Thur 6th Apr: SL: Castleford Tigers v Wakefield Trinity KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/23 at 19:30

Wakefield poor execution on both centre/wing combinations. Lost count of how many desperation passes out wide in second half. Unfortunate with one or two marginal ref calls, but in the end just not enough skill and creativity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Tad unfair to have a go at Castleford Tigers last week at the Dragons i thought they looked pretty decent .

They won their most important game this season against Leeds the fans are happy any other win now is a bonus. 

2 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

As a supporter of the losing side, I think the ref was really good tonight, fair to both sides, let the game flow . Young up and coming ref, wish we had a few more like hI'm, Well done sir.

Agree I like that guy.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Wakefield will probably struggle to win a game based on that performance. Their starting pack was awful but the bench was even worse. No coach will be able to rescue them based on what they are currently delivering. 

Haven't seen the game so can't comment on that, but what's interesting is Applegarth.

Presumably he was a cheap option as coach but is he likely to be under pressure from A) the Wakefield board and B) the fans and media or due to the notion that finally there might not be a weaker side and there's a lot of expectation for them to go down, does Applegarth in effect get a free ride?

Be interesting to hear Wakefield fans' take on this, what is his likely remit?

To ready them for the inevitable and try and build to come back up or solely to try and keep them up this year?

11 minutes ago, meast said:

Haven't seen the game so can't comment on that, but what's interesting is Applegarth.

Presumably he was a cheap option as coach but is he likely to be under pressure from A) the Wakefield board and B) the fans and media or due to the notion that finally there might not be a weaker side and there's a lot of expectation for them to go down, does Applegarth in effect get a free ride?

Be interesting to hear Wakefield fans' take on this, what is his likely remit?

To ready them for the inevitable and try and build to come back up or solely to try and keep them up this year?

It’s an interesting one because they don’t look like a team that’s not trying, they just look like a team that hasn’t got the players to stay in SL

8 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

It’s an interesting one because they don’t look like a team that’s not trying, they just look like a team that hasn’t got the players to stay in SL

Although there's evidence to form that view, I'm not sure I agree. 

They certainly need to practice and rehearse their play, they need coaching to play together as a team. 

They are, though, not the only team to run out of ideas when near the try line, nor when the centre/wing is flying. Stevo used to call it "panic rugby"  . I think this fitted Wakefield exactly.