111 - 0

Outside the Summer era, Wigan surpassed that in a single game, when they beat Flimby & Fothergill 116:0. I don't know if the two sides faced each other again that season, but I'd guess the score imbalance continued if they did.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 hours ago, WN83 said:

Not 2 league games but I still have nightmares about a certain teams 145-0 aggregate defeat, across a league and cup game 18 years back.

Sorry to bring you back to hell, but I was at the cup game at Knowsley Rd where we ‘reset’ Wigan’s club record defeat at 75-0 after Leeds had set it the previous week (70-0).

The result of the game was a foregone conclusion beforehand such were Wigan’s woes and all that there was to play for was running up the largest scoreline possible.

If memory serves me correctly (and it was a while ago) it was only 69-0 with moments remaining when Saints scored to eclipse the mark set by Leeds.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Sorry to bring you back to hell, but I was at the cup game at Knowsley Rd where we ‘reset’ Wigan’s club record defeat at 75-0 after Leeds had set it the previous week (70-0).

The result of the game was a foregone conclusion beforehand such were Wigan’s woes and all that there was to play for was running up the largest scoreline possible.

If memory serves me correctly (and it was a while ago) it was only 69-0 with moments remaining when Saints scored to eclipse the mark set by Leeds.

I was there as well but the details are sketchy. It’s not the kind of day you like to remember too much of in my defence. 

After having a quick google and looking at the team lists, I would say we have a bit more of a defence for those back to back pastings, than Leeds have for their two. Looking at the Leeds team this past two weeks, there are 3 or 4 really inexperienced players in them, whereas those Wigan sides had 7 or 8. Wigan were also facing two of the best sides in Superleague history, let alone the best in the league at the time. The current Wigan and Catalans teams are good ones by current standards but not a patch on the Leeds and Saints teams in those games in 2005. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WN83 said:

I was there as well but the details are sketchy. It’s not the kind of day you like to remember too much of in my defence. 

After having a quick google and looking at the team lists, I would say we have a bit more of a defence for those back to back pastings, than Leeds have for their two. Looking at the Leeds team this past two weeks, there are 3 or 4 really inexperienced players in them, whereas those Wigan sides had 7 or 8. Wigan were also facing two of the best sides in Superleague history, let alone the best in the league at the time. The current Wigan and Catalans teams are good ones by current standards but not a patch on the Leeds and Saints teams in those games in 2005. 

Agreed!

6 minutes ago, WN83 said:

Wigan were also facing two of the best sides in Superleague history, let alone the best in the league at the time.

Meh. Hull smashed Saints in the cup in the next round, then beat Leeds in the final. Weren't that good!

Neither won the league either. Bradford dominated the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

10 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Outside the Summer era, Wigan surpassed that in a single game, when they beat Flimby & Fothergill 116:0. I don't know if the two sides faced each other again that season, but I'd guess the score imbalance continued if they did.

It was a  Rugby League Cup game Flimby & Fothergill were a works side.

On 17/09/2023 at 00:00, Ragingbull said:

Has any side in the summer era conceded more then 111 points  in 2 games without reply . 

Is this R****s team the worst in SL history in that respect or has another club eclipsed across 2 league games? 

Wakefield come close. Between the 70th minute of the game v Catalans at the start of this season, they then played three complete games, and then half the first half v Salford (I think), during which they conceded 106 points without scoring.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

21 hours ago, Rapscallion said:

York beat West Wales 274-0 across two league games in League One during 2018. 

Bradford beat Salford 148-17 over two games in 2000, made up of the 96-16 SL record and a 52-1 win. 

Am I completely remembering this wrong, or did Martin Offiah score that one pointer, purely to avoid being nilled? Possibly the only drop goal of his career...or am I going mad? 

Edited by The Masked Poster

Not the same as what the OP asked but Huddersfield must hold a record for the most consecutive 40+ points conceded in the SL era?*

Between 16 July and 22 August 1999 results were

Leeds A,) L 6-86

Gateshead(H) L 16-40

St Helens (A) L 16-64

Wigan(H) L 10-60

Warrington (H) L 10-40

Wakefield (A) L 12-40

London (A) L 4-40

The run was ended with a 19-18 win over Halifax before 2 more defeats

32- 47 at Sheffield and 10-32 to Castleford

* Halifax came close in 2003

On 17/09/2023 at 01:07, Futtocks said:

It was a cup game.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.