The worst haircuts in rugby league

Should be able to select a pretty mean "Mullet XIII" from the '80s - Cas could provide half the team 😆 Tawera Nikau and Dean Sampson (who gets an extra award for the bleached look)  for a start.

Or how about Mullets V Perms ?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

As a tribute to Brad Fash's catastrophe of a mullet I thought it would be fun for us to remember some of the worst hairdos ever to grace the rugby league pitches of the world.

So which do you remember particularly well? 

I'd love to know what Makahesi Makatoa was thinking.  Looked fairly normal when he left Fev, now he's a Paramatta he looks like a South Sea Island version of Boris Johnson.

6 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Any Aussie NRL player would win - as people say on her - the NRL is in a league of its own....for bad haircuts.

Plenty of council jobs and no mistake 

Corbin Sims.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

I never did think mullets would ever come back into fashion but it does seem to be the case. Seems to be quite a few players going for it as well as the average extraordinary man in the streets. Not just a traditional average length hair all over and longer at the back though but shaved to basically baldness at the sides and top and ridiculously long at the back. 

30 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I never did think mullets would ever come back into fashion but it does seem to be the case. Seems to be quite a few players going for it as well as the average extraordinary man in the streets. Not just a traditional average length hair all over and longer at the back though but shaved to basically baldness at the sides and top and ridiculously long at the back. 

Truly awful 

When the NRL returned after Lockdown, a lot of the players' terrible hairdos were blamed on the them not having the services of professional hairdressers.

It sounded like a perfectly reasonable argument at the time. But have things really improved since restrictions were lifted in Australia? Not much.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

18 hours ago, Futtocks said:

When the NRL returned after Lockdown, a lot of the players' terrible hairdos were blamed on the them not having the services of professional hairdressers.

It sounded like a perfectly reasonable argument at the time. But have things really improved since restrictions were lifted in Australia? Not much.

I think the problem with Australia is that they haven't had access to the 1990's yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris