Big name players at "Small" Clubs.

5 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Don't know who's memory has gone but as I recall Wakefield won quite a few with Wally in the team.  Losses v Hull and Leeds and win against Saints are the only games I still have in my head though.

Won five, lost five if I remember correctly.

2 hours ago, Rioman said:

Won five, lost five if I remember correctly.

Yeah.  Sounds more like it.  Wonder where Braniac got his stats?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Ken Goodall signed for Town in 1970 . Irish RU international who went on the British Lions tour of 1968....(This Team also contained  Keith Jarrett who signed for Barrow and Mike Coulman and Maurice Richards who signed for Salford  )....in his first year playing for Town he scored a try in his first 11 games and scored 20 tries from 35 matches ......all from loose forward !!

Edited by ivans82

I remember Daryl Powell and Nick Pinkney playing for England and/or GB while also playing for Keighley in the 1st Division. I cant really recall anyone else playing for England or GB since while playing in the 1st Division.

9 hours ago, Damien said:

I remember Daryl Powell and Nick Pinkney playing for England and/or GB while also playing for Keighley in the 1st Division. I cant really recall anyone else playing for England or GB since while playing in the 1st Division.

Carl Gibson played while still at Batley

Swinton signed a prop called Ian Thompson who was an Aussie international in the 80’s, he was absolutely shocking for us and got pushed out by a lad we signed from Wigan St Pats 

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

Berwyn Jones who was a sprint champion and member Great Britain 4 x 110 yards relay team, Commonwealth Games medal winner I think , signing for Wakefield Trinity.

Or Mike Lampkowski signing for Trinity having represented England RU .

Plus Keith Smith, what a player, singing for Trinity from the England RU set up.  

4 hours ago, burke said:

Berwyn Jones who was a sprint champion and member Great Britain 4 x 110 yards relay team, Commonwealth Games medal winner I think , signing for Wakefield Trinity.

Plus Keith Smith, what a player, singing for Trinity from the England RU set up.  

Do you seriously think these names are bigger than a club that has been graced by Neil Fox, Rocky Turner and David Topliss?

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

On 30/06/2022 at 13:31, burke said:

Trinity was a behemoth when Berwyn Jones signed.

Lampy and Smith became star players after they signed for Trin. 

• Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son