Transfer Rumour Mill 22/23

9 hours ago, kiggy said:

I agree with you.

Unfortunately it's a win at all cost mentality, so money talks.

Agreed,needs to be a 50% reduction in overseas players allowed. I'd also include coaches in this cap. 

We need to strengthen acadamy and amateur links into the game as will only benefit the sport in the long term from a player pool and financial perspective. 

That's the real win for all

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Indigogo said:

Who has no money? Toulouse?

They have to cut their cloth accordingly now they are back in the championship, they can't keep paying SL wages to now non SL players. The backroom staff also had to be reduced, those that are left will be doubling up on their responsibilities. 

28 minutes ago, kiggy said:

They have to cut their cloth accordingly now they are back in the championship, they can't keep paying SL wages to now non SL players. The backroom staff also had to be reduced, those that are left will be doubling up on their responsibilities. 

Do they get a parachute payment or has that ceased now ?

31 minutes ago, kiggy said:

They also know that realistically IMG are locking them in soon so why waste the cash? 

5 hours ago, Stanley30 said:

We need to strengthen acadamy and amateur links into the game as will only benefit the sport in the long term from a player pool and financial perspective. 

And when these players are coming through send the best to the  NRL and then we might have a chance to win a world cup. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, kiggy said:

Even with that being the case i'm sure they will be top spenders in the league? Maybe second to Fev?

6 hours ago, Stanley30 said:

The problem being the structure of the academy system means only certain teams have true academy teams and the reality is the amateur game, certainly in Yorkshire, needs a lot of work.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kiggy said:

I knew he was staying in France, I was still hoping that TO had managed to persuade him to sign

Plenty of big names in Elite 1 next year which will hopefully improve the comp & give attendance’s a boost,but yeah he’d have been a good addition for Toulouse.

4 hours ago, Daft old hooker said:

The problem being the structure of the academy system means only certain teams have true academy teams and the reality is the amateur game, certainly in Yorkshire, needs a lot of work.

Yep, not an easy task, but should be the focus for the long term future of the game. Too many years of letting both go to rot is now having a detrimental affect across the board. Yet we're still focusing on quick short term marketing fixes

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

I’ll reserve judgment but I wouldn’t be so sure……….he looks done to me this last season

The advantage of Championship then. Part time, one fewer training sessions per week can maintain a year or two to a  good career standard.