Trinity owner has big plans

52 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

You’d still need to relay the terracing. I get your logic but those’d boxes are 25 years old. I doubt they would survive the move and even if they did they are still a temporary structure.

Its something the old BOD would have looked at but I think Ellis’s has bigger plans. 

Doesn’t necessarily have to be the same units, but just figured it was a better use of the limited depth of space to pile on top of each other rather than trying to get any sort of terracing built there. Then gives free scope for something ‘proper’ behind the sticks, then. 

7 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Doesn’t necessarily have to be the same units, but just figured it was a better use of the limited depth of space to pile on top of each other rather than trying to get any sort of terracing built there. Then gives free scope for something ‘proper’ behind the sticks, then. 

I’m afraid you’re another one under a miscomprehension. The space on the west side of the ground is more than capable of taking a decent sized stand. I accept that it does look narrow but actually it isn’t, I think because it’s so messy at present it looks worse than it is. Access is poor but as it’s not where the main stand is anymore it doesn’t really matter. The fact that the west terrace used to contain the old main stand tells you it’s bigger than you think.

i get what you are thinking but it’s actually height that may be the issue, as it may deprive the houses behind of light. That’s what Ellis means when he says “creative’.

However you are right about the south end of the ground. There is a huge amount of space there and it has its own independent road access. It really could be developed into something special, but it’s last on the list as the boxes are paid for and are a good revenue maker.

20 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Shame as we were playing well. A little embarrassing but we've got just over a month to find the fault. Weird how's it'd been fine for the round ball lot over winter. 

They failed on the football club not too long back as well.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, meast said:

Oops! but they're considerably richer and massiver now they got a new considerably rich owner 😊

Well if you are comparing Wakey to Huddersfield ,yes you are 100% correct on both points

• Like 3

Trinity always looked comfortable in that game. As a trinity fan I was happy with Lino, Gale, Vagana, Bain, Thornley still to come into the team. Jowitt and Walmsley both out of position too. 

Wigan had a mixed team of first, fringe and young lads but still the likes of O’niell, Wood, Chan, Thomson, Byrne, Mago, Hampshire, Hill, Leeming, Ellis, Eseh it would have won most championship teams over. 

Not getting carried away but Trinity looked very well drilled in defence and despite a young lad in Lawford (he looks special) and a full back at half we created a few chances. won’t disrespect the championship teams as we will have to work hard but the team looks highly capable of finishing top. 

McGillvray looked fresh and dangerous tonight. 

Wigan have some good young players and good fringe options. Hampshire setting up Farrimond was a classy try with a kick over top and Farrimond has some speed. 

Shame about the lights but so long as they sort the electrical fault it shouldn’t be an issue when it matters. 

• Like 2

At least Wakefield had a plan to prevent a repeat of the 2nd half collapse we suffered in the Boxing Day friendly at Headingley.

• Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 hour ago, Stanley30 said:

Hang on, I've just come across some photos. Is it just a new stand they've built?

I thought they built a new stadium on the site or something?

Further breaking news: Mafeking has been relieved

• Haha 2

What was the deal with the portaloos?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

12 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

OMG this is so funny. Sorry don’t mean towards you Matty Ashurst. 

I see the funny side, and it was unfortunate.

But let’s not overlook the Mr Ellis biggest investment was beating the current SL champions quite comfortably before it ended.

Yeah it was a friendly, yes both teams were not full strength but both were pretty close.

However Trinity looked very comfortable and well drilled and more than a match for Wigan on the night.

Floodlights can be fixed for few hundred quid, teams can’t. So I’ll take the floodlight failure anyway over a team failure.

Edited by Kirmonds pouch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, meast said:

Oops! but they're considerably richer and massiver now they got a new considerably rich owner 😊

I didnt realise having a rich owner means things never stop working ever, amazing insight.

Over 4000 at the Ashurst testimonial game last night. 

• Like 2

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

5 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

I see the funny side, and it was unfortunate.

But let’s not overlook the Mr Ellis biggest investment was beating the current SL champions quite comfortably before it ended.

Yeah it was a friendly, yes both teams were not full strength but both were pretty close.

However Trinity looked very comfortable and well drilled and more than a match for Wigan on the night.

Floodlights can be fixed for few hundred quid, teams can’t. So I’ll take the floodlight failure anyway over a team failure.

Wigan pretty close to full strength? You are having a laugh. 3 players from the first 13 is nothing like that. It was predominantly academy players and squad players numbered 20-30.

Edited by Damien
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Damien said:

Wigan pretty close to full strength? You are having a laugh.

Wigan had 10 players likely to feature heavily in the 1st team.

Wardle, Leeming, Ellis, O’niell, Chan, Thomson, Mago, Byrne, Walters and Dupree. 

Also 3 players I’d say are fringe in Hampshire, Eseh and Hill. 

Of course Wigan were missing their pivotal players and a handful you’d expect will improve them. Let’s not get carried away. But there was a lot of quality in the Wigan team especially the forwards which trinity got the better of for most part. 

From a trinity perspective, never had to get out of second gear. Wigan didn’t break the line once and had to rely on a kick and stretched defence to score their points. Trinity looked very well drilled and structured. 

With Thornley, Gale, Lino, Vagana and Bain to come in still and Walmsley and Jowitt playing out of position all game I’d say that made me feel quite confident going into the season. 

We would have found it a lot tougher with Wigan having full team out naturally but it was positive regardless. 

• Confused 1