Sun 23rd July : Betfred RL Challenge Cup Semi Final : Hull Kingston Rovers v Wigan Warriors KO 17:00 BBC2

Who will win?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull Kingston Rovers
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/07/23 at 16:30

Discuss the Betfred RL Challenge Cup Semi Final between Hull Kingston Rovers and Wigan Warriors here.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• ckn pinned this topic

I have started the dialogue with the Mrs about the fact the Cup Final takes place 24 hours before we’re due to fly back from the house in Spain, and wouldn’t it be nice to stay in a nice hotel in London on Friday and Saturday night that weekend instead 😬

This could be expensive…note to self, don’t book flights in January without properly thinking things through! 

• Like 3

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

I have a sneaking feeling it will be Hull KR and their fans will act as the 14th man at the stadium roaring on the rovers..

• Like 2

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Wigan don't lose semi finals but there's always a first time.

Rovers have Batchelor, Ryan, Schneider, Lewis, Linnett and Hall available which will help a  lot but still without Abdull, Coote, Hadley, Sue and Wood.

OK that's just 4 certain starters but for Rovers that's a big positive. Schneider looks an inspired replacement for Abdull and that's a reflection of the new financially secure Hull KR. 

Rovers are now approaching 10,000 ticket sales with Wigan struggling to surpass 2,500. There's going to be a massive advantage in support for Rovers but how much that will favour us I don't know.

I've already booked our Wembley hotel .....albeit with a nil cost cancellation!

Honestly the Wembley decider probably needs a Hull KR v Hull final to get something approaching a crowd of yesteryear.

32 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

"Image from the end of the RL Challenge Cup Semi Final between Hull FC and Wigan Warriors at the Keepmoat Stadium, Doncaster, Friday 29th July, 2016..."

Pundits' preview: Can Hull FC topple Wigan Warriors in the Challenge Cup  final? - Paul Clarke - Hull Live

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

Rovers have Batchelor, Ryan, Schneider, Lewis, Linnett and Hall available which will help a  lot but still without Abdull, Coote, Hadley, Sue and Wood.

OK that's just 4 certain starters but for Rovers that's a big positive. Schneider looks an inspired replacement for Abdull and that's a reflection of the new financially secure Hull KR. 

Rovers are now approaching 10,000 ticket sales with Wigan struggling to surpass 2,500. There's going to be a massive advantage in support for Rovers but how much that will favour us I don't know.

Honestly the Wembley decider probably needs a Hull KR v Hull final to get something approaching a crowd of yesteryear.

2500 ? Are you sure ? I just can't belive Wigan would only sell so few tickets for a semi final.

3 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

2500 ? Are you sure ? I just can't belive Wigan would only sell so few tickets for a semi final.

Pretty sure there was less than that at Doncaster in 2016.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

I find that that really strange for a club of that stature and history 🤔.

Maybe they have got the open end with no cover? I feel sorry for any of the supporters who are in that end with 90% of rain expected all day Sunday.

How Headingley can be described as a top class stadium in this day and age with only 3 sides covered is disgraceful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

May be an image of phone and text that says "05:58 Live Rugby League Challenge Cup On this week Cancel 609 ONE Rugby League Challenge Cup 2023 Today, 2.00pm 2h 30m BG TWO Rugby League Challenge Cup: Wigan Warriors Hull KR Sunday, 4.30pm 2h 30m"

• Haha 2

On 21/07/2023 at 19:21, DimmestStar said:

Having loads of fans and outnumbering the opposition at Elland road didn't do rovers much good last year 😅

Hopefully it's another good game

• Like 1