Fri 6th Oct: SL S/F: Catalans Dragons v St Helens KO 20:00 (UK time) (Sky)

Who will win?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/10/23 at 19:30

I really do not want Catalans winning but this St Helens side fails to convert dominance into points on the board and this will come back to bite them in the same way they lost the semi-final to Leigh and let Wire get up off the canvas last week before squeezing home.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Catalans away in a play off semi final is as tough as it gets. They've been brilliant all year and it's tough to back against them.

But we've won something like 15 of the last 17 league matches, which is incredible form. We have rarely been convincing but are very hard to beat.

I think we might struggle to break down Catalans organised defence, so will tip Catalans by 4.

• Like 1

Saints are a champion side - it's in their DNA by now and the occasion will not be intimidating to them at all.

Catalans packed with talent, but if a 50/50 decision or two goes against them, the home crowd's attitude can get a bit whingey and it doesn't always help the players.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm going to say Catalan because I've been wrong almost every week lately and with luck I'll be wrong again.

But in all honesty it could be one game too many for Saints and you would think they may need to score at least 4 trys away at Catalan if they are to win it. I can't see Catalan having rested and at home scoring less than 3 trys. 

Edited by Johnny Ringo
Typo

I actually think Catalans are a more imposing team and harder to beat away from home this year. At home they are very beatable. They've lost to Warrington twice, Huddersfield and were battered by Wigan in the south of France. Saints are on a 10 game winning streak that won't end because they can grind out results better than any other team in the competition but also have plenty of points in them if you give them an opportunity.

Saints by 14.

• Like 1

Catalans always have a dumb game in their repertoire.  Hope they don't bring it out tonight.

Would like to see Tom Johnstone scoring a few specials.  

• Like 2

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

2 hours ago, overtheborder said:

Noticed this one's on Sky Showcase as well as Sky Sports - just a heads up for anyone who doesn't pay for the Sky Sports subscription (it might be available on the likes of Now TV as well but I'm not that well up on all these streaming services!).

Allegedly live and free on l’equipe sports channel albeit with a French commentator.

https://www.lequipe.fr/programme-tv/agenda