The 2024 Kit Thread

3 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Don't get me started!...

Quick! Everyone poke Wellsy until he gets started!

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

48 minutes ago, meast said:

Another example of an alternative(away) kit almost identical to the principal (home) kit.

Why do teams do this?

May be the cynic in me but... so they can release a 3rd one with "justification"?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, RP London said:

May be the cynic in me but... so they can release a 3rd one with "justification"?

The third kit is always going to come now, though, we all expect that. Along with the heritage kit and the charity kit.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 minutes ago, wilsontown said:

I don't know, but I'd say the home kit is predominantly black and the away is predominantly white. Who are they going to play where both shirts would clash with the opposition?

Its the dark shoulders, shorts and panels down the sides that are the isue.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, wilsontown said:

I don't know, but I'd say the home kit is predominantly black and the away is predominantly white. Who are they going to play where both shirts would clash with the opposition?

Hull

27 minutes ago, wilsontown said:

It'll depend on the design of the other clubs' home kits.

But assuming they don't draw Widnes in the cup, there's a possibility of a London Broncos kit that is primarily black with heavy white (and red) detailing. Castleford have also had home kits recently that have large amounts of black and white on and more subdued amounts of amber/orange. I could see both of Hull's kits clashing with those.

Edited by Barley Mow

54 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

It'll depend on the design of the other clubs' home kits.

But assuming they don't draw Widnes in the cup, there's a possibility of a London Broncos kit that is primarily black with heavy white (and red) detailing. Castleford have also had home kits recently that have large amounts of black and white on and more subdued amounts of amber/orange. I could see both of Hull's kits clashing with those.

Looking at them, I reckon Hull's home kit will be predominantly black, and the away kit has the option for white shorts, so can be predominantly white. Despite the colours looking unnecessarily similar, I don't think they'll clash too badly with anyone to be honest.

20 hours ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

Looking at them, I reckon Hull's home kit will be predominantly black, and the away kit has the option for white shorts, so can be predominantly white. Despite the colours looking unnecessarily similar, I don't think they'll clash too badly with anyone to be honest.

If the away kit was white shorts, it wouldn't be as bad. But I cannot see a situation where if a kit clashes with our home kit that it wouldn't clash with that away kit. I saw it in person yesterday and that blue is very very dark. Might as well be black. I'm surprised it's been allowed by the RFL

• Like 1
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

22 hours ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

Hull historically have usually worn white shorts with the irregular black and white hoops. It changed to black shorts, for no apparent reason, when Brian Smith was in charge.

Edited by Gomersall

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

If the away kit was white shorts, it wouldn't be as bad. But I cannot see a situation where if a kit clashes with our home kit that it wouldn't clash with that away kit. I saw it in person yesterday and that blue is very very dark. Might as well be black. I'm surprised it's been allowed by the RFL

I read on one of their images that they would have white and blue shorts for the away kit. Agree about the shade of blue though - on the video I thought it looked black! 

Do you remember these shirts? I always thought this was a ridiculous away shirt that was virtually the same!

1992-1993-hull-fc-rugby-league-home-shirt-large-16229-p.jpg?w=500&h=500&v=6112020-131949

1992-1993-hull-fc-rugby-league-home-shirt-xl-11487-1-p.jpg?w=500&h=500&v=1E85C053-E447-4C9F-A040-D995D2A604F9

• Haha 1