse may have been too much of a gamble with COVID etc 

It makes me laugh all this nonsense about touiouse covid  travel restrictions and SL remind me is the championship a covid free zone  

• Like 6

Just now, Tex Evans Thigh said:

The normal protocol would be to give the prize to the runner up not the team coming down, if you were basing it on 2019 on field performance.

Not sure there is a normal protocol for these circumstances though. When has a runner up been given a team's place, rather than a relegated team get a reprieve?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Look, they are in Wigan and wear Wigan clothes. They look like a duck and quack like a duck.

I'm not interested in which specific sub species of duck. They're Wigan.

Now, if there's a problem with that then maybe you're starting to see why rugby league as a sport has an image problem in convincing people that's a national, let alone international, sport.

My grandfather would walk home from Wigan in disgust and would speak to no one all week if Leigh lost to Wigan, he was a bare knuckle prizefighter back in the day and I would imagine if he was now as he was then he would walk all the way to Hastings to say hello if you described him as a Wigginer.

Leigh had no say in being put in Wigan Metro, just as they had no say in the railway line  being taken away by Dr Beeching, but don't let that stop your juvenile quips if it gives you pleasure.

3 minutes ago, POR said:

It makes me laugh all this nonsense about touiouse covid  travel restrictions and SL remind me is the championship a covid free zone  

The harsh reality is that few people care what happens in the championship. 

We have just had an entire season of the championship cancelled and barely a murmer from anyone. We have just swapped one of their strongest clubs for an expansion club with no thought at how the clubs actually in the championship will be effected. 

The championship exists for a select few to get out of. Nothing else in it matters. 

Its the same with the idea that SL should expand to 14 sides. It will give a couple of the lucky ones a chance to hang on to the coat-tails of the big clubs but everyone else in the championship would see two big teams leave and either go with fewer games or promote two smaller sides. 

But thats ok because apparently clubs no aiming for SL are worthless, pointless and dont really merit consideration. 

Edited by Scotchy1

1 minute ago, POR said:

It's potentially a huge issue for the Championship where players have jobs to go to, they can't be wrapped in a bubble like SL. Toulouse going up would have solved that problem and also removed a home game with zero away fans.

• ckn locked this topic
  • ckn unlocked this topic