Powell Gone

On 31/07/2023 at 16:26, HullWire said:

Impressive consistency for ex Cas coaches, let's not get another one.

Haven't some of our Hull FC-supporting members got a lock-up full of "Radford must go!" t-shirts to shift?

Edited by Futtocks
  • Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 01/08/2023 at 14:16, Dave T said:

Warrington Wolves chairman on Daryl Powell departure | Warrington Guardian

Quite a good honest interview. I think it's clear he is very unhappy with what Powell did. He is putting the blame firmly at his door. And I can't disagree with it - the club backed him, and performances haven't been good enough.

Is there a transcript for those who don't subscribe?

5 hours ago, The Future is League said:

That's a very odd article and doesn't appear to say anything other than Holbrook met with the Bulldogs.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

21 minutes ago, dkw said:

Wining bonuses eh..

Justin telling the wife - "alright love, got a job with Warrington"

"oh cool, whats the wage?"

"about £200k plus win bonuses"

"So £200k then"....

Reported that he’s turned Wire down and now a toss up whether it’s Canterbury or Roosters.

Maybe Wire couldn’t guarantee players would conform to his neck rubbing requirements?

where to now for Warrington ? the issue now is that whoever does get appointed will always know that they weren't who they really wanted which can't be good, nobody likes to be second choice in anything.

1 hour ago, Expatknight said:

where to now for Warrington ? the issue now is that whoever does get appointed will always know that they weren't who they really wanted which can't be good, nobody likes to be second choice in anything.

I'm not sure that's a big issue. 

4 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Reported that he’s turned Wire down and now a toss up whether it’s Canterbury or Roosters.

Maybe Wire couldn’t guarantee players would conform to his neck rubbing requirements?

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/reports-justin-holbrook-rejects-warrington-wolves-and-is-set-for-nrl-return-79566/?fbclid=IwAR0hvAnjD5zEozKnMhQGmcrgNJnwIttvbfeyb8UurJuxx8AcuQpy9WX0p04

23 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I suspect he's being lined up to replace Cameron Ciraldo at the Canterbury Bulldogs in the not too distance future as things haven't gone as wel as Gus was hoping for there

Good move for Holbrook if he does go there given the players they've signed for next year. Their squad for 2024 can easily make the top 8

• Like 1

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

3 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Good move for Holbrook if he does go there given the players they've signed for next year. Their squad for 2024 can easily make the top 8

Plus he might tempt some of the Titans' star players to follow him if he's given a decent recruitment budget at Canterbury.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Quite scathing, the section on how people were treated doesn't show Powell in a good light.

Yes, as an outsider it's made me very uncomfortable and felt wrong. Interesting that this is confirmed.