Sun 21 Aug: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

3 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Broncos were fantastic today. Dominated the middle and deserved to win by more

A season of two halves for sure.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

3 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

York bring nothing to the game. They need to be thrown out of the league. Time to concentrate on the heartlands. Etc etc etc

I did laugh, but as I occasionally have to say - York IS the heartlands.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DEANO said:

I’m here

Is that York,the home of a Championship club equivalent of West Wales Raiders?

West Wales Raiders being a side against whom you needed dual reg and loan players from a higher league to defeat them in League 1.

The big city clubs ain't working, it seems. 

• Sad 1

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

10 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I know that only two well Griff, Leigh are very clear favourites to be promoted, but the sporting world is littered with the underdog being the triumphant one, "till the fat lady sings" Griff

Thanks for agreeing with me.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

33 minutes ago, Jughead said:

There’s a video of the crowd at the final whistle at London. If there’s more than 300 there, I will be shocked. 

I am shocked that driving away all the 'legacy' fans and having no plans at all to recruit new ones has led to this situation. It is a completely surprising outcome.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Back down to earth with a bump for Widnes today, we really need to get some size and grunt into the pack and stop giving away silly penalties. Good to see that we seem to be catching Leigh next week when they are struggling for form.                        

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

18 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I am shocked that driving away all the 'legacy' fans and having no plans at all to recruit new ones has led to this situation. It is a completely surprising outcome.

Are you talking about London because I can’t believe that they’d taken it upon themselves to drive anyone anywhere? Surely they’d just not turn up to pick you up and leave you stranded somewhere. 

50 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Is that York,the home of a Championship club equivalent of West Wales Raiders?

West Wales Raiders being a side against whom you needed dual reg and loan players from a higher league to defeat them in League 1.

The big city clubs ain't working, it seems. 

Difference is west wales get hammered every week

• Like 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

3 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Second half Leigh had 18 sets , scoring off 11 , York had 3 

Clinical and ruthless , York were shattered 

I was fortunate to witness it from the ' posh ' seats 

I wondered how many sets we had that we didn’t score from, must’ve been 5 or 6 back to back tries, twice, either side of a quieter spell halfway through the second half.

Did Stone go off injured?

1 hour ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

Back down to earth with a bump for Widnes today, we really need to get some size and grunt into the pack and stop giving away silly penalties. Good to see that we seem to be catching Leigh next week when they are struggling for form.                        

The Kear effect has not lasted .Although you are a big improvement on the team we put 70+ past at Post Office Road.

22 minutes ago, phiggins said:

I wondered how many sets we had that we didn’t score from, must’ve been 5 or 6 back to back tries, twice, either side of a quieter spell halfway through the second half.

Did Stone go off injured?

Those were the ' stats ' from Lam aftermatch 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Jughead said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LondonBroncosRL/status/1561385179582795777

I don’t know how long after full time that is but there must be 600-700 pretty fast walkers. 

There was a lot more than is shown there mate, we were gone pretty much on 80 mins and there was a big stream of leavers with us on the concourse...I'll stick to saying 900 plus was the crowd 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Just seen the results as no mobile on holiday.  Leigh is par for the course and a meaningless result.  

Bradford still naff but what on earth is going on at London.  If they start like this next year we might have a nice resurgence on our hands. 

All wrapped up in Champ till playoffs now. 

Regarding London, there is still a lot of time for DH to destroy any momentium we might have during the off-season....  Lets wait and see, right now I'm just relieved we are staying up. 

For instance now that the attendance is no better than when we was at Ealing, we are not using 90% of the facilities offered by Wimbledon, yet paying a lot more to play there, we lose 2 months in the summer when we are either playing away or in Kent, so hopefully they will be better on the pitch next year, but off the pitch it looks like the same old shambles

12 hours ago, Jughead said:

There’s a video of the crowd at the final whistle at London. If there’s more than 300 there, I will be shocked. 

They often avoid showing the crowd in their social media videos for that very reason I imagine.

Its a real shame, the poor decisions and poor start of the club have wiped even more fans of their ‘regular attendee’ list. Their form is red hot currently and deserving of better as is their media output which is vastly improved due to the excellent Jake Watson and co

1 hour ago, welshmagpie said:

They often avoid showing the crowd in their social media videos for that very reason I imagine.

Its a real shame, the poor decisions and poor start of the club have wiped even more fans of their ‘regular attendee’ list. Their form is red hot currently and deserving of better as is their media output which is vastly improved due to the excellent Jake Watson and co

Like I say the stands had a lot more than is shown in the video...a good game yesterday and lots of happy fans at the end 

• Like 1